Official MacrossWorld Con 2009 Information Thread

Yes! I need to post up the art contest submission rules! But we'll be having an art contest that EVERYONE on MacrossWorld can participate in. You can submit it to me via email at MWcon09@gmail.com and it will be entered into our art contest on Sunday which will be judged by a select panel of art experts.

Brief rules are:

-Use 8.5" by 11" size canvas so we can print your artwork for display

-Drawn art only (can use any style of color, b&w, or computer generated)

-Macross Themed artwork

Deadline is Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 8pm

That's it! Grand prize for this contest is a 1/8 Ranka Lee Monster Call girl figure donated by www.HobbyLinkJapan.com. Thank you HLJ for sponsoring this event!

I'll post more announcements about this in the Fan Art thread.

Since we are going to print it out to display make sure that that it is scanned or executed at at least 300 dpi or 600 dpi for black and white. The usual web resolution of 72 dpi won't do. Thanks!

I'm planning to bring both of my Turntables to spin my Macross vinyl throughout the day on Saturday. I'm assuming that you will have a PA system like you guys had last year. I own one but It's a few less things I need to carry to the venue under the hot July sun if I don't need to bring one!

You can sample some of my collection here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U5_HWBWriQ

The playlist on the right has some other 45rpms that Macross fans might be interested in.

Looking forward to meeting up, I'v been waiting all year for this!

Leonardo

I'm planning to bring both of my Turntables to spin my Macross vinyl throughout the day on Saturday. I'm assuming that you will have a PA system like you guys had last year. I own one but It's a few less things I need to carry to the venue under the hot July sun if I don't need to bring one!

You can sample some of my collection here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U5_HWBWriQ

The playlist on the right has some other 45rpms that Macross fans might be interested in.

Looking forward to meeting up, I'v been waiting all year for this!

Leonardo

Hi there,

I wont' have quite the same PA system as it's a smaller version and only has 1 mic, but should be loud enough still. It's a Fender P150 plus if you want to check out the specs on it

Hi there,

I wont' have quite the same PA system as it's a smaller version and only has 1 mic, but should be loud enough still. It's a Fender P150 plus if you want to check out the specs on it

Oh Yes, a Passport, I work for Fender in Corona so I'm very familiar with it! ha ha

Sounds great, can't wait!

Cheers!

LF

Don't forget to enter our annual MacrossWorld Convention customs contest! This is our oldest, longest contest at the con where attendees can bring new customs to MW Con and enter them for a chance to win prizes. This contest is sponsored by www.HobbylinkJapan.com, www.over-drive-inc.com, and www.bigbadtoystore.com

Here are the rules for this year's customs contest:

-Can be any original Macross custom toy, model, repaint, or figure

-MUST have been made by yourself to be eligible to win a prize

-Cannot have been entered in previous MW Con customs contests

-Bring your customs contest entry on Sunday, July 19 to be judged

This year's customs contest will be judged by a select panel with scores AND also have a fan vote element that will count towards the final score for each custom.

1st place prize for this year's customs contest is a Yamato 1/60 v2 VF-1J Cannon Fodder. Depending on the number of entries, we will have prizes for 2nd and 3rd place as well TBD.

You guys have less than 7 days to complete your customs for this year! Get to work!

Also! Don't forget to sign up for our 1st ever Macross Karaoke Contest! This is a brand new event that we're hoping to have a LOT of participation in. The contest will be held on Saturday, July 18th at 6pm during MW Con. This event is sponsored by www.Otaku2.com and www.over-drive-inc.com

I will post up a list of Macross Songs that you can chose to perform and you can sign up for the contest the day of the con. We will have all the Macross Karaoke tracks available for you to chose from, and all you have to do is pick one and perform it on Saturday night!

We'll have a practice session Saturday afternoon before the actual event if you want to practice your act, so get your act together and get ready to rock out Macross Karaoke style!

1st place price will be a package of Macross goodies, including a 25th Anniversary Macross Poster, a set of Macross Frontier Gashapons, and more! 2nd and 3rd place prizes TBD based on number of entries.

Guest sh002

does in-person art contest mean people will draw on the spot to compete or people bring in artwork and have to be there to be in the contest?

does in-person art contest mean people will draw on the spot to compete or people bring in artwork and have to be there to be in the contest?

