Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

Finally got one of these through the recent HLJ sale, and I couldn't be happier with it. One questions, though - when the FAST packs are attached in fighter mode, does the VF-11 have its tailfins extended or retracted?

Retracted.

please tell me that those are the stock tail fins, and not a fan-mod!!

GOD, this beauty just -HAS- to be my next Valk purchase!

can anyone here turn me to the best, most affordable source they know of?

i've only been able to find a few just shy of $200shipped so far...

http://www.angolz.com/store/anime-figure/action-figure/1-60-perfect-trance-vf-11b-with-super-pack.html

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/6817-vf-11b-thunderbolt-super-parts-1-60.html

Dude, you just missed a great sale at hobby link Japan. I paid $120 shipped for the VF-11B. Keep an eye on the hobby link Japan sale thread in case it comes up again.

Dude, you just missed a great sale at hobby link Japan. I paid $120 shipped for the VF-11B. Keep an eye on the hobby link Japan sale thread in case it comes up again.

I don't think it will; it looks like it's not available anymore.

At the conclusion of the previous HLJ sale (before this one) that included the VF-11b (way back in December), the VF-11b was listed at full price, and a short while thereafter, listed as out of stock and discontinued. Yet some stock once again made their way back to the discount pile. I wouldn't be surprised if some stock made it to sales once again, if anything else, the -11c in place of the -11b.

Just my $0.02 though

The 11B was one of my first modern Yamato valks along with a 1/48 Max Super VF-1J. The 11B is still one of my favorites in terms of the basic design and how well they built it. The only bad thing about the basic design is that without fast packs, the only weapons it has is the gun pod and the head laser, not counting any underwing hard points. But, that seems to be one of the evolutionary features they put into the VF-19 was the internal missiles. Even if it was supposed to be the predecessor to the 19, I just still like the deisgn of the 11 better.

Those tail fins are Swoosh's own custom creation.

i had figured so much. :( i KNEW i had remembered them being smaller in images i've seen around... :unsure:

:(:unsure::(

Edited by Shaorin

i had figured so much. :( i KNEW i had remembered them being smaller in images i've seen around... :unsure:

:(:unsure::(

If you are interest to make one, here is the parameters I used in Microsoft Paint, then get it printed on normal A4 paper.

Hue 160 Sat 0 Lum 140

Red 149 Green 149 Blue 149

Hue 111 Sat 92 Lum 186

Red 175 Green 220 Blue 210

I think the vf-11 is probably the most underrated valk toy. It's so simple, yet so nearly flawless. You really take it for granted how well Yamato wqa able to translate it to a toy.

I can't say I've experienced that issue, but mine have been pretty secure. While my 11Bs are fine the 11C is the only one that had the loose hip connection. I remember the first day I transformed it the leg just fell off... :lol: . Still it wasn't enought to turn me away from the 11s all together.

The 11s to me represent Yamato's rise to excellent product renditions.

The fiddly cockpit is the only aspect of this toy that can shave half a point in the QC/design department. But i use a piece of paper tape aroung the grey recessed piece and end of the story ;)

I concur, it's an excellent product.

I've always been a little disappointed by the single jointed elbows as they were the only thing that even when the toy was new I thought they could have done better.

but now that I've had newer, better engineered toys like the VF-19, I'm not nearly as thrilled with the VF-11 as I used to be. I still like it, but I wish it could be as good as the VF-19 (along with every other VF I've got).

Edited by anime52k8

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...