Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

The photo is pointing out the orange "Macross Marker" that you will need to color the heat shield and other orange markings on the VF-11. It's sort of an homage to the do-it-yourself cutout heatshield on the 1/72 version. ;)

Oh is that all? I was worried it might have been a glue stick to use on all the pieces that will break or fall off :p

Oh is that all? I was worried it might have been a glue stick to use on all the pieces that will break or fall off :p

That too! That's what makes the Macross Markers so much better than Gundam Markers: Marker on one end, glue stick on the other. :lol:

Perhaps it'll be out Cinco de Mayo (May 5th). I can get my VF-11 w/ a Corona and a sombrero. Seriously though, the wait on this is killing me. While I do like the VF-1s that are coming, for the most part, they are all the same (except the 2 seaters). Seeing stuff that isn't the norm is what I really like, and waiting on this is like being a kid again waiting for Christmas day.

I can't wait to see new pics too. Perhaps that will quench my desire for a bit.

i can't wait for it to be released too, but... its so you guys can get it first and review it and post pics so i can decide if i'll grab a first release or wait it out... but we all know that that "desire" becomes unquenchable when you see somebody else having massive fun w/ it already... ;)

QFT. B))

Does anyone know of a US-based retailer selling pre-orders for these??

TIA.

I don't think there are any more due to Toynami's latest shenanigans. At least not ones online that I know of.

Edit: If you want a US seller specifically, you may either have to check any local stores if you're lucky enough to have one near you that stocks these things or go with ebay.

Edit 2: I forgot about Image Anime, but they are a total ripoff store that severely overcharges for things and I wouldn't recommend using them.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

this will be my first macross purchase since the release of the YF-21 but one things for sure, i'm not buying it til the 2nd release. they almost always put out a half assed one first, then follow it up with a second one with the fixes.

Will you be doing a detailed review of this VF-11 when you get one? Curious what your impression is on Detail & quality!! B))

I can foresee the review.

"No problems with QC...joints are tight, paint is good, no breakages, no stress marks, absolutely perfect for mine."

Which doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of the mass production stuff we get. Graham's review copies seem to be of a better quality than what we are getting sometimes.

I have high hopes for the VF-11B though. I hope its problem-free like the YF-21.

Which doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of the mass production stuff we get. Graham's review copies seem to be of a better quality than what we are getting sometimes.
Yeah it's weird, one would think that the samples reviewed would get breakages, not the final production versions, but the VF-1S Roy that he has is still in one piece, but the final production pieces that I, you, and others got have broken hinges and not due to rough handling.

Because those preview samples are obviously hand picked out of a batch of low-volume production probably made by someone more competent than the average chinese worker.

When all those acceleration and top speed stats are made for cars they also select the cars with the best QC, smallest panel gaps and best tolerances.

Maybe even blueprint all parts so that everything performs the best it can.

Because those preview samples are obviously hand picked out of a batch of low-volume production probably made by someone more competent than the average chinese worker.

When all those acceleration and top speed stats are made for cars they also select the cars with the best QC, smallest panel gaps and best tolerances.

Maybe even blueprint all parts so that everything performs the best it can.

That's a good explanation but wasn't obvious to me. That does explain the scenario though.

Man, that's not too far off.

Hey Vermillion, it looks like you're going to have to change your sig to the next item on your wishlist :)

With any luck, I hope Overdrive will be shipping them by Tuesday so that they arrive by Friday that week.

Speaking of which, I'm not the only one having SSL errors trying to access the account page and stuff on that site, am I?

Anyone able to get in contact with them and know what's going on?