Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

OverDrive just sent me a shipping confirmation for Alto's Super Packs.

Now. The real question is when will they start taking pre-orders for the revised VF-25F's.

No question about it, Bandai is totally milking the franchise. After all, they have seen what the 'going rate' is for Macross collectibles... the rest is up to us. Tough choices to be made, but a choice nonetheless.

Milk away, please.

If they release the cannon fodder tan VF-25 DX, I'd definitely buy one.

Graham

Do we have 2 different shades of blue on the VF-25G too ??

seems like my dealer has this issue on its stocks .... :blink:

I dunno about the rest of you but the color variation on my VF-25G is very minimal and is hardly noticeable even in a brightly lit room... Pics from a high res camera make the colors seems very different but when you actually hold the toy in person it is barely noticeable... At least that's my perspective.

Guest sh002

just received my super parts from overdrive. they package is a plain brown box around the size of the other boxes and it has japanese writing on the front.

I like how Bandai gift wrapped the Super Packs.

Unfortunately there's no VF-25F to place them on. ^_^

The tampo printing is perfect, there are no paint smudges or missed areas.

post-31-1239070855_thumb.jpg

post-31-1239070865_thumb.jpg

post-31-1239070879_thumb.jpg

post-31-1239070889_thumb.jpg

post-31-1239070902_thumb.jpg

i don't mind the wrong colour on Ozma fast pack as long as I can have one. It'll still look great when you place all of the valks together. And if you compare the same area on Micheal's fast pack, the blue is also on the inside, white on the outside. To me, this mistake is too minor compared to broken shoulder and such.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: looks like ozuma is scared

I like how Bandai gift wrapped the Super Packs.

Unfortunately there's no VF-25F to place them on. ^_^

The tampo printing is perfect, there are no paint smudges or missed areas.

Same here... I have the Super Packs but no 25F or 25S to put it on.

Waiting for 25F re-issue this month... And 25S Armored in June (that means early July, the shopkeeper said).

Won't have the full team for a whole season! :blink:

I was in between getting Alto's FPs or not for my VF-25F. Decided in the end to hold out for a possible pack-in with Alto's (maybe a movie edition?)

While I like the look of the FP-ed Alto, i can't really justify the price I'll end up paying for the super packs, what with it being an exclusive and all.

Since I quite like the look of a bare VF-25, I'll prob keep my Alto unadorned, and hope for a retail Super VF-25F in the future! :)

I was in between getting Alto's FPs or not for my VF-25F. Decided in the end to hold out for a possible pack-in with Alto's (maybe a movie edition?)

While I like the look of the FP-ed Alto, i can't really justify the price I'll end up paying for the super packs, what with it being an exclusive and all.

Since I quite like the look of a bare VF-25, I'll prob keep my Alto unadorned, and hope for a retail Super VF-25F in the future! :)

Same here ^_^

I didn't get Ozma, and I'm glad I didn't. Will get the armored set with (hopfully) improved neck.

Just waiting for the post office to open at 1 so I can get my RVF-25 and VF-25G. I can't wait to liberate them from their styrofoam coffins and determine just how much they suck and/or rule.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Just got my Super parts, Michael, Luca box. After a dinner party tonight I'll start taking pictures. I did take Luca out and looked at him under normal day light conditions and couldn't see a color issue. We'll see how well he holds up under the bright lights of my photo set-up! Alto's parts go first though.

I couldn't tell a color difference, and my eyes are usually pretty picky. But then, I didn't spend much time looking either.

I like the DX valks a lot, I just don't like the extremely fiddly transformations and the lack of locking in the different modes, battroid especially. The terrible instructions (at least illustration wise) are probably a major part of that. Posability is nice, the joints are nice and stiff and hold poses well. Parts like to pop off, but at least they don't seem to want to break. Paint chips and scuffs and scrapes abound, even on factory fresh examples, somewhat disappointing. The super-packs are well made and look sweet on the figures.

I think my biggest complaint would be the extremely fiddly transformation and the lack of decent illustrations for the instructions. Biggest frustration area are the "five hole blocks" when trying to get it back in to fighter mode.

Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong?

Vostok 7

I like the DX valks a lot, I just don't like the extremely fiddly transformations and the lack of locking in the different modes, battroid especially. The terrible instructions (at least illustration wise) are probably a major part of that. Posability is nice, the joints are nice and stiff and hold poses well. Parts like to pop off, but at least they don't seem to want to break. Paint chips and scuffs and scrapes abound, even on factory fresh examples, somewhat disappointing. The super-packs are well made and look sweet on the figures.

I think my biggest complaint would be the extremely fiddly transformation and the lack of decent illustrations for the instructions. Biggest frustration area are the "five hole blocks" when trying to get it back in to fighter mode.

Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong?

Vostok 7

I don't find the transformation fiddly at all. In fact I find it very quick and intuitive. Not as simple as a VF-1, but certainly far easier and less fiddly than say the YF-21 or SV-51.

Mind you, I had previous experience transforming the VF-25 model kits, before I got the DX, so was already familiar with the basic transformation and found that I didn't need to take more than a cursory glance at the DX instruction sheet before transforming the toys.

Graham

I don't find the transformation fiddly at all. In fact I find it very quick and intuitive. Not as simple as a VF-1, but certainly far easier and less fiddly than say the YF-21 or SV-51.

Mind you, I had previous experience transforming the VF-25 model kits, before I got the DX, so was already familiar with the basic transformation and found that I didn't need to take more than a cursory glance at the DX instruction sheet before transforming the toys.

Graham

Actually, I tend to find the SV-51 easier, I don't know why. The VF-25 and SV-51 are remarkably similar, though.

I've done it a couple times and it has gotten easier, especially after I watched one of the transformation videos. But the whole upper torso still messes me up, I can never seem to get it quite right.

Vostok 7