Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

Wow, the old thread got that big already? Dam!!

I hope I'll have enough spare cash to get this one, truly on of my favorites!! Although from the pics I've seen, maybe its just me, but Isamu looks awfully big in the cockpit, what I mean is the figure seems like hes rubbing on the cockpit. Are there and better pics to show a better view?

post-6180-1236201889_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

Even in the 1/60 YF-19, it's a very cramped fit also and they had to remove part of the feet to get him to fit. I think the 1/60 Macross Plus pilots seem to be proportionally bulkier overall compared to the other pilots they've made. Though I guess Guld is excused since his flight suit was kinda bulky to begin with, especially his BDI helmet.

Comparing them to the Macross Zero pilots, the helmet, arms and legs on Isamu are way thicker. Isamu seems to have gained a lot of weight when he scaled up to 1/60 from 1/72 :p

post-10222-1236203521_thumb.jpg

And here's the better view of the cockpit taken from Yamato's site.

post-10222-1236203954_thumb.jpg

Edit:

Attached the close up of the VF-11b escape pod.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Even in the 1/60 YF-19, it's a very cramped fit also and they had to remove part of the feet to get him to fit. I think the 1/60 Macross Plus pilots seem to be proportionally bulkier overall compared to the other pilots they've made.

Comparing them to the Macross Zero pilots, the helmet, arms and legs on Isamu are way thicker. Isamu seems to have gained a lot of weight when he scaled up to 1/60 from 1/72 :p

post-10222-1236203521_thumb.jpg

Cool thanks for the pics!!! So I'm not the only one who thinks Isamu needs to lay of the Ben & Jerry's Ice cream!!! B))

The cockpits seem fine in size, as they seem pretty much in proportion with the rest of the plane. It's just that the pilots are sometimes too big or wide.

Exactly, the cockpit and canopy look great, proportion wise no problems there. But Isamu needs to go on a diet or something.

Heatshield's kinda like I thought it'd have to be, didn't think of the Z-fold hinge though. Interesting.

Still haven't seen any pics of the back of battroid mode. (the one we've seen has the boosters on it, which hide what I want to see)

This is looking great. I just hope that the paint does not get scrapped off of the heatshield in that situation. Hopefully that piece will be moulded in orange plastic.

Hopefully Yamato made sure there was enough clearance space to avoid that possible situation!!

Thanks for the pics! The one with the text on white background confirms that the red and white UN symbols are a mistake on the sample, so the real blue/grey symbols should be in place of those in the actual product! Yes!

^_^

Thanks for the pics! The one with the text on white background confirms that the red and white UN symbols are a mistake on the sample, so the real blue/grey symbols should be in place of those in the actual product! Yes!

^_^

OMG! Thank you very much Graham! Also much thanks to the person who first looked at the Macross symbol and thought-- thats weird. I certainly didn't detect it until it was pointed out here. :p Gerwalk mode looks awesome.

Edited by edwin3060

This is looking great. I just hope that the paint does not get scrapped off of the heatshield in that situation. Hopefully that piece will be moulded in orange plastic.

Hello Miriya

Yamato is going to use colored plastic ^_^

it does not look like a painted heat shield

Ja, I was never a huge fan of the plain Macross Plus colour scheme. Or the Mac7 CF colours. A Jamming Birds variant would be extra awesome, but there's that licensing issue. It won't happen. I'd love a VF-X2 version, though.

This could be my 1st Yamato toy/ valk. Not too crazy about the color scheme though. I would prefer the Jamming Birds color scheme of gray and blue or a stealth/ low vis.

making a low viz 11 is easy, just repaint the orange parts a diferent shade of gray. :lol: