Robotech: Shadow Chronicles Problem

Oh, please. Darkwater posted an "April Fool's Joke" of Harmony Gold's building on fire, something the people working there didn't appreciate, and when Robotech Master and I brought it up to him a couple of years after the fact, he still didn't seem to understand that this could be upsetting to someone. Put yourself in Harmony Gold's shoes, how would you treat Darkwater after something like this?

That wasn't what got him banned, nor was it even a big issue after the fact. Anyways, the April fools joke that almost happened was quite funny, and I do remember sitting with Darkwater and quite a few others who saw it, and thought nothing of it, except a little humorous.

Put yourself in Harmony Gold's shoes, how would you treat Darkwater after something like this?

There's two ways this could've, and was handled... 1) If I were to act in a professional manner, I wouldn't even bother with the matter. 2) Acting in a non-professional manner, I'd take offense to it and think of it as a personal attack. If I do recall, the latter is what happened to some extent or another, and then the situation just kinda blew over. I understand the fact that you want to defend HG and Tommy down to the wire, but what is the relevance to RTSC in that bit of drama that occured two years ago?

That wasn't done by Harmony Gold themselves? I remember when Robotech.com used to post an April Fool's joke on their site every year.

I do remember when they used to do that as well. Perhaps someone who frequents the site can recall the last time they did that. I don't remember one from last year, or the year before. ;)

There are a few things certain in Macrossworld when a topic that contains 'Robotech' is posted.

-It devolves into something very silly, argumentative, and repetitively about licensing and who's a bigger douchebag within that community.

-People like VF5SS posts in it to make sure it turns into a topic that is very silly, argumentative, and repetitively about licensing and who's a bigger douchebag within that community.

-It's usually someone who's hoping for HG to deliver something better than what they have been delivering, for which Macrossworld is the worst place you can start such topic because (a) people that are in position don't post here (b) you're just looking to start a thread that has been previously described above.

No offense to Robotech fans. I myself enjoyed the original airing back in the 80s and hold no grudge to such enjoyment.

Two things to remedy the situation... the guaranteed locking of this topic really soon and a long break for VF5SS and other trolls so that the fact that they succeeded in their mission won't be totally rewarded.

Two things to remedy the situation... the guaranteed locking of this topic really soon and a long break for VF5SS and other trolls so that the fact that they succeeded in their mission won't be totally rewarded.

You forgot the third option. People could start to talk about this topic in a serious manner. But, as I already noted, I think that the whole purpose of this thread was to bait people into this sort of discussion, so whats the point anyway??

Taksraven

I understand the fact that you want to defend HG and Tommy down to the wire, but what is the relevance to RTSC in that bit of drama that occured two years ago?

I have no desire to "defend HG and Tommy down to the wire," and I wasn't the person who brought up Darkwater, I just wanted to interject some logic into the discussion. But since you're the one defending him and thought that the joke in question was funny, let me run a hypothetical situation by you:

There's a guy on the internet who uses a blog to continually dissect a company's public statements, accusing them of hypocrisy and posting questionable "April Fool's Jokes" like the burning building thing. Why should that company allow him to post on their message board? Why should the company extend any sort of courtesies whatsoever to that person?

You forgot the third option. People could start to talk about this topic in a serious manner. But, as I already noted, I think that the whole purpose of this thread was to bait people into this sort of discussion, so whats the point anyway??

Taksraven

that third thing is not even what I'd call an option because it's nullified by the first two guaranteed fate of such topics.

I have no desire to "defend HG and Tommy down to the wire," and I wasn't the person who brought up Darkwater, I just wanted to interject some logic into the discussion. But since you're the one defending him and thought that the joke in question was funny, let me run a hypothetical situation by you:

There's a guy on the internet who uses a blog to continually dissect a company's public statements, accusing them of hypocrisy and posting questionable "April Fool's Jokes" like the burning building thing. Why should that company allow him to post on their message board? Why should the company extend any sort of courtesies whatsoever to that person?

Roger, are you serious? Actually, YOU DO defend HG and Tommy down to the wire," add in there toynami. So that makes you the opposite end of the same pole you are describing. But since you were warned previously about going back on topic I think you;d enjoy some time off too. You're welcome to email Shawn about that by the way.