Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

Man it isn't that big of a deal just don't display it with the boosters and FPs. Yamato has gotten wise and trys to package their figures now with all the bells and whistles, which really helps especially during these times.

Man it isn't that big of a deal just don't display it with the boosters and FPs. Yamato has gotten wise and trys to package their figures now with all the bells and whistles, which really helps especially during these times.

That depends on how some wish to save money. I believe there are some who want standalone VF-11s is because they don't want to pay extra for what they don't want (the fast packs). Or would rather pay for later.

That depends on how some wish to save money. I believe there are some who want standalone VF-11s is because they don't want to pay extra for what they don't want (the fast packs). Or would rather pay for later.

That's understandable. I just feel though that while that may be the case for some most usually want all the bells and wistles because while it may be more expensive now it winds up being cheaper because if you did just have a standalone figure then wanted to upgrade you wind up paying for the upgrades and the shipping on those. Hence why I am not really going to buy any of the upgrade stuff for my Alto DX, but just by Michel's so I can have a figure with a fast pack. But then I am known for eating my own words so I may end up buying those upgrades too.

As myself, i dont like the vf11 fast packs, but if yamato never release a stand alone i probably will display my 11 with the fast packs on the floor at the sides of the bird like the displayed the yf19 sometime.

Well, I'm really happy that Yamato listened to Graham, yet again. I remember when the original 1/72 VF-11 was in the prototype stage and Graham told them to change the Fast Packs because they were wrong. Which kind of bothers me... I thought Kawamori checked the development of the toys every so often? I guess Bandai have him right now, so he cannot go over to Yamato and give them input.

It also bothers me that if they heard about this first from Graham, then it means that no Japanese industry person nor consumer has complained once about it. That paints an interesting picture. When Yamato says something like "Well... no Japanese consumers have complained about X/Y/Z..." does it mean that Japanese consumers don't really give feedback? It was certainly my image that they didn't, but now I think we have a little more proof.

Sadly big companies look at their profit margins and not the detail that should be applied. (Just look at Hollywood when they "Historical films") Luckily Macross fans and people with inside connections like Graham are able to save the day!!

This VF-11 is gonna be great especially with the Fast packs, personally, I like the design. the gunpod with bayonet is even better!! B))

One thing that kind of has me worried is how well the cockpit area will lock in as the chest for battloid mode.

I guess it will be like the YF-21? (i.e. it wont lock down, but just rely on the friction from the hinge)

Renato: Well, no one mentioned the wrongly coloured Macross logo on the GN-U DOU VF-11B--- although that may just be because not many people bought it in the first place :p

I guess it will be like the YF-21? (i.e. it wont lock down, but just rely on the friction from the hinge)

Renato: Well, no one mentioned the wrongly coloured Macross logo on the GN-U DOU VF-11B--- although that may just be because not many people bought it in the first place :p

Actually, the YF-21 does lock down, but not because of anything to do with the hinge (which itself does nothing to stop or slow any movement of the chest).

There are blue plastic nubs on the inner side of each intake. When in battroid mode, the bottom half of the chest which is split from the top half can be pushed down so it gets caught behind the nubs effectively locking it in place. It's not very strong, but wouldn't budge if you were just shaking it around vigorously.

Unfortunately there's nothing like that for the VF-11 to rely on. Ideally, it would have a similar locking mechanism to sv-51 where a peg like thing can be folded up to lock into a hole or similar to how the crotch piece on the vf-25 dx locks in, but I so far haven't seen any pics that reveal anything like that. Perhaps it might just rely on friction after all or worst case, nothing at all (which I doubt).

Actually, the YF-21 does lock down, but not because of anything to do with the hinge (which itself does nothing to stop or slow any movement of the chest).

There are blue plastic nubs on the inner side of each intake. When in battroid mode, the bottom half of the chest which is split from the top half can be pushed down so it gets caught behind the nubs effectively locking it in place. It's not very strong, but wouldn't budge if you were just shaking it around vigorously.

My bad-- I was going off the Collection DX review and they didn't seem to find a locking mechanism. Anyway, there doesn't look to be a peg for locking down the nose.