We'll be having both! On Saturday afternoon, we'll have a Live Art contest where people who enter will have about 20 minutes to draw a Macross drawing on the spot. You can also submit your own artwork to be judged in our Sunday Art contest where anyone on the forums can participate as well.

here's the brief rules for the in-person art contest:

In-Person Art contest

Time limit: 20 Minutes

Media: Pencil (Color option) and single 8.5 x 11 paper sheet

Theme:Macross

Contestants: Up to 15.

The number can go up or down, depending on interest level.

This contest is looking to be more of a quick thinking, on-the-spot, sketching kinda of thing. Get the contestants creative juices flowing.

They will have opportunities to practice their skills throughout the convention prior to the official contest

Prizes will be awarded to the top two contenders, based on popular vote/response

It's funny but we have over 100 people registered and that's just from our side, not JAC@UCLA. But the only people posting are the ones that can't make it...

100 is a lot more people than we have had in total attendance and if that doesn't count the people that don't register, which a lot of locals don't... plus the walk ins from the flyers we passed out... plus the UCLA club people... this definitely the biggest MWCon that were gonna have to date.

Great job, Kirik!

Kirik I'm curious if you know the time slot in which you would show my video? Sadly I can't stay for too long at the con and I don't even know if I'm able to come.

I'd like to at least hang around several macross fans if I can.

If you come on either day, we'll have some open time to show your video on our main stage. Check out our schedule a few posts above to see when the big events are and we can play your video in between them. If you bring a copy of it that you can leave with me, we can continue to show it a couple of times even when you're not there.

Hope to see you there

Attention attendees! If anyone would like to bring pieces of their collection to display at MW Con, please feel free to bring your items with on either day. We'll have a special section roped off for people bringing collections to show off. I'll be bringing some items from my collection to create a display. Some things i'm hoping some people can bring are:

-Bandai Chogokin DX Valkyries

-Macross Frontier figures and statues

-Completed Macross model kits

-Anything else Macross related that you want to share!

What I'll bring:

Nothing for customs unless anyone hasn't seen the old 1/55 customs, but I will bring the Macross F Banpresto statues, and the 1/5 scale Minmay, choose Chinese or DYRL dress? As for anything else, I will find other stuff that maybe on the rarer side, if I have anything else.

OK, if my boss will let me take off saturday and sunday (I work every sat&sun) then I will drive down there and go to the con. If I do go to the con I am thinking to bring my two kitbashes (Fraulein Rei X revoltech VF-1S AND VF-1J-gundam-Eva) and maybe bring down the awesome diorama that Ron made. I hope my boss will let me take off! It sounds like this will be a great convention.

Anything anyone of us Macross Fans wants to see... Mospeada.. Orguss... Southern Cross... Madox... Gunhed... Big Ass Optimus Primes!

No Gundams.

LOL exactly, the guys brought some gundam kits to the aussie con (while extremely well done) they brought up gundam in the conversation and i was quick "F***! GunDam!"

lol everyone laughed. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

You should! Ryan will be here too. We plan to hit the clubs on Sat night too. Come join us man.

What? Hell yeah! Is that confirmed? Last I heard he was going to try to hitch out there from CO? I hope he makes it and I hope that I make it too.

If I do come I will also be bringing a friend from Santa Cruz with me who is also a macross fan. I have some macross fan friends in LA who are not members here. Do they need to become members and register in order to come?

Edited by miriya

nope! Just bring them... but they dont get the pre registration goodies, that's all.

I hope we have enough goodies for over 100 people... I think that was a bit unexpected.

We have enough for everyone to at least get 1 cool freebie flier or Macross drink coaster. Depending on the number of people that show up. =]

I got an email asking if it was okay to Cosplay at MW Con. OF COURSE!!! We highly encourage anyone to come dressed in Macross Cosplay and we'll also have a special prize for the best Macross Cosplayer at MW Con 2009.

haha... and you don't have to be ridiculously hot like the in Macross Cosplay thread... although it wouldn't hurt your chances of winning a prize

Anything anyone of us Macross Fans wants to see... Mospeada.. Orguss... Southern Cross... Madox... Gunhed... Big Ass Optimus Primes!

No Gundams.

Madox!? I have really cool Madox piece that I custom built and I want to bring it for display.

I built it almost 20 years ago, it is entirely made out of paper.

And I'll bring my big ass Optimus Prime as well.

