Any Valk pilots left-handed?

sidearmsalpha

Being a lefty, I was curious if any of the characters fired their gunpods with the left hand? Maybe, it didn't matter and all pilots were trained to fire it with the right hand, or the controls were configured for lefties, but the Battroid still fired the gunpod with its right hand? I'm gonna look out for this when I watch the series and movie this weekend, if I get a chance.

Hmmm....good question Flanders. :p

Well since the controls of a Valkyrie are suppose to be very similar to standard controls for a fighter, I guess the easiest way to figure it out would be to ask some of the pilots and aircraft experts around here about whether or not southpaws currently have a hard time with the standards flight control set-up. As or the gunpod, I'd imagine it's usually fired right handed by the battroid, but could probably be fired lefty is the right arm was severed.

I don't recall ever seeing any left handed characters in Macross, but then again, I've never really looked for it.

I think no matter what hand a person uses the battroid would keep the gun in its right hand by default. I feel more comfortable holding a gun controller in my left hand, but in video games I'm use to seeing the gun over on the right hand side.

As a left hander, I can tell you that I can adjust to anything that's meant for a rightie. After getting tired of replacing the mouse on the left side on my PC after my bros and sister borrow it, I'm now right handed with the PC. So on paper I draw with my left and on screen I draw with my right hand, unless I'm using a drawing pad, which I almost never do. Most scissors are made for right handed use, unless you go to Ned's store like Tom suggested. That's where I got my left handed pencil, my left handed baseball bat, a set of left handed keys for my car...

:p

some fighters have reversable control systems so that lefties can switch their control stick to the other side (I said some, the F-16 is not one of them)

The use of the sidestick does not seem to interfere with left handed pilots though.

I don't think you would see left handedness be a factor for piloting a Valkrie, I think that most of the movements would be controlled by the computer (except for the macro stuff like aiming a gun ect) , so the fighter would automatically carry the gun on the right hand.

What plane has reversable controls? Last I checked all fighters are laid out the same, throttle on the left (thinking hand), stick in the mid or right side (action hand). I have never known any southpaw pilot to have that much difficulty using the right handed control scheme. However, when flying a plane like a Cessna right handed people, like me, have a hard time transitioning to having the throttle on the right. It is something you get past though, and after a few flights are fine with it. I've actually known a few southpaws who had the same problem I did transitioning to the Cessna, it's just a backwards scheme to waht you are used to.

Being a lefty, I was curious if any of the characters fired their gunpods with the left hand? Maybe, it didn't matter and all pilots were trained to fire it with the right hand, or the controls were configured for lefties, but the Battroid still fired the gunpod with its right hand? I'm gonna look out for this when I watch the series and movie this weekend, if I get a chance.

The Gun Pod is a BULLPUP !!! :lol:

(case ejection port goes behind the trigger)

So, Battroid must fire the gunpod with is right hand :p