Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

Err.....not really. While the overall silhouette may be similar, apart from the gunpod, the VF-17 and VF-171 share no identical parts. Toys of the two would require 100% different tooling.

Graham

Kind of like the difference between the YF-19/VF-19A and the VF-19F/S/kai/P. Similar look, different beasts to transform. Which makes me wonder if any 19 variants will be released...

There should be if they're doing the Kai, they should have at least the YF-19 make an appearance....mold wise yeah pretty different, but they're moving so damn slow with this production that I kind of feel like there wont be any of those really cool never been toy released valkyries out.

I mean I'm particularly looking forward to the VF-4 and the VF-171.

Kind of like the difference between the YF-19/VF-19A and the VF-19F/S/kai/P. Similar look, different beasts to transform. Which makes me wonder if any 19 variants will be released...

Considering how similar the VF-19F, S, P, & Custom are; Bandai would be silly not to milk these molds for all they're worth and release as many variants as possible.

Bandai is not finished with Macross yet.

Over at Ngee Khiong there was this post wtih the following tidbit:

Macross Frontier

* An area will be set up for fans to experience the heavy feel of DX Chogokin Macross Quarter and its transformation gimmicks.

* New category, the evolution in VF100's series - "VF High Metal"

I was going to go with the standard VF100's line once a VF-19F/S had been released, but now I think I'll have to sit it out and see what this new sub-line brings.

Macross Frontier

* An area will be set up for fans to experience the heavy feel of DX Chogokin Macross Quarter and its transformation gimmicks.

I was going to go with the standard VF100's line once a VF-19F/S had been released, but now I think I'll have to sit it out and see what this new sub-line brings.

Interesting. The VF-19-kai may be the first in that line (or a prototype to it) since it's been reported to include diecast.

I await more details with curiosity.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of excessive amounts of diecast metal in transmforming toys, due to the paint chipping that inevitably occurs.

My view is that metal should just be added where necessary for durability, not just having diecast for diecasts sake.

My main hope for the VF100s line is to reduce the amount of parts and parts-forming necessary.

Graham

Macross Frontier

"Hi Metal" can mean from full blown metal build or just metal feet and legs for added weight. If the metal is used in the appropriate areas (transformation and articulation points) then count me it.

But would the "Hi Metal" category include the VF-19 or just everything thereafter?

"Hi Metal" can mean from full blown metal build or just metal feet and legs for added weight. If the metal is used in the appropriate areas (transformation and articulation points) then count me it.

But would the "Hi Metal" category include the VF-19 or just everything thereafter?

Or could it just mean metallic color, like the two non-transforming VF-25's we are getting in the VF-100 line?

I'd very much like to see Bandai's take on the YF-21 and VF-22. Not too crazy about the Yamato's proportions. I understand is a tough one, but it's always interesting to see another company tackle the inherent problems of a design with a different perspective.
With swappable landing gear, I think Bandai can make a fairly anime accurate YF-21/VF-22

this is cute but bad for toy lovers. belongs to letting peoples angry range...unless u ve time n skills to do own modify. i prefer don't waste time. first it hit my interest by the correction of "cockroach ears". except for vf25g still worthy. hmm..vf-19 N VF2SS.. MY LOVE FOR OLDER VER IS THICKER

always and always, beta version, improved ver and later good version. oh pls dun waste the earth resources.(for example lazy bums rather mould 2 gun pods instead making one perfect one.) now feeling alto's machine is a copy ver of mospeda...it's not i want to flare bandai for no brains. why limit the armour when majority previous 1/60 vf25f purchasers wanted it.

Edited by alvaro

I agree completely, yet I also disagree entirely.

I will have to agree to disagree with you, but only partially.

Re: VF100 YF-21/22 - A set of alternate "anime accurate" chunky legs would be an excellent use of resources. Put overly skinny skeletal legs inside the body for transformation, but have alternate legs what have a nice bellbottom shape to exchange for times when it remains in robot display. That kind of thing would be much more beneficial as far as parts-forming things go.

I'm happy to see that the VF-19 seems to be fairly spartan as far as "extra bits needed to transform" go.

Edited by QuinJester

I will have to agree to disagree with you, but only partially.

