Will the 1/48 be hard to pose...

MicronianDevil

Today as I tried to pose my 1/60 Hikaru, Max, and Millia Supers, I found out they are a pain to pose with the FPs on. (To say the least.) Even when I do get them to stand straight, when someone just barely bumps into my display case, my Supers fall down.

Now I wonder if the 1/48 with the FP equipped will face the same problems. Anyone know what the word is on this issue? :blink:

Edited by MicronianDevil

The 1/48 Super shouldn't have any limitations.  On the 1/48, the rotation point is on the Valkyrie's knee, which is unencumbered by the leg armor.  However, on the 1/60, the rotation point is on the upper shin (which *is* line art accurate), which is locked into place by the leg armor.

The rotation at the shin is not necessarily lineart accurate. There is one picture drawn by Kawamori that has a curly arrow around this area, but nowhere does it indicate the leg actually rotates here. There's even a little bit of writing by the arrow in the drawing. Someone should translate it and put an end to this.

The reason it is likely not accurate is due the hell that rotation point would play on the landing gear in battroid mode. Not to mention it becomes useless once leg armor is attached.

The 1/48 is much more stable than the 1/60, so I don't anticipate any problems.

Don't be so pessimistic....lighten up and think happy thoughts :D

Graham

if we think happy thoughts can we make it fly?

The 1/48 should be as rock-solid with the armor on as it is without it. And oh so sweet. My only 1/48 valk will be in fighter mode though.