Official MacrossWorld Con 2009 Information Thread

• 1 month later...

FIRST OFF, SORRY FOR THIS LATE REPLY.

WANT TO THANK AND HATS OFF TO THE GUYS WHO PUT THIS UP, KIRIK, EXO, STAFF AND MANY OTHERS.

AND TO ALL WHO ATTENDED AND PARTICIPATED. YOU GUYS ARE ALWAYS AN AWESOME CROWD.

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE SPONSORS AND ANIME CLUB FOR HELPING OUT AS WELL.

I HAD GREAT FUN LOOKING AT ALL THE COOL STUFF AND COLLECTIBLES. AND ALSO TALKING WITH OLD FRIENDS AND NEW.

AND EXO.. FOR SPOTTING WHEN A GUYS IS DOWN.

HEHEHE

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.

THANKS FOR THE PICS

• 3 months later...

HI THERE FELLOW MACROSS FANS.

SINCE I FIGURED ANOTHER GREAT MACROSS CON WILL SHOW IT'S PRESENCE IN 2010, WAS WONDERING IF SOME OF THE CON WORKS CAN ALSO PLAY ITSELF INTO (PLEASE HOLD THE GRUNTS) ANIME EXPO .

OK, I KNOW, ANIME EXPO IN THE PAST HAS REALLY LEFT SOME WONDERING ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION OF ANIME EXPO. I JUST WANT TO CONSIDER THAT SINCE THE ORGANIZERS ARE FRESH BLOOD, SINCE IT'S PAST, THAT MAYBE AND HOPING THAT IN THE 25 ANNIVERSARY OF ROBOTECH, MACROSS WORLD CON ORGANIZERS CAN PUT UP A MACROSS THEME IN ANIME EXPO.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE LOT OF RT FRIENDS AND MACROSS FRIENDS ENJOYING BOTH SIDES IN PRESENTATION.

IF POSSIBLE, WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST A MACROSS FAN PANEL IF POSSIBLE TO HAVE FANS TALK ABOUT THE FANDOM. HECK, EVEN SHARE A MACROSS BOOTH. FOR COSPLAY, FANDOM WORKS HEADQUARTERS AND FANDOM ORGANIZERS. TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE PRESENCE OF MACROSS AND ROBOTECH FANS THAT WILL BE AT ANIME EXPO IN 2010.

I WILL STILL ATTEND MACROS CON IN 2010. JUST A THOUGHT THAT MAYBE SOME OF THE THINGS CAN ALSO BE SHOWN AT AX.

IF THE MW CON ORGANIZERS WISH IT TO BE ALL MACROSS ONLY, COOL BY ME, BUT I THINK MACROSS FANDOM COULD SHOW ITS PRESENCE THERE AND FANS LIKE ME SEE BOTH WORLDS IN ONE PLACE.

Edited by MEMO1DOMINION

OK, I KNOW, ANIME EXPO IN THE PAST HAS REALLY LEFT SOME WONDERING ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION OF ANIME EXPO. I JUST WANT TO CONSIDER THAT SINCE THE ORGANIZERS ARE FRESH BLOOD, SINCE IT'S PAST, THAT MAYBE AND HOPING THAT IN THE 25 ANNIVERSARY OF ROBOTECH, MACROSS MACROSS WORLD CON ORGANIZERS CAN PUT UP A MACROSS THEME IN ANIME EXPO.

So it's really going to be for the benefit of the Robotech 25th Anniversary, isn't it?

Einherjar

So it's really going to be for the benefit of the Robotech 25th Anniversary, isn't it?

ACTUALLY LIKE I SAID.. THE FANDOM ON BOTH SIDES. AS A ROBOTECH AND MACROSS FAN I BEEN TO BOTH SIDES AND ENJOYED FRIENDSHIP FROM BOTH. AND WOULD LIKE FRIENDS COMING FROM OUTSIDE OF CALI TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A MACROSS PRESENCE AT THE SAME TIME.

IT'S UP TO THE ORGANIZERS IF THEY WANT TO EXTEND SOME OF THE CON INTO AX. I WILL STILL BE ATTENDING MACROSS CON REGARDLESS. BUT ITS UP TO MACROSS WORLD ORGANIZERS IF THEY WANT TO OR NOT. AND I AM TALKING ABOUT HAVING BOTH. MACROSS WORLD CON AND A PRESENCE IN AX. ^_^

ADDING:

AX HAS OPENED UP REGISTRATION ALREADY AND HOPE FANS START PLANNING. THE EARLIER THINGS GET IRONED OUT THE EARLIER FANS CAN DECIDE. ESPECIALLY WITH FRONTIER, WONDER IF AX WILL HAVE SOMEONE COME FROM JAPAN.

