Official MacrossWorld Con 2009 Information Thread

Attention MacrossWorld!!!

We're excited to bring you the first announcement about MacrossWorld Convention 2009! We've been working hard to find a suitable location for this year's con and we're pleased to announce that we will be collaborating with the Japanese Animation Club @ UCLA to host this year's con on the campus of UCLA. As the years have gone by and Macross fandom has increased, the time for MW Con to expand and grow has arrived. Hopefully we will usher in a new generation of Macross fans and continue to keep deculture alive!

As of now, details of the schedule of events have yet to be determined, but we do have information on the location and dates of the con. This year's con will be a 2 day event with LOTS of activities, events, Macross screenings and more!

MacrossWorld Convention 2009 Event Details

Date: Saturday - July 18, 2009
Time: 12pm-9pm
308 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90024

Date: Sunday - July 19, 2009
Time: 9am-6pm
308 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90024

We will post up the tentative schedule of events and any news updates as the con gets closer.

MacrossWorld Con 2009 Registration Info
This will truly be the best MacrossWorld Con ever and the best part of all is that registration is FREE!!! Thanks to our collaboration with the UCLA JAC, there will be no fee to attend this year's con on either dates. However, food will not be provided this year as there is a food court inside Ackerman Union where attendees can purchase their own meal at their leisure.

Additionally, parking at UCLA currently costs $10 per day so if you plan on coming with friends, I suggest you carpool together. If you are familiar with the UCLA campus, you can also find FREE parking near the apartments and walk to Ackerman Union if you don't mind hunting for parking spaces and making the trek through campus.

Although registration is free, please be sure to pre-register in order to receive the following:

1. Custom Printed MacrossWorld Con 2009 Name Badge
2. Free Raffle Ticket to Win Pre-Registration Only Exclusive Prize
3. Macross Goodie Bag

In order to pre-register for the con, please send an email to MWcon09@gmail.com with the following information:

MacrossWorld ScreenName or Desired Badge Name
First and Last Name
City, State

Be sure to include "MW Con Registration" in the title of the email. You can also PM me with the information above, but be sure to include your email address. Attendees can still register onsite at the con but will not recieve a Macross goodie bag. Stay tuned for more updates!

Get ready for MacrossWorld Con 2009!!!! See you next deculture!!!

MWconflyer2009.jpg
Edited by KiriK

We're working on planning events for both Saturday and Sunday... we have the tentative times for Saturday now...

As usual, Sunday will be the main Exhibition Hall day with most of the displays and vendors and such... Saturday will be more of an event day with screenings and tournaments and some displays and even contests at night...

Stay tuned for more updates!!!

As usual, Sunday will be the main Exhibition Hall day with most of the displays and vendors and such... Saturday will be more of an event day with screenings and tournaments and some displays and even contests at night...

Awesome, Bee!!! I hit the floor promoting the MWcon already amongst the people at the party last Saturday, so I assume that there will be some that show from the Robotechies. Can't wait to hear more updates.

Awesome, Bee!!! I hit the floor promoting the MWcon already amongst the people at the party last Saturday, so I assume that there will be some that show from the Robotechies. Can't wait to hear more updates.

With all the Mospeada stuff coming out, there'll be a lot of stuff for the RT clan to check out.

here's a list of close by hotels to UCLA that are walking or busing distance:

http://www.hotels-rates.com/hotels/locatio...ngLogId=1366587

If you'd like to bring display items from your collection, we still definitely have a secure place for them to be displayed... we are working on several different options including barriers and even large display cases....

In any case, I encourage attendees to participate and share their collections as i always bring out items from my own collection too...

With all the Mospeada stuff coming out, there'll be a lot of stuff for the RT clan to check out.

Will pass the good word to the "Robotechies"....lol, what a name.

Look forward to going. :ph34r:

Will pass the good word to the "Robotechies"....lol, what a name.

Look forward to going.

I forgot who it was that coined that term, but it's been around for a long time. I maybe working on a custom to submit. One project idea is a big project and will take a lot of time. The second is a simpler repaint and minor custom work, but will be quite interesting. Perhaps some cels as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey don't forget to send back that Mikimoto sketch for this year's drawing....

;)

Lol come and get it, your ninjas failed already. :lol:

How are youz going to hold the MAF comps?? Sad to say we only got 2 confirmed pilots, so far. : / Possibly 3, but for now it's best out of 5 battles and the grand finale end game after.

