Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

I'm SO gonna end up caving in and buying this.....then kick myself ten times over when they release the TV one in 6 months....then buy that one.....I CURSE the day I found this website AND heard the word Yamato :lol:

and did anyone else just fall in love with the way they used like 7 VF-1J's in different stages of transformation??!! That's badass!!!

Badass is an understatement. It took me a bit to get over it to notice the SDF-1.

OMFG!!!! Y210.000!!!! this is insane!!!!!

Source

Yep that is the price. That is what I was told while visiting the their office then they said "Hey you want to transform it.", even though I was poo scared of breaking it there was no way I would have said no. The designer assisted me with the transformation, thank god. The thing is heavy and it technically isn't a Toy it is more of an advanced model kit made of a plastic like compound used for automobiles similar to ABS but it should not break like ABS does. Obviously a limited run in the 100 or less range produced depending on actual orders.

That's all I can say for now, I'll chime in with more when more official information is out.

Edited by Save

$2000+ is a price I'd associate more with the top end statues for franchises like Star Wars rather then Macross. Still I'm sure it will sell to serious collectors (with equally serious disposable income) but at this price it's way out of my range.

wow, that's like ∞ number of Big Macs!!! :lol:

guess i won't be getting one now, LOL!

i think the 12 in the title might mean the date, as in December... release date???

EDIT - now everybody should have a chance to rant and then we can perhaps close this thread, yes? :p

Edited by m0n5t3r

$2000?

I was on board at 300-$400, but.

Geez

So much for this becoming reality in my household!

+1 here. That is just ridiculous. I hope that price is wrong. There is no way that transformation is that difficult when compared to a YF-21 for $200. Yamato is nuts.

+1 here. That is just ridiculous. I hope that price is wrong. There is no way that transformation is that difficult when compared to a YF-21 for $200. Yamato is nuts.

Of course, a lot and I mean A LOT, BIG PILE of money but the level of transformation isnt an issue, according to save it is a limited run of 100 or less.

Edited by DarkEyes

1/2000 完全変形 SDF-1 マクロス プロトタイプモデルキット(H.D.R仕様)

2009年12月 出荷予定

予価  210,000円(税込) (本体価格:200,000 円) ■材質:PU、亜鉛合金、他

■商品サイズ:要塞艦時/全長約64cm

■パッケージサイズ::高さ20cm×横76cm×幅30cm

■付属品:組立説明書/変形説明書/組み立て用ビス

6CE54545-9AF6-4D41-A75A-34356121F8F.jpg

F7EB34E1-E433-48B8-B787-6C608F77695.jpg

1AC6377A-96AC-457F-AE65-F3EE830EC82.jpg

28DEA7AD-032E-429A-860C-4BC53301F9A.jpg

31E550D6-FE3F-4176-87E7-110CAC6CB62.jpg

402424EB-F252-4FC8-BBC3-F7F0A554759.jpg

edit: the pics look real enough, but I am unsure about the other info... The price is too high, and release date seems to be far earlier than announced before.

Edited by ff95gj

Another exclusive <_<

U$S2.000, add the service fee on top of that to get this ultra exclusive => pass.

I won't even get mad. It's really funny, I won't think about shipping and custom taxes (%50 in my country)

1/2000 完全変形 SDF-1 マクロス プロトタイプモデルキット(H.D.R仕様)

2009年12月 出荷予定

予価  210,000円(税込) (本体価格:200,000 円) ■材質:PU、亜鉛合金、他

■商品サイズ:要塞艦時/全長約64cm

■パッケージサイズ::高さ20cm×横76cm×幅30cm

■付属品:組立説明書/変形説明書/組み立て用ビス

edit: the pics look real enough, but I am unsure about the other info... The price is too high, and release date seems to be far earlier than announced before.

if i'm interpreting the text correctly, this is a colored Polyurethane Resin Prototype (model kit), thus the ridiculous 210k, 200k yen price tag. no need to panic, if i read it right. :)

edited for missing words

Edited by UN_MARINE

I was on board at 300-$400, but.

Geez

So much for this becoming reality in my household!

It will cost that much just to buy the Yamato Webshop Exclusive 1/2000 SDF-1 replacement sholders...

Someone had to say it.

I wonder how much they will charge for the event exclusive wearthering version...?

so wait let me get this right.. its not a toy but a resin? and the price tag is 2k? WTF??!!! Where's Maverick.. i'll pay him that amount and he can build one 3-4x the size of that.

It's not that kind of clubM, Yellow Submarine hobby kit "resin" you are only seeing the end of the name of the material used. It is basically hybrid plastic but in industrial terms it is called Polyurethane Resin.

Edited by Save

so wait let me get this right.. its not a toy but a resin? and the price tag is 2k? WTF??!!! Where's Maverick.. i'll pay him that amount and he can build one 3-4x the size of that.

Yes, it's a model kit. Not a standard garage resin kit though. Uses a different kind of resin material. According to Yamato, easier to build than the usual resin kit but a bit more difficult than a regular styrene kit.

Now, Yamato is calling this a "Prototype Model Kit". According to the text, a model kit based on the prototype they've been working on. Basically they're taking the prototype they've had and releasing a kit version of it.

There's still an opening for the completed toy version.

So if its 210,000 yen for an "advanced resin kit", wouldn't the price increase if they produce a completed version? I dont know if mass-production would actually decrease the price in this case.

not exactly. it's pretty much an industrial grade resin kit of their prototype. the material they're using for it & the "early prototype design" is what makes it so expensive.

i'm pretty sure they won't use the same material for mass-production & we'll see a significant difference in price.

i guess they just want to make the prototype design available, even if it's extremely limited.