AND HAD TO SAY WHAT I HAD TO SAY AND I KNOW THE ORGANIZERS WILL DECIDE AS WELL.

BACK TO READING MW EPISODE RECAP OF M7 :ph34r:

Edited by MEMO1DOMINION

I don't know about this idea... It seems very one-sided. I know it's the 25year anniversary of Robotech, but that leaves a big question. Aren't you guys planning anything other than the usual convention tour? The plans of the 2010 convention for MW isn't set, but is usually away from AX, simply to be able to get some of the fans who go to AX and SDCC a chance to go. This seems more of like a small RT convention with Macross fans bringing all their stuff so RT fans can look at it. Then, to only have a Macross panel only, that's quite a retreat from what MWcon has been, especially in the last few years.

It's not that both sides should be able to come together, but in such a one-sided proposal, and the timing of AX, it doesn't seem like a well thought idea. I don't know, that's just my opinion. I'll bring it up to some of the planners, and see what they think. BTW, I know a couple of you guys planning MWcon, but who else is involved?

VFTF1

If you're talking about the MW rewatches M7 together thread that I opened - you are invited to do more than just read. Please watch with us and post your thoughts.

ILL POST OVER THERE. THANKS FOR THE INVITE. I KNOW IT IS NOT ONE SIDED :rolleyes:

JASONC

I don't know about this idea... It seems very one-sided. I know it's the 25year anniversary of Robotech, but that leaves a big question. Aren't you guys planning anything other than the usual convention tour?

CAN YOU LOOK PAST THE HG LICENSING DEBATE FOR A WHILE JASON? EVERYTHING ROBOTECH IS POSTED IN RT.COM YOU WANT TO KNOW, THEN READ BOUT IT THERE

THERE IS NOTHING ONE SIDED IN MY SUGGESTION OF A MACROSS PRESENCE. JUST THE SAME AS WHEN MW FANS INVITE RT FANS TO EVENTS BY POSTING IN RT.COM TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. SAME HERE. POSTING HERE ON AN IDEA. IF IT'S DECIDED THAT MW IS NOT NEEDED IN AX. FINE. NO BIG DEAL, WE MOVE ON AND SEE EVERYONE AT MW CON. NOBODY LOOSES.

The plans of the 2010 convention for MW isn't set, but is usually away from AX, simply to be able to get some of the fans who go to AX and SDCC a chance to go. This seems more of like a small RT convention with Macross fans bringing all their stuff so RT fans can look at it. Then, to only have a Macross panel only, that's quite a retreat from what MWcon has been, especially in the last few years.

NO ONE IS SAYING TO NOT HAVE A MWCON ON IT'S OWN. AND TO MOVE EVERYTHING INTO AX. I SAY STILL HAVE MWCON. BUT IF THE ORGANIZERS WORK IT WELL, MW FANDOM CAN PROMOTE ITSELF AS WELL AT AX. DONT HAVE TO BRING ALL THE DISPLAYS OR TOYS. ONE FAN PANEL, SHOW VIDEO OR HAVE FANS TALKING ABOUT THE FANDOM AND LETTING NEW FANS OF THE SHOW KNOW THAT THERE ARE GATHERINGS OUT THERE. I MEAN, EXPOSURE IS ALSO GOOD. I THERE IS A GUEST SET BY AX TO BE AT AX, THEN TAKE ADVANTAGE AND ASK THE AX CON PERSONNEL TO ASSITS IN SITTING WITH THE FANDOM. I THOUGHT YOU KNEW THAT JASON...

THEN AGAIN, JUST WAIT IT OUT TILL 2010. :blink:

EITHER WAY, I WILL SEE FANS FROM HERE IN BOTH SIDE LIKE ALWAYS. WITH OR WITHOUT A MWCON PRESENCE.

CAN YOU LOOK PAST THE HG LICENSING DEBATE FOR A WHILE JASON? EVERYTHING ROBOTECH IS POSTED IN RT.COM YOU WANT TO KNOW, THEN READ BOUT IT THERE

THERE IS NOTHING ONE SIDED IN MY SUGGESTION OF A MACROSS PRESENCE. JUST THE SAME AS WHEN MW FANS INVITE RT FANS TO EVENTS BY POSTING IN RT.COM TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. SAME HERE. POSTING HERE ON AN IDEA. IF IT'S DECIDED THAT MW IS NOT NEEDED IN AX. FINE. NO BIG DEAL, WE MOVE ON AND SEE EVERYONE AT MW CON. NOBODY LOOSES.

OK, I never said anything about any licensing debate being related to my comments of your proposal, so not really understanding how you took something unrelated into this conversation. If I did want to bring that into it, for whatever reason, it wouldn't have anything to do with something so unrelated.

