Official MacrossWorld Con 2009 Information Thread

Have you guys tried a 1/48 transformation tourney? lol i got owned, after there was a false start mind you!!! 1st go i was flying, duh! the dude forgot to press the timer. >_<

next time i might actually practice lol.

1/48 transformation sounds scary. Just for the toy's sake. The chunky monkeys are so sturdy you can get some serious speed going with no worries of damage. I have to say that you are very brave to have done a 1/48 transformation tourney. Did any valks suffer injury? I know it is a far way to come but you should come next year if at all possible. I have a feeling that next year will be off the hook.

Wow! Thanks for posting the pics & recaps. Looks like a great con with

fun for all (the displays, the customs, the contests, the special guests,

the happy campers & general camaraderie!) Congrats to all the attendees

& winners.

Great job, KiriK, >EXO<, & team! Even though I wasn't able to go, I

wanted to say thanks to you guys & the sponsors for putting this on!

Hope to make it next year! :)

What was really great about the con this year is that the door opened up for many more people to come that probably wouldn't have. More people probably felt like this was a "for everyone" event, and not so board exclusive. I think with the tremendous success of this con, it should be a precursor to an even bigger one next year, especially since it'll be the decade celebration of the MWcons.. I'm getting many half done customs together and will be wrapping them up over the year so that I can actually submit something for next year. This was so much fun, and I'm still on a high from all the fun. Great meeting those I haven't met before, and great to see the regulars of the cons. Hope all you who made other plans, or couldn't make it this year realize that you HAVE GOT TO GET OUT HERE for MWcon.

OK. . .

I got the pics to upload now. I guess I had to resize them.

This is member Buckettron Megahead, my good friend who drove down with me from SC...

gallery_4840_353_17001.jpg

Rons diorama...

gallery_4840_353_125048.jpg

TV Quedluun Rau custom by Ron....

gallery_4840_353_22416.jpg

Mitch's Awesome 1/55 custom with swivel thighs, Recast head, custom hands, missiles, awesome...

gallery_4840_353_27394.jpg

Mitch's sweet VF-19 custom...

gallery_4840_353_26146.jpg

More pics...

gallery_4840_353_49604.jpg

gallery_4840_353_28626.jpg

gallery_4840_353_64309.jpg

gallery_4840_353_31382.jpg

gallery_4840_353_25797.jpg

More pics yet...

The guy with the shades is my good friend Adam who gave me my first viewing and copy of DYRL? in 1998(9?) (Thanks Adam!)...

gallery_4840_353_39155.jpg

more pics....

gallery_4840_353_15039.jpg

NMB4M Orguss Valk in Gerwalk....

gallery_4840_353_64136.jpg

Gubaba and Mitch in Little Tokyo downtown after the con...

gallery_4840_353_66482.jpg

Mmmmmm.... Teriyaki fries.....

gallery_4840_353_117014.jpg

I would have posted the pics of Gubaba and Mitch at jungle anime but I have to respect the wishes of the managers of that establishment as they started shouting, "no photos!" while I was shooting. Because I am hard of hearing it took me a few shots to realize what was going on. But that place has tons of great stuff.

Hi, haven't posted here before, but I went to the first day of MacrossWorld Con with a group of my friends and we all had a lot of fun and I just wanted to say thanks for putting on such an excellent gathering. I'm sorry I missed the second day (the transformation contest looks like it was fun,) but if you guys do this again next year, we'd all love to come back.

Hi Guys! Newbie alert lol.....we finally got around to making an account for the forums. We were the dorky Alto and Ranka hahaha. It was our first MWcon. We had so much fun! Wish we could have made it for day 2. Everyone was so great and friendly! Thank you for setting this up! It was super awesome.

It was great meeting you guys. Can't wait to meet up in 2010!!!

Bee you were awesome! Are you really retiring :/

Edited by MechaBisuko

Hi Guys! Newbie alert lol.....we finally got around to making an account for the forums. We were the dorky Alto and Ranka hahaha. It was our first MWcon. We had so much fun! Wish we could have made it for day 2. Everyone was so great and friendly! Thank you for setting this up! It was super awesome.

Welcome to the forum. It was really cool that you two showed up and in cosplay too. I hope to see you next year.

And yeah, Bee, please dont retire. You did an excellent job.

Welcome and join in on the forum. Thanks for dressing up for the Con. Hope to see you two again next year. ^_^

And yeah, Bee, please dont retire. You did an excellent job.

Kirik did most of the work himself. I worked on the flyers and the shirts and contacted some sponsors but the bulk of the work was all him. I have a couple of big projects for SDCC and that took me away and bigkid left for business overseas.

