Megaro Combat Decals + other pin up art

Fat_Bot

Hi

I am after some genuine 80's anime pin up art to personalise various kits,

and was wondering if anyone has some better scans of the Megaro Combat decal sheet, that Imai produced for its Megaro Zamac range ?

This is the sheet, which you would have to be pretty lucky to find these days

MegaroCombat.jpg

Ive also found this pin up art scan on a Macross Frontier image dump, I was thinking of using.

Minmays in there of course, and its the same pose used in one of the bandai 1/55th sticker sheets, does anyone know where the rest are from ? are they Macross or something else ? any help welcome !

imgedumpedit.jpg

I checked out YahooJP for them for you, but didn't see any. The Megaro Zamac kits were going for pretty solid prices, though.

Those decals really do rock. Imai had some nice ideas!

For the Macross pin ups, top 3 are for...

-Spartan Destroid personal markings with squadron and name ranks. (like sylvester stalion :blink: , Afred Watkins..etc)

-Armored Valkyrie personal markings with squadron and name ranks.

-Monster personal markings with squadron and name ranks.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated ! Good to know that the 2nd sheet are from Macross.

I've had a look at the starship modeller set, and they look do like excellent value, I will probably get some soon.

But (without wanting to sound too picky) the anime ones do look a bit modern, and I really prefer that 80's anime style.

Ive got the Megaro Zamac Harrier, which has some nice pin up art, the decals that come with are really tiny, but ive scanned the box art to use. Ive also found slightly larger scans of a few of the megarocombat ones. I'll post them up when I get a chance.

I can never find anyone on Yahoo Japan auctions that is willing to ship outside of Japan. I also have to register my old japanese address. Does anyone else have the same problems?

Go here

http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/0-category.html

Use the following key words to search in

マクロス : Macross

ステッカー : Sticker

シール : Seal

デカール : Decal

You might find something interesting.

Good luck hunting. :ph34r:

I can never find anyone on Yahoo Japan auctions that is willing to ship outside of Japan. I also have to register my old japanese address. Does anyone else have the same problems?

I've been using this service for a while now.

crescent

They chatge you some fees and shipping (both domestic - ship to them- and international ship to you) So, Only use it when you think it's worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Macross World scores again !

Thanks to the help in this thread , what was posted in the Tomahawk Pin up thread, and a bit of luck I was able to pick up the Macross Model Hobby Handbook off ebay.

Its a great book, and has an additional 9 pieces of pin up art that I didnt have.

I think they are different to the Megaro Combat ones, but i have more than enough to be getting on with now.

The book has a lot of crazy conversions is as well, these days people seem more focused on accuracy, but i guess back then kits were cheap and in plentiful supply.

Macross World scores again !

Thanks to the help in this thread , what was posted in the Tomahawk Pin up thread, and a bit of luck I was able to pick up the Macross Model Hobby Handbook off ebay.

Its a great book, and has an additional 9 pieces of pin up art that I didnt have.

I think they are different to the Megaro Combat ones, but i have more than enough to be getting on with now.

The book has a lot of crazy conversions is as well, these days people seem more focused on accuracy, but i guess back then kits were cheap and in plentiful supply.

Cool news. Did you win that last week, i tried getting MMHH and volume 2 but lost.

Cool news. Did you win that last week, i tried getting MMHH and volume 2 but lost.

Hey Rogue (or is it Friday?)

Yep, that was probably me then ! The seller also had some 1/144 Takatoku destroids too, but I got out bid on those.

I will hopefully get the rest of the pin up art scanned tonight, scanning is such a pain i've been putting it off.

I can't read it, but I figured that was all the "history" of the destroid development. It all looked cool then (like a lot of stuff in the 80's), now I see it I see all the QUICK work that went into throwing some of the models together ^_^. It's all cool none the less! - MT

Ok here are the remaining ones from the book, the scans arent very good as I'm rubbish at scanning !

but i just found the moire removing option, so will try them again with that

Defender

Defender2.jpg

Phalanx

Phalanx2.jpg

Tomahawk

Tomahawk2.jpg

Hope you got to see the Defender art work before photobucket decided it was too extreme.

I will have to find somewhere better to put it.

strange they should only take down one of them.

• 9 years later...
  • 10 months later...
On 5/11/2019 at 2:14 AM, Bolt said:

Just thought I’d ask..as these are hard to come by..is anyone able to print water slides of these in 1/72 or other scales?

:5:

You can buy white or clear decal paper and print them on an inkjet printer. You just have to clearcoat them and then cut them out, as the carrier film is all over the backing paper. Only thing with it is that if you're printing on clear paper, "white" comes out as transparent (unless you have a printer that can actually print white ink such as ALPS), so you would have to either print that on white decal paper and have another color over it for contrast,  put plain white decal film just underneath it, or place the decal over a white surface/ paint white on the model where you need it before putting the decal down.

• 1 year later...