On your second paragraph, you'll need to be more clear on what exactly you are asking. This is why I asked if you guys were planning anything for AX. If you're asking Macross fans to come to a Robotech gathering, to have fun and all that, that's great. I think you know me enough to know that I'd be there. No problems there. It just comes off very vague, and full of alterior motives the way you explained it the first time. If it was an invite for MW members, perhaps the more prudent way to do it would've been to simply start a new thread inviting people.

With my other comments (again, that don't have any licensing issues involved), I explained that usually it's more difficult to get some of the regular attendees to come to MWcon due to either AX, or more importantly, SDCC. That's why, generally, the schedule has always been set apart from that time.

C'mon Memo...I've known you for a long time, and you likewise. We may have disagreements, but don't go throwing something that has nothing to do with this subject into the equation. If you don't have anything planned, and you're trying to plan something, I'm sure if permitting, a couple MW members will come by. As for a panel, well, for a Robotech event, don't know if there'd be many people interested, but keep me updated on the progress of it, and who knows.

J, ALL COOL AS ALWAYS.

WHEN THE RIGHT TIME COMES WITH WHAT WE WILL BE DOING RELATED TO ROBOTECH, I WILL POST IN AN AX THREAD WHEN SOMEONE STARTS IT. AND WHEN WE HAVE FANDOM DETAILS AS WHAT WE WANT TO DO. HG WILL HAVE THEIR OWN THING AND WE THE RTX FANDOM ARE PLANING SOMETHING ELSE LIKE ALWAYS. HG HAS NOT DISCUSSED MUCH OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND I CANT SPECULATE SOMETHING THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT. SO TO EARLY ON MY PART TO START COMMENTING ON SOMETHING I HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT THEY WILL DO.

DID NOT WANT TO PATRONIZE NAMES BUT...

WE, (YOU, ME, AND PUNKR), TALKED LAST TIME AT AX ABOUT WHAT WE COULD DO TO GET EVERYONE TOGETHER AND HAVE A GOOD TIME AS FANS. I THINK YOU REMEMBER. FANS ARE FLYING IN AND SINCE I GOT TO MEET MACROSS FANS OVER THE YEARS I THINK ADDING SOMETHING TO AX THIS YEAR WOULD BENEFIT THE FANS ON BOTH SIDES. AS FANDOMS. NOT AS HG/BW THING. LAST TIME MW PRESENCE BOTH SIDES WERE AT BOTH PANELS (RT AND MW). HECK, AFTER THE PANEL WE HAD A FUN TIME WATCHING MW FANS SHOWING OFF THEIR WORKS. EXPLAINING MACROSS TO US AND JUST LAUGHING AND HAVING A GOOD TIME.

NOW WHY I POSTED HERE WAS BECAUSE I EXPECTED THIS DEBATE TO START AND WOULD RATHER FLUSH OUT WHATEVER SOMEONE FEELS OUT. DON'T WANT THE AX THREAD TO TURN INTO SOMETHING LIKE THIS. RATHER NOW SINCE THE ORGANIZERS COULD GET A CHANCE TO GET TOGETHER AND SEE IF IT'S POSSIBLE OR NOT TO SHOW WHAT MW IS ABOUT. OR START WORKING ON THEIR FANDOM THINGS.

AS OF NOW I POSTED IN RTX ABOUT GETTING TOGETHER (RT.FANDOM) TO START WORKING ON PLANS FOR AX. FANDOM THINGS. NOW ONCE WE GET A SPECIFIC DATE AND I WONT FORGET ABOUT YOU JASON SINCE WE ALSO TALKED ABOUT THIS, I WILL POST HERE AND DO A PROPER INVITE.

SO FAR I KNOW IT WILL BE AT PHRED'S HOUSE WHICH IS BY WHERE YOU USED TO LIVE IN SANTA MONICA. RTX ORGANIZERS WILL START ON BRAINSTORMING SOME IDEAS TO MAKE THE RT FANDOM MORE ENJOYABLE.

AND THE MORE I KNOW WHAT MW WILL DO AT AX THEN THE MORE I CAN PROMOTE IT WITH THE REST OF THE FANDOM. SO I WONT PLAN A DINNER OR SOMETHING SO WE CAN SHOW OUR SUPPORT AND ATTEND MACROSS PANEL. ONLY PROBLEM I COULD SEE IS IF IT RUNS AT THE SAME TIME AS THE RT PANEL.

AND ALSO, IF MW DECIDES TO MAKE A PRESENCE, IT'S BETTER TO GET IN THE DOOR NOW AND START SECURING TIME SLOTS. AND WITH THE BACKING OF THE ANIME CLUB FROM UCLA TO BACK THEM UP COULD MAKE THINGS EASIER.