I think since so many new people are coming this year, if veteran MW Con attendees want to bring any of their old display items from years ago, (ahem... paper monster!) or anything that is really neat, please feel free to bring and share!

Ill try making little display placards that people can write what their items are for our big display area!

Macross Karaoke Contest Rules:

Time Limit: 5 minutes

Media: Karaoke system, projector

Theme: Macross

Contestants: Cap at 10 (If more, we can adjust for time)

Participants will do rolling sign ups, where they can sign-up for songs throughout the day, and/or request songs to sing. Opportunities for practice throughout the day will be available. Judging will be done by popular vote. List of Karaoke Songs will be posted below AND at the convention. You can sign up the day of the con to participate but feel free to start practicing now! I'm sure you can look up the lyrics to the song, but we'll also have them available at the con too.

Title (Macross Series) Instrumental y or n

Triangler (Frontier) y

Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't be late (Frontier) y

Diamond Crevasse (Frontier) y

Seikan HikoFrontiery

Ai Oboete Imasu Ka (Deculture Edition) (Frontier) y

Lion (Frontier) y

Northern Cross (Frontier) y

Infinity #7 (Frontier) y

Ninjin Loves you yeah! (Frontier) y

Anata no Oto (Frontier) y

Nyan Nyan Special Service Medley (Tokumori) (Frontier) y

Watashi no Kare wa Pilot (Miss Macross 2059) (Frontier) y

SMS Shotai no Uta ~ Ano Musume wa Alien (Frontier)y

Uchuu Kyoudai Fune (Frontier) y

Neko Nikki( Frontier) n

What 'bout my star @ Formo (Frontier) n

Aimo (Frontier) n

Welcome To My FanClyb's Night! (Frontier) n

What 'bout my star (Frontier) n

Aimo O.C. (Frontier) n

Aimo ~ Tori no Hito (Frontier) n

Yousei (Frontier) n

Ao no Ether (Frontier) n

Nyan Nyan Service Medley(Frontier) n

Ai Oboete Imasu Ka (Do You Remember Love?) y

Planet Dance (duet) (Macross 7) n

Sweet Fantasy (Macross 7) n

Remember 16 (Macross 7) n

Totsugeki Love Heart (duet) (Macross 7) n

Love It (Macross 7) n

7th Moon (Macross 7) n

Submarine Street (Macross 7) n

Holy Lonely Light (Macross 7) n

My Friends (Macross 7) n

My Soul For You (acoustic) (Macross 7) n

1-2-3-4-5-6-7 Nights (Macross 7) n

Fall (Macross 7) n

Diamond Calling (Macross 7) n

Reaching For You (Macross 7) n

Power To The Dream (Macross 7) n

Spiral Answer (Macross 7) n

Dakedo Baby (Macross 7) n

Holy Lonely Light (duet) (Macross 7) n

Light The Light (Macross 7) n

Try Again (Macross 7) n

Heart & Soul (Macross 7) n

Flash In The Dark (Macross 7) n

Remember 16 (acoustic) (Macross 7) n

Dynamite Explosion (Macross 7) n

Good-Bye (Macross 7) n

New Frontier (Macross 7) n

Go (Macross 7) n

Rock'n Roll Fire (Macross 7) n

Never Say Die (Macross 7) n

Feel Universe (Macross 7) n

Magic of Love (Macross 7) n

Wild Life (Macross 7) n

Love Song (Macross 7) n

Hello (Macross 7) n

Parade (Macross 7) n

My Soul For You (Macross 7) n

I Call Your Name (Macross 7) n

Angel Voice (Macross 7) n

More songs to be added later!

Edited by KiriK

Bandai 1/55 Transformation Contest Rules:

Number of contestants: 16 Maximum

Contest format: Head to head tournament

Registration: You can sign up for the event at the registration table when you arrive at MW Con

Rules: Contestants will be randomly matched and go head-to-head to transform their 1/55 Bandai chunky monkey as fast and as accurate as possible. Winners will move up in the brackets until 1 champion is declared!

HELP WANTED! I'm actually looking for someone to help bring their 1/55 VF-1A reissue Bandai for use of this contest. I have one personally that i'm donating to use in this contest, but we need at LEAST 1 more and i'd like to keep them the same type if possible. You do you volunteer to allow us to use your bandai, you'll get a free Macross Frontier Towel donated by www.over-drive-inc.com PM me or email me if you can volunteer to bring a 1/55 VF-1A bandai reissue! Thanks