Next year is Macrossworld's 10th Anniversary, I think that we should go for broke BIG or not do it at all. If we move the con to a different time of year and if we can get volunteers to help with the planning then I think Kirik would be able to head the 10th Anniversary in a more manageable condition.

If there's a need next year for some help, I'd like to help. I think I've been around long enough to know the deal. Just let me know, and I'll do what I can. 10th year should be something special

Kirik did most of the work himself. I worked on the flyers and the shirts and contacted some sponsors but the bulk of the work was all him. I have a couple of big projects for SDCC and that took me away and bigkid left for business overseas.

Next year is Macrossworld's 10th Anniversary, I think that we should go for broke BIG or not do it at all. If we move the con to a different time of year and if we can get volunteers to help with the planning then I think Kirik would be able to head the 10th Anniversary in a more manageable condition.

Ahh awesome! That's the spirit make it BAD ASS! :D 10 years, awesome. :)

Definitely gotta do something different and much more epic for our 10th anniversary! It would be memorable if we can managed to get S. Kawamori and M. Iijima or other key developer and producer. How about Yamato??

I'll volunteer for next year barring any issues and will bring some customs for display as well.. never before seen that is =) I think the wife will be ok with it.. she can go around shopping while she drops my geek butt to the CON. She kinda felt bad that I couldn't go this year. I just hope the CON doesn't fall on our reception if things go as planned.

Check out all the cool FanArt Submissions from various MW Members. Congrats to Polidread for his Itano Circus Valk Girl!

Submitted by Polidread

ItanoCircusCitrus.jpg

Submitted by Temjin

vf_x36.jpg

Submitted by Grapetang

raramia1.jpg

Submitted by anime52K8

whathikarudoesntknowabouthiswife.jpg

Submitted by Akt-m

CONTEST2_2000dpi.jpg

Extra non judged entries from akt-m

CONTEST_MACROSS_AKT_M.jpg

POSTER1111.jpg

Edited by KiriK

WOW! Great fan art!!!!! Kudos to all who submitted! And congrats to Polidread!

Just want to thank Bee for organizing the event, Alex for designing the ultra-cool shirts, and the UCLA anime club for all the hard work! Definitely had a good time hanging out! For the 10th, you can count on me and Jason to help out! You know where to find us. ^_^

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to KiriK, >EXO< and everyone responsible for putting on such a great event. It was brilliant to finally put some faces to names and make some new friends. If next year we have the option of having it in spring or fall that would suit me fine as it wouldn't be sandwiched between Anime Expo and SDCC, but as long as it happens I'll be there. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun, where everyone there is so laid back and up for a good time. From the SDF-1 cake to the Karaoke, from the guest speakers to the competitions, it was wonderful! If there's anything I can do to help make 2010's con even better, I'm up for it.

In that case....will take back the thanks. Joking!

No seriously thanks to everyone that helped with the con. Can't wait for the 10th Anniversary MWCon. Already looking forward to seeing everyone we met at MWC09 again and new peoples.

Thanks to everyone who posted pictures and accounts here. I am sad that I couldnt go. I would love to say that I'll be there for the 10th aninversary but for now I will say maybe.

Congrats to all the winners and some awesome customs etc.

Mitch Glad to see you have another 1/55 to custom. Thoses cheapo KO's are not so bad when you add GBP armor to them :)

I assume most guys who attended the con are probably attending Comic Con and haven't been able to post video. Can't wait to see the karaoke footage everyone has been raving about!

I cannot wait for a video either. It seems that this year was a good turn out. I could not make it. :angry: I hope to go for the 10th Anniversary though. I take it you did not attend this year MacrossMan? Will you be going next year. I have seen pics of your collection. You seem to be a "true" Macross fan.

I have taken some of our member photos (including some of mine) and just put them into a MacrossCon09 video on YouTube.

For those who just want more than still photos, here is the link:

MacrossCon FTW ! :lol:

I have taken some of our member photos (including some of mine) and just put them into a MacrossCon09 video on YouTube.

For those who just want more than still photos, here is the link:

MacrossCon FTW ! :lol:

I assume most guys who attended the con are probably attending Comic Con and haven't been able to post video. Can't wait to see the karaoke footage everyone has been raving about!

I think that >EXO< videoed most of if not all of the transforming contest. I think he is planning to post it up somewhere after the comicon madness is over.

ello everybody. This was my first macross themed con and I love it! I can't wait for next year for the big 10th year anniversary. By the way, I'm the dude that won the Karaoke competition. Sorry for the horrifying sight of me dancing to Seikan Hikou, lol.

ello everybody. This was my first macross themed con and I love it! I can't wait for next year for the big 10th year anniversary. By the way, I'm the dude that won the Karaoke competition. Sorry for the horrifying sight of me dancing to Seikan Hikou, lol.

Welcome to the boards! Can't wait to see the footage. I hear you're mad man!