Re: VF100 YF-21/22 - A set of alternate "anime accurate" chunky legs would be an excellent use of resources. Put overly skinny skeletal legs inside the body for transformation, but have alternate legs what have a nice bellbottom shape to exchange for times when it remains in robot display. That kind of thing would be much more beneficial as far as parts-forming things go.

I'm happy to see that the VF-19 seems to be fairly spartan as far as "extra bits needed to transform" go.

why bother putting skinny legs in fighter mode? Just slap on belly plates.

The new issue of Figure Oh confirms that the VF-19kai will be the first to bear the Hi-Metal label. Also, it costs a whopping 7350 yen (I might be mistaken on the exact price, but it is definitely over 7000).

Ahhhh....I get it now. The "Hi Metal" name was brought back to help sugar-coat the higher price. :lol:

I'm still getting one, especially after seeing the pic in the post above this one and the even better pic in the post below!

Edited by eriku

Hello,

It's been a long time since I posted, and although I haven't visited for a while, Macross is always on my mind.

I'm celebrating 8 years of official MW membership this month!!! I remember the original, as in very first forum that we started with when I didn't join, but e-mailed with Graham in 2000. Regards to Graham and Shawn as well, not to mention all of the other long time members (Fulcy, Rosario, Jung, Takatoys, etc). Rosario is no longer here, but who can forget his love of purple font, and the non-delivery of some orders. My apologies to anyone I forgot to mention by name.

The Bandai's VF100's are the perfect size for me, and I really like the concept since I'm a fan of the Gundam Fix Figures too. We've come a long way since my first Matsushiro Jetfire that I got for Christmas as a child, and my days of buying old Joons and Jetfire valkyries on eBay to customize. I used to hate soaking the parts in brake fluid. ^_^

Best wishes to all and I'm looking forward to another (8) years,

Christopher B))

Wow, 7000+yen for the Kai....F***. They are RUINING this line fast. What the hell is the point of a small scale line if they cost just as much or more than the bigger ones and they aren't Perfect Transformation either like the big ones??? What I once held as high hopes for this line is completely gone in favor of anger towards the money whores that are Bandai...

Wow, 7000+yen for the Kai....F***. They are RUINING this line fast. What the hell is the point of a small scale line if they cost just as much or more than the bigger ones and they aren't Perfect Transformation either like the big ones??? What I once held as high hopes for this line is completely gone in favor of anger towards the money whores that are Bandai...
Technically it is perfect transformation, the landing gears are swappable I think, and the only pieces that are removable are some leg pieces for anime accuracy, but that's just for looks they don't need to be removed for transformation.

7000+ yen for a VF100?

That's even more than the price of the Armored VF-25F (and it is armored), and close to that of the 1/72 VF-25 Armored model kit.

I'll rather wait for a Yamato release. If it doesn't come, I can live with it. B)) Never really like the Mouth Valk.

Technically it is perfect transformation, the landing gears are swappable I think, and the only pieces that are removable are some leg pieces for anime accuracy, but that's just for looks they don't need to be removed for transformation.

The head and the hands need to be swapped/removed, though.

change the name, change the box and gives u replica of the super hcm pro of gundam.

personally i felt if they want to convince the adults, what needs to be done is hi-detail harden is meant for fragile parts. they can do well for hcm, why not macross? until removable micro pilots. sure yamato can do better job for their yf-19

7000+ yen for a VF100?

That's even more than the price of the Armored VF-25F (and it is armored), and close to that of the 1/72 VF-25 Armored model kit.

I'll rather wait for a Yamato release. If it doesn't come, I can live with it. B)) Never really like the Mouth Valk.

I don't know how you're doing your maths, but the Hi-metal Vf100 is not more than an Armored VF-25F. In fact it's still cheaper than Yamato's plain VF-1.

But you can wait for a Yamato release and try and convince me that 18000+ Yen is a bargain bin price compared to the VF100.

I don't know how you're doing your maths, but the Hi-metal Vf100 is not more than an Armored VF-25F. In fact it's still cheaper than Yamato's plain VF-1.

But you can wait for a Yamato release and try and convince me that 18000+ Yen is a bargain bin price compared to the VF100.

lol math fail :rolleyes:

Edited by anime52k8