You guys ever thought about getting Mari around again??? We really tried to afford the thought contacting her and offer to fly her down, but the cinema cost alone is 2300+ aussie $_$;;

So wish we can see her and hear Mari's song, you guys are extremely lucky!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hmmm, having Mari perform again... sounds like it'd be cool if she was actually proud of playing Minmay, but hasn't she written off Macross and doesn't want to revisit it? It's really unfortunate, cause she coud've always had the alternate life of never making it anywhere, and having to work some half interesting job with absolutely nothing to show for her music talent. Macross did help make her, whether she wants to admit to it or not, but it is what it is. I do like that band that was called Boobytrap. You guys should bring them back again. ;) Oh, I am currently working on stuff for show. Will be fun!!!

Hmmm, having Mari perform again... sounds like it'd be cool if she was actually proud of playing Minmay, but hasn't she written off Macross and doesn't want to revisit it? It's really unfortunate, cause she coud've always had the alternate life of never making it anywhere, and having to work some half interesting job with absolutely nothing to show for her music talent. Macross did help make her, whether she wants to admit to it or not, but it is what it is. I do like that band that was called Boobytrap. You guys should bring them back again. ;) Oh, I am currently working on stuff for show. Will be fun!!!

Yeah i have read she isn't too keen on singing Minmay's songs, sad, but i guess it's all for reasonable reasons. I respect that.

Fans loss that's all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, just gauging interest here from those setting this up and whatnot, but as you see my avatar, my wife did the design, and I was thinking of making t-shirts with this one, and perhaps a Hikaru one. I'm just gauging interest now, and seeing what the general consensus would be for them. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there. Let me know.

Hey, just gauging interest here from those setting this up and whatnot, but as you see my avatar, my wife did the design, and I was thinking of making t-shirts with this one, and perhaps a Hikaru one. I'm just gauging interest now, and seeing what the general consensus would be for them. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there. Let me know.

I would buy an ol sourpuss misa shirt.

This will truly be the best MacrossWorld Con ever

BEEN ATTENDING MW GATHERINGS AND CONS SINCE 2002 ANIME EXPO PANELS..

I THINK THOSE WERE EQUALLY AS BEST AS CAN BE.

AND WILL SURE TO ATTEND THIS ONE AS WELL.

HEHEHE

No, I wouldn't mind Ol' Sourpuss on my chest. That orange-red "rust" color in the background for your avatar would be pretty choice for the t-shirt. Maybe starting a separate topic for this, Jasonc?

I cannot wait. I hope to make it this year. If not...I might just have to send someone in my place.

This is an excellent idea.

I would buy an ol sourpuss misa shirt.

I certainly would buy this one as well.

No, I wouldn't mind Ol' Sourpuss on my chest. That orange-red "rust" color in the background for your avatar would be pretty choice for the t-shirt. Maybe starting a separate topic for this, Jasonc?

I do concur with the color idea there mechatek. Good idea.

BEEN ATTENDING MW GATHERINGS AND CONS SINCE 2002 ANIME EXPO PANELS..

I THINK THOSE WERE EQUALLY AS BEST AS CAN BE.

AND WILL SURE TO ATTEND THIS ONE AS WELL.

HEHEHE

MEMO!!! Is that you mate! It's got to be. Your avatar is cookin!

Edited by macross1979

Since there's no food provided, I think we should have MEMO grill for us as his avatar suggest he's a good griller!

Anyways, its nice to have a different scenary than the previous years. Looking forward to meet up some old Macross fans again! Last year, Tomy Yune joined us for dinner at Denny's. Thanks to.....oh, I forgot this name. He personally knows Tommy Y! That was a kool experience.

Edited by Agent-GHQ

Since it's at Ackerman Union, there's plenty of eats there, as well as various styles of eats. I like how this year will seem structured like the last several cons we've had before. This makes it feel like a con, and something big.

Since there's no food provided, I think we should have MEMO grill for us as his avatar suggest he's a good griller!

Anyways, its nice to have a different scenary than the previous years. Looking forward to meet up some old Macross fans again! Last year, Tomy Yune joined us for dinner at Denny's. Thanks to.....oh, I forgot this name. He personally knows Tommy Y! That was a kool experience.

Actually I beleive it's Memo or ever Aaron (MechTek)(spelling) that knows Tommy.

Any updates for the Sourpuss tees, Jasonc?

I'm getting pricing on these, and trying to find something that is good quality, and won't be too pricey. The problem is that the graphic has about 7 different colors, so I'm seeing what method is best vs. cost effective. Any feedback from those who have any ideas would be awesome.