JUST RANDOM THOUGHTS.

OK, that sounds a lot better. I'd definitely like for both sides to come together. Seems like a decent idea, but again, it really depends on the itinerary. I'm not the authority here, so I can't say for certain, but I don't think it'd be any MWcon by any means. I was also thinking about the display stuff. That's a very risky thing, having collections at AX. If I was to disply anything, while I trust those that I know, there are so many others I don't, and it'd be a bit of a concern. However, if there's like a table where different people can sit by whatever they display, and have people come to them, that may work. Well, since it's early, it's all just brainstorming, so that's all good. When time comes closer, keep us all in the loop, preferably in a new thread, as this one isn't viewed much.

J

I don't think it'd be any MWcon by any mean

TOTALLY AGREE

If I was to disply anything, while I trust those that I know, there are so many others I don't, and it'd be a bit of a concern. However, if there's like a table where different people can sit by whatever they display, and have people come to them, that may work. Well, since it's early, it's all just brainstorming, so that's all good. When time comes closer, keep us all in the loop, preferably in a new thread, as this one isn't viewed much.

WE WERE THINKING IF WE HAD A DISPLAY, TO SHOW IT IN A ROOM BACK AT THE HOTEL AND JUST SHOW SOME OF THE THINGS AROUND. GET ONE DAY OR TWO. PLUS GAMES.

BUT WILL KEEP YOU IN THE LOOP. WILL PM THE ORGANIZERS ABOUT THIS THREAD. PLUS KNOWING YOU ALREADY PLAY CARDS WITH MOST OF THEM YOU CAN LET THEM KNOW AS WELL.

AND SURE, WILL KEEP YOU IN THE LOOP.

Memo, you never answered my question as to if anyone was doing something for the 25year. I'm not talking about the panel that HG will do. For the launch party, you had a grandiose plan to have some big con or something, and was supposedly working on it. Is that what's going on for AX, or anytime, or is that not gonna happen now? That's what I was inquiring about earlier. I wouldn't expect HG to spend the care, time, and money like what Tom helped bring for Robocon 20. but since that's the case, and since you brought up having MW attend AX, what would they be attending actually. Is it just hanging out, or something that you or anyone else is planning?

J

Memo, you never answered my question as to if anyone was doing something for the 25year. I'm not talking about the panel that HG will do. For the launch party, you had a grandiose plan to have some big con or something, and was supposedly working on it. Is that what's going on for AX, or anytime, or is that not gonna happen now? That's what I was inquiring about earlier. I wouldn't expect HG to spend the care, time, and money like what Tom helped bring for Robocon 20. but since that's the case, and since you brought up having MW attend AX, what would they be attending actually. Is it just hanging out, or something that you or anyone else is planning?

YES, BUT I POSTED IN RTX AND NOW HERE THAT HG STILL WORKING ON THINGS FOR AX. WHAT THEY ARE I DONT KNOW.

BUT IN CASE THERE WAS NOTHING PLANNED, THEN THE IDEA WAS TO RUN A CON IN PASADENA. VERY CHEAP THERE AND AROUND THE SAME TIME AS THE CON. I STILL HAVE A CON ORGANIZER IN CONTACT WHO WORKED ORGANIZING CONVENTIONS IN DOWNTOWN LA CONVENTION CENTER. THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING SEPARATE. THING IS AX CON WAS VERY DEAD AS A WHOLE.

NOW THE PROBLEM IS, IF HG DOES SOMETHING AT AX, THEN MORE FANS WILL ATTEND THAT EVENT. SO NOT ONLY TIMING, WORK, BUT COST HAVE TO BE IN CONSIDERATION. SINCE THE ECONOMY NOT BEEN GOOD TO MANY IT PUTS A SOUR TASTE IN MOST PEOPLE WALLETS.

LETS SAY HG DOES SOMETHING LIKE AX 2005. LOT OF FANS ALREADY TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD GO TO AX IF THAT WERE THE CASE. WHICH PUTS ME IN A BIND TO MAKE SOMETHING ON THE SIDE. AND SEPARATE FROM AX.

AND WOULD THEN MAKE SOMETHING BETTER AT AX THAT FANS COULD ENJOY.

BUT POSSIBLE RT.CON AT PASADENA IS STILL POSSIBLE BUT WILL TAKE A LOT.

I AM NOT ALONE ON THIS. SO I HAVE TO WAIT ON THE RTX MEETING TO COME UP WITH IDEAS AND SOLUTIONS. AND DIFFICULT HURDLES WE WOULD NEED TO FACE.

Edited by MEMO1DOMINION