Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

still doesn't look like the proper size for a 1/60 my yammie 1/60 19 and 1 are larger/same size. and even my chunk monkey is is bigger.

Actually, at 1/60, the 18.72m long VF-25 would be 31.2 cm long in fighter mode-- which is almost exactly a match for the DX toy--- it is the YF-19 that is the wrong size ^_^. I think Graham calculated it at 1/55 or 1/58 in the Ver.2 of this thread.

There's nothing wrong with the size... the proportions, on the other hand... :unsure:

Edited by edwin3060

Hehe yep--- the Pro-modellers weathering wash is so easy to use that I just couldn't resist--- just brush on and wipe off and voila! Panel lined to perfection.

Thanks for the tip on the promodellers wash. Just ordered some. Based on their videos it looks so easy to use. Can't wait to test it out.

Thanks for the tip on the promodellers wash. Just ordered some. Based on their videos it looks so easy to use. Can't wait to test it out.

No problem! I hope you have no problems with it... and if you do, just clean the surface of your toy a little with alcohol swaps or something to get rid of the finger oils and you should be fine!

DX超合金 Armored VF-25S to be sold as bundled set.

25sap.jpg

Info:

DX超合金 VF-25S アーマードメサイアバルキリー(オズマ・リー機)

・バンダイ商品

・マクロスFより

・DX超合金シリーズ

・彩色済みリアルフィギュア

・全高約23cm

・超ボリューム!

待望のアーマードオズマ機が遂に出撃!

6月下旬入荷予定

ご予約になります

通常価格18,900円(税込み)

Translation:

DX Chogokin VF-25S Armored Messiah (Ozma Lee Custom)

- Bandai Product

- Macross Series

- DX Chogokin Series

- Fully colored

- Total height: 23cm

- Long awaited armor pack finally being released!

- Late June release

- ¥18,900 (including tax)

Edited by IXTL

DX超合金 Armored VF-25S to be sold as bundled set.

25sap.jpg

Info:

- 23cm in height

- Late June release

- ¥18,900 (including tax)

Hells to the motherf'n ya!!!!! Roughly $190+ usd

whew, I almost impulsed bought the standalone. Guess that cash will go to the vf-1d now.

*I hope it's true!

Edited by Negotiator

Bundle? Good thing I passed on the DX Ozma and went for the 1/72 model kit version of the VF-25S.

But if they release a stand alone DX Super Armor for Alto I'll just get that and skip the Ozma bundle.

Soooo, can you remove the armor or is it permanently grafted on?

If it's bundled I think it's the latter. But yeah, gonna get me one of that.

Still have my 1/72 for bare mode after all.

In the center of the "poster", the "POINTS" are

- 3-mode perfect transformation

- Armor equip/unequipable

- New detail design

I am wondering:

- whether the "new detail design" includes the neck?

- whether the upcoming VF-25S DX super part fits for it if they have a "new detail design"? I guess so, but it's just a guess..

Edited by ff95gj

In the center of the "poster", the "POINTS" are

- 3-mode perfect transformation

- Armor equip/unequipable

- New detail design

I am wondering:

- whether the "new detail design" includes the neck?

- whether the upcoming VF-25S DX super part fits for it if they have a "new detail design"? I guess so, but it's just a guess..

The ultimate douchebaggery would be for this "new detail design" to mean that the Armor will only fit a retooled DX mold... :p

Detail design probably means the attachment points are changed between super and armored so you can't switch those around.

I am worried... To get a Super S, get the old S. To get an Armored S, get the new S.

Won't be surprised if Bandai actually pull this off...

ARMORED VF-25!!!! YES!!!

Now I am wondering if I should cancel my Luca order to get this instead?!?!?! I cant afford both. Damn. I hope the final sculpt looks good.

You've still got another few months after luca comes out for the armored 25 to be released. If you can save up enough in those months then keep the luca order. Otherwise, I guess it's up to you which you want more.

I hope some actual pics of the armored 25 become available soon. It might make it easier for people to decide.

Detail design probably means the attachment points are changed between super and armored so you can't switch those around.

That would totally suck! On the other hand, maybe that means we will get a better sculpt and longer neck+no more bendy lasers, which would rule, which would cancel out the suck. Hmmm. I guess I'll have to wait for more details to come out before I can see whether my decision to buy Super pack Ozma was a mistake :angry:

Maybe the reason they released the DX Alto and Ozma Super packs as web exclusives and not bundled is because the current design can only accomodate Super packs and the new sculpt can accomodate both Super and Armoured parts?

Hmm.. late June eh? Count me in! Although this probably means that Alto Armoured will come out then as well, which means that the DX VF-27 (if it ever comes) is now pushed to September at the earliest.

Edited by edwin3060

...I'm glad I waited.

++

Yep-- its actually only slightly more expensive than a 1/60 VF-11B.

Actually slightly cheaper. Before tax, the price for the DX with Full Armour is 18000 yen, v.s. 18800 yen for VF-11B.

Hopefully, we'll get a new head sculpt and a redesigned neck that can extend more.

The present neck isn't too bad, if you know the correct transformation method (which some people still don't), but of course with the armor fitted a longer neck will look much better.

Graham

I am happy to see the words "new" and "design" together. I will get this if indeed it isn't just a turtle with a shell.

Pete

Someone in 'Toysdaily' mention about the hatch from the 'landing' feet will be different... I don't know where he get this info from. I think he means the landing gears.

And I can only guess Bandai will change the wheels/landing gears with better details - that is one of the easiest thing they can improve the VF25.