Yeah, that collection DX review was very bad. The guy seemed to have spent like 20 minutes fiddling with the toy before making the review as he missed so many basic things and did very many things poorly which put the toy in a bad light when it really is so much better than that. In contrast, MW member Jenius, takes his time and spends days with a toy before doing a review and makes the effort to get his facts straight. Might not always agree with his assessments, but you can't ever fault him for rushing to a conclusion.

I agree with you that there doesn't appear to be any visible locking mechanism on the vf-11. I think that Yamato may still have something that isn't readily apparent to lock it down though. I'm sure enough people complained about the 19 being so floppy that they made sure the 21 could lock down and will also make sure the 11 will stay in place also. Even with the 19, you could at least say it stays in place with gravity as long as you don't flip it upside down, but with the 11, even a little forward tilt without something to hold it in place would make the nose part move away from the fuselage.

Ack! I just watched the YF-21 review. Props for doing it but I usually expect allot better from Collection dx. Granted the fast packs are hard to put on and take off but if you spend sometime with it and look at the pics you'll figure it out. Severely disappointed, but maybe I've been spoiled by the great reviews wizatar and some others usually give.

Unfortunately there's nothing like that for the VF-11 to rely on. Ideally, it would have a similar locking mechanism to sv-51 where a peg like thing can be folded up to lock into a hole or similar to how the crotch piece on the vf-25 dx locks in, but I so far haven't seen any pics that reveal anything like that. Perhaps it might just rely on friction after all or worst case, nothing at all (which I doubt).

I've had my YF-21 for a while now and I can say that while the blue plastic nubs exist they do NOTHING. they are positioned such that the back part of the nose easily slides past them, and sits way behind them in battroid mode, if they had an indent in the side of the upper half of the nose it would do something but it doesn't. the closest thing to a lock are little bulges on the metal swing bars that move the intakes into position. they serve the purpose you described, but don't do it well at all.

I thought this was a VF-11B discussion?

It is. People are talking about the YF-21 in terms of comparison to the upcoming 11 and weather or not the 11 will have a locking mechanism for the chest in battroid mode. The YF-21 was the most recent M+ toy after all.

Where have you seen the VF-11B for sale online? So far the only one I can find (I admit I haven't looked to hard) is:

Overdrive: - $187.99

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...roducts_id=1132

Thinking I will break down and by one but considering shipping from OD is going to be like $40 want to see if I can find somewhere cheaper. I would like to pay less than the $175US (+$40US shipping) I paid for my YF-21 at Angolz.

A grand spanking total of $288.21 CAD is a bit steep for me right now. If I could get it for around $250/240 CAD or $200 US with shipping I think I could work it.

Edited by logos

Where have you seen the VF-11B for sale online? So far the only one I can find (I admit I haven't looked to hard) is:

Overdrive: - $187.99

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...roducts_id=1132

Thinking I will break down and by one but considering shipping from OD is going to be like $40 want to see if I can find somewhere cheaper. I would like to pay less than the $175US (+$40US shipping) I paid for my YF-21 at Angolz.

A grand spanking total of $288.21 CAD is a bit steep for me right now. If I could get it for around $250/240 CAD or $200 US with shipping I think I could work it.

Well, HLJ probably, and Angolz will stock it once it is out.

Yeah I found it on HLJ for 18,800yen/$191US.

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00114

Not using EMS shipping I think I could get for around $260/$270 CAD.

I think HLJ forces EMS shipping on items over a certain dollar value. Probably for the traceability factor. I could be wrong on that, but that's what happened to me.

edit:

from HLJ website

"Some physically larger items and valuable orders (15,000 yen or more) may be shipped by EMS even if you request SAL shipping, depending on where you live. While this costs you slightly more, the far better handling and trackability of EMS, we believe, is justified when shipping very valuable items."

Edited by sharky

Yeah I know I have run into that before with them. Makes me real hesitant to order anything from them. I know when my Q-Rau I just ordered comes in I am going to be taking it in the butt but I had to have it. So far from all the places I have ordered I haven't had to pay duty from Overdrive and Angloz. I haven't had to pay from tisinc99.com but their service is spotty at best.

The VF-11 had rocket boosters top and bottom. It doesn't look there are attachment points for the fold booster. Besides I don't think it will fit between those FAST packs.

The rocket boosters would be cool though. I would take those over the fast packs.