Official MacrossWorld Con 2009 Information Thread

Wow a free con, that must be awesome to be able to say that. :D Good job Kirik! :)

Seriously Ruskii, you need to get in contact with Anime Societies at Australian universities for the next con. Theres one at every Australian uni I can think of. I used to help run a society at an Australian university and we could book any room on campus that wasn`t in use for free. That included 1000 seat lecture theatres with large projector screens that you could hook up any kind of media to. We booked one of those theatres every Friday night and showed a 6 hour program each time. We even met with the student union and got $3000 to buy videos for a club library.

Edited by MilSpex

Old kit and toys ,where to find . more vintage the better.

Unfortunately, MacrossMan is right. Due to UCLA's policy, we aren't allowed to sell things on campus BUT we are looking into ways to get around this. We may have "Donation" boxes next to some potential vendors where you can donate money, and receive an item for your donation. Still working out the details of this. However, we usually have some vendors attend, but not a huge amount of kits and vintage stuff for sale.

But tons of cool displays for sure!

Unfortunately, MacrossMan is right. Due to UCLA's policy, we aren't allowed to sell things on campus BUT we are looking into ways to get around this. We may have "Donation" boxes next to some potential vendors where you can donate money, and receive an item for your donation. Still working out the details of this. However, we usually have some vendors attend, but not a huge amount of kits and vintage stuff for sale.

But tons of cool displays for sure!

Will there be any raffle tickets to purchase like last year to help support the con for members who are not able to attend or just want a shot at winning something cool?

Surely you guys are going to have some expenses; if not put the funds towards the next con or the guys who helped set it up can treat yourselves to evening out or something as a token of appreciation.

We don't have anything as exclusive as last year's Mikimoto sketch, but we'll have a regular raffle drawing at the Con this year to give out some cool prizes from our sponsors! And thanks MacrossMan for your appreciation of the organizers. All the funds raised are actually used to support the con and future cons. With everyone's support, hopefully we'll be able to keep these cons going and at little or no cost for MW'ers

haha... and i'm hoping to see if we can get some special cosplayers to attend the con this year.

OMG....I just saw this.

I will definitely register soon so I can get some free stuff. But...I am not sure if I can finish my Macross diorama in time. Crap! This is going to be close.

Ron

I mentioned it couple times before at Frank & Sons but I wouldn't mind bringing down my turntables and my Macross/Mospeada/Orguss/Super Sentai vinyl collection to DJ for an hour or two if time permits. I own about 50 related anime LP's and EP's and it would be great to spin a set of Macross songs for everyone.

Let me know,

Cheers!

Leonardo Flores

I mentioned it couple times before at Frank & Sons but I wouldn't mind bringing down my turntables and my Macross/Mospeada/Orguss/Super Sentai vinyl collection to DJ for an hour or two if time permits. I own about 50 related anime LP's and EP's and it would be great to spin a set of Macross songs for everyone.

Let me know,

Cheers!

Leonardo Flores

I think that would be pretty awesome.

So i've got some bad news that's out of my control. Effective July 1st, UCLA is raising their parking rates to $10 per day instead of $9. Sorry folks, so i encourage you guys to possibly meet somewhere and carpool! There are other options for parking too, like parking for free around the UCLA apartments and walking about half a mile, or if you plan on staying for a few hours, you can do metered parking for less than $10.

I'll see if i can post a map soon of the con location and possible parking areas

haha, still better than parking in NY. Does anyone really think $10 is too much for a free con? I'll be coming from the Long Beach area if anyone wants to carpool. People with oversized displays and exhibitions items should contact kirik about unloading areas.

I hope there's a close by loading/unloading area...It would be difficult to carry a diorama across the campus without some sort unfortunate mishap. :wacko:

If I am there on time I will be more than happy to help you carry. I will PM you my cell phone number now....

If I am there on time I will be more than happy to help you carry. I will PM you my cell phone number now....

Got it Miriya. Thanks.

Now I just have to hope it doesn't rain that day.

Man, I wish I could go! I'll still be here across the pond! I'm moving soon so buying a ticket to fly across is out of the question. Can we still register for the free stuff if we pay for shipping ^_^

I'll be in LA around Christmas time if anyone is interested in meeting up. - MT

We're less than 3 weeks away from MW Con 2009!... i'm going to be at Anime Expo this weekend promoting the con if anyone wants to stop by and say hi.. .i'll be at the AnimePunch Booth between rows 500 and 600 in the middle of the hall.

Hope to see some of you there

Well, it's nine dollars to park... or free parking if you can find a street spot and don't mind the walk. But that's UCLA, not the con. Plus this year it's buy your own food. There are several restaurants just outside the rooms, so you can choose what you want to eat... no mandatory Costco pizza!

But...will there be cake? :unsure: