Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

Nice work! Hell, this is the first new thing being done for this model in seven years, I’ll take it!

If a better job can be done, let that person do it. 

Still working in the connectors (the easiest way to attach)

All the comments are welcome I only have to say the lineart interpretation  is a very subjective because we are talking about transfer a 2d draw (with anime magic) into a 3d object besides the lineart has variations compared with the animation

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

13987578_1126044574145583_5020791540368914802_o.jpg

111210e.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely in for a radome kit! Bonus points given if you can come up with a way to fit two seats into the cockpit capsule. 

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Given it's a removable capsule, might be possible to design a full on capsule replacement.

Honestly, with the way the VF-11 is designed, I'd just make an entire replacement nose section.  Nose might hang a little low in battroid, but you'd also open up the possibility for a Jamming Bird variant. :) 

The VF-11D with double seat like Chronocidal says requires the redesign of all nose section 

but the radar is mounted in the one of a single seat so works with the "B" and "C" variants 

Still working in the antennas but think I'll finish even before the boosters

GYeb2Acd4qQAcn2w0VtEIQ.jpg

img579d032632039.jpg

On 6/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, Chronocidal said:

Honestly, with the way the VF-11 is designed, I'd just make an entire replacement nose section.  Nose might hang a little low in battroid, but you'd also open up the possibility for a Jamming Bird variant. :) 

How do you take it apart?

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2012 at 3:18 PM, Reïvaj said:

post-12283-0-56616700-1340309830_thumb.jpg 

I know that this post is from 2012, but Is there a printable template for these larger stabilizers?  I love my 1/60 VF-11B, but I definitely think it looks better when the stabilizers are a bit larger.

Really, it'd be awesome if I could buy a set of 3D-printed plastic slip-ons from Shapeways or something like that.

I think anything 3D printed would be too thick to fit over the tails and still look good, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Really, in terms of the VF-11 design, I've wanted to re-design the nose module for some time, and give it something bigger to latch into place with than that tiny tab on the original design.  I didn't hear about a lot of people breaking it, but I think there must be some more robust way to keep the nose locked in fighter mode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

Isn't Bandai going to at least do the YF-21? Hopefully the VF-11B too. Those are really the only three aircraft in the show.

With how well the Bandai YF-19 sold I think they'd be nuts to not make a YF-21 as well.

3 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Would love me a Bandai YF-21 and 11B, particularly as part of the HMR line, but something tells me that's a long shot.

I thought someone somewhere said there was a proposed Bandai DX YF-21. Like someone posted a resin prototype model pic from a show or something. I really think I saw that somewhere. 

16 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

I thought someone somewhere said there was a proposed Bandai DX YF-21. Like someone posted a resin prototype model pic from a show or something. I really think I saw that somewhere. 

Take my money!!!!:D

26 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

There was a very old Hi-Metal (not R) YF-21 Prototype shown years ago.  Is that what you're thinking of?

Edited by Mommar