Macross Magazines

yellowlightman

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

More vintage magazine Macross furoku....

I first saw this old school furoku being sold by MW member valk009 via his ebay shop years ago....for some reason I either forgot about it or some other items took purchasing priority....then at some point it was bought by another ebay seller and for several years he has tried to sell it also via ebay.....unfortunately, the price hike kept me from rationalizing the purchase for a long time...even though I "needed" it in my collection of Macross furoku collection! ^_^

Anyway....after years of waiting...the price finally dropped and it went from my ebay's "watch" list to my "purchase" history! :)

Several interesting custom build-ups of vintage IMAI/ARII Macross kits...plus some scratch builds....I have not checked but some may have also appeared in the old Macross Hobby Handbook....

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/hobby_handbook_front.jpg

.....enjoy!

gallery_12176_640_63214.jpg

gallery_12176_640_85458.jpg

gallery_12176_640_81953.jpg

gallery_12176_640_37855.jpg

gallery_12176_640_49266.jpg

gallery_12176_640_171466.jpg

gallery_12176_640_87948.jpg

gallery_12176_640_64704.jpg

gallery_12176_640_34847.jpg

gallery_12176_640_15265.jpg

gallery_12176_640_42420.jpg

gallery_12176_640_194315.jpg

VF-1D?....or is that a VF-1C?......

gallery_12176_640_28282.jpg

Takani-style VF-1J???

gallery_12176_640_15195.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/imai/b1217_box.jpg

gallery_12176_640_70560.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/26/2016 at 7:43 PM, jvmacross said:

Vintage Colo Comics poster insert/furoku......

Remember that episode when Hikaru went ape-sheit crazy on the Zentradi on a giant motorcycle? That was the best episode!

Never before has Macross recalled Steppenwolf for me. Now it will, forever.

I know it's an older post, my apologies.

• 1 year later...

I think is a good place to ask this rather than creating a new thread for it. I posted this in the New Macross thread as part of my reply:

I remember back in the 80's in Japan, I've been following a manga featured in Shogaku San Nensei book. Not sure if it's San Nensei (3rd Grade) or Yon Nensei (Fourth Grade). Either way, the manga is a story about a boy with a VF-1J model kit and fights other model kits. And it looks cool since his VF-1J transforms on-the-fly in all modes and sometimes he's adding parts to it depends on the arena situation. So basically it's like Build Fighters and Puraresu Sanshiro. Too bad I forgot the title of that manga. There's a memorable fighter that I keep on remembering from that manga is that he fought with a Bull that when it got shot down and got separated into 2 Glaugs and a custom mecha that came out from the Bull's head.

If anyone here is reading those manga books before and knows the title of it, please share it. Thanks! ^_^

Tochiro suggested that it might be the Plamo Tensai Esper Taro. In which I replied:

Thanks Tochiro. But I doubt it’s that one. After you replied I kind of search the title and the image I saw doesn’t look familiar. Esp the lead character. I remember he’s wearing a headphone with mic but it’s not the same as what Taro is wearing. I don’t remember him having some friends with some Defenders kits. The other character I remember is the love interest that when she got introduced she was wearing a full face mask with a ‘manly’ voice and pilots a Q-Rau. Also, I don’t remember reading some Koro Koro Magazine back then where Esper Taro was being published. It was just the Shogaku San/Yon Nen Sei. I did find an image of VF-1J in Space Equipment Type ‘Deep Diver’ configuration that was featured in that manga. Looks awesome by the way. ;) 

8D20093A-997F-4412-AAAB-D185519C02BB.jpeg.55850b99b6a1ff9032f84da4ca357e31.jpeg

Would be nice if someone could tell me the title of the manga. Thanks! ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I think is a good place to ask this rather than creating a new thread for it. I posted this in the New Macross thread as part of my reply:

Tochiro suggested that it might be the Plamo Tensai Esper Taro. In which I replied:

Would be nice if someone could tell me the title of the manga. Thanks! ;)

????

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/29270-macross-magazines/?do=findComment&comment=1286853

gallery_12176_640_7173.jpg