Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

I'm not the biggest fan of the DX VF-25, but I gotta agree that a few incidents of broken screws, and a single broken leg, are nothing to get in a panic about. I'd give it some time to see if it's more widespread than a few isolated incidents. There's no way to guarantee 100% flawless production runs.

Does anybody know when the Ghost and weapons set for Luca will be released ? Is in March just like the RVF-25 or later ?

No idea-- the web orders aren't even open yet! As a guess, I'd say web orders will open in March/April and release in June, if the VF-25F/S super parts are anything to go by (Dec toy, Jan web order and March release).

confirm it.

From Soul website

http://www.tamashii.jp/staff_diary/diary.p...18&level=01

After RVF-25 and VF-25G, it is armored VF-25S, but not sure bundle or part only

the background of "and NEXT"

post-5527-1235506708_thumb.jpg

I hope both! As in, a bundle for those who want it, and just the parts for those who already got a DX toy. Like how they handled the Super parts release for the 1/72 model kits.

i hope both too unless there's some retooling to hold the armor in place.

the 25s is still in stock at a couple places so not so much a seller as the 25f.

that also means a lot of people passed on it this round. i have to pass on the

superpacks myself because seperately its just too expensive for what you get.

bundles like mik and luca are the better deal and hopefully those sales are good

to show them we want ozma bundled or both, but definately not just an overpriced

special order for parts.

Edited by Negotiator

Just wondering how everyone is planning on displaying their DX toys?

For me, it will probably be like this: -

RVF-25 - Fighter mode all the time on display stand, without Super Packs. Looks better without the Super Packs IMO.

VF-25G - In Battroid mode all the time, in aiming pose, probably with Super Packs.

VF-25F - Will probably switch display periodically between Battroid and Fighter modes, most likely with Super packs.

VF-25S - Will probably display this without the super Packs (waiting for the Armored Pack) and will switch between Fighter and Gerwalk modes.

Graham

Just wondering how everyone is planning on displaying their DX toys?

Graham

rfv-25 - 1/72 with superpack in fighter mode

vf-25g - with and without packs and alt between fighter and battroid.

vf-25f - when the 25g doesn't have packs on. I'll put it on this one and alt between

the 2 modes.

vf-25s - don't have it. should I get it now??? or wait??? I want armor for it and will probably

give in to seperate packs if thats the only way to get them. I wish they would just say.

I hope the "Next" is a VF-25S Full Armor set. That's what I'm really waiting for. I know I'll eventually get the Alto or Ozma, but holding out for the Full Armor.

confirm it.

From Soul website

http://www.tamashii.jp/staff_diary/diary.p...18&level=01

After RVF-25 and VF-25G, it is armored VF-25S, but not sure bundle or part only

the background of "and NEXT"

post-5527-1235506708_thumb.jpg

i would only get it bundled if it came with an updated vf-25s. otherwise i'd prefer if they sold it separately to save me some money. i'll be fine with how the vf-25s is.

Bandai is a real pain in the ass.

According to this HK toy blog:

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/article?mid=21070

The DX VF-25G will come with a coupon, with that you can order the speaker+fold booster+ranker pack at a discounted 4200 yen. Without the coupon, the web store price is 5250 yen.

Same deal with the RVF-25 and the ghost+missile pack.

At least it is still possible to get the packs without coupons--- so Overdrive can come through for us in this area like they did with the Super packs.

As for me,

VF-25F: Battroid mode, Super packs

VF-25S: Gerwalk, Armour pack (when released)

VF-25G: Gerwalk, Gallia IV set (when released) w/ Banpresto Klan beside it, hopefully able to rig an attachment to the super packs.

RVF-25: Fighter, Super packs, w/3 Ghosts. (When released)

I'm not the biggest fan of the DX VF-25, but I gotta agree that a few incidents of broken screws, and a single broken leg, are nothing to get in a panic about. I'd give it some time to see if it's more widespread than a few isolated incidents. There's no way to guarantee 100% flawless production runs.

Quite right, but the shoulder screw problem does appear to have been widespread, at least in the initially manufactured Valks. Despite treating my VF-25S very carefully, that screw broke during the first transformation out of the box. Fortunately for me, I bought the Valk from BBTS, which cheerfully agreed to send me a replacement. Serves me right for complaining before about being "Yamatoed" -- now I got "Bandaied!" ;)

Best,

--MyClone

That problem wasn't even announced for a month after release, and it wasn't widespread. Yes it is a problem, and no it shouldn't happen, but it is not widespread.

You may be correct; I could simply have been unlucky. OTOH, given that the reports have indicated the screw problems occurred in the early production run, I received a Valk from that run, and it was broken in the manner described in the reports, it's also possible the problem was widespread in that run. But perhaps I should not have generalized from my anecdotal experience. Guess I was still sore about it. :(

Best,

--MyClone

You may be correct; I could simply have been unlucky. OTOH, given that the reports have indicated the screw problems occurred in the early production run, I received a Valk from that run, and it was broken in the manner described in the reports, it's also possible the problem was widespread in that run. But perhaps I should not have generalized from my anecdotal experience. Guess I was still sore about it

Hey man if it happened to me, I'd be extremely irritated too, I've had broken collector's item toys, and it is not a good feeling. I've read the threads here, overseas, and elsewhere, and the screw problem is not widespread. It took a while before the problem showed up and even then it happened to possibly, little more than a handful of people. It really shouldn't happen and I hope reducing the tension on the left shoulder ball joint is done at the factory on the next runs. It's a simple procedure for them to do before releasing them.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Sometimes there's just no winning, I suppose. Glad to hear that there weren't many others who had the problem I did, after all.

Best,

--MyClone

Yup i get the feeling it depends on your production run. I got both mine from the 2nd production run. So far i've found them both to be good and the joints are not too tight. Of course I wouldn't want to drop them, the way the hip/leg connector steel joints are, they seem to be really flimsy and a few shakes could break it.

The VF-25F really does need some panel lining but I'm not sure I want to put my $10 skills on a $200 toy.

As for the next DX, it would seem the chart is saying the VF-25S Armoured is the next one. I can't wait but that's going to make me so broke. As it is, I'm already basically buying every Frontier DX. I'm really nto sure if gettign a whole new 25S package deal is better than just the armour. By having the package deal, it'll allow you to display 2 VF-25S in two different modes.

I was in Akihabara today and got my hands on the Bandai VF-25 toys. They disspoint me. Every single VF-25s has warped head lasers. Transforming it and making it look good in that form is impossible. It lacks the charm of a chunk monkey. Size doesn't seme right for the scale unless the 25 is a light fighter(my yammie yf-19 is huge next to it). Even a VF-1 in 1/60 looks larger then the 25. Prices ugh the prices. Buy from hlj.com or amazon.co.jp they are cheaper even after shipping. 22000 for a YF-21 in the stores.

Well, I've had my DX VF-25F for awhile now, and I've only just gotten it to pose properly in Gerwalk mode (see pictures below). It may take awhile, but I think most people who bought the toy eventually do warm to it. Plus you never really need to worry when posing or transforming the toy! So just play around with it, and take a look at the fixes that people have found for the various quirks like the turtlehead.

post-10385-1235848839_thumb.jpg

post-10385-1235848863_thumb.jpg

post-10385-1235848907_thumb.jpg

Edited by edwin3060

I'm simply pointing out that you misinterpreted the other guys sentence.

I'll accept that when he tells me I did. The sentence can be interpreted a number of ways, so your interpretation is no more 'correct' than mine. :mellow:

Every single VF-25s has warped head lasers. Transforming it and making it look good in that form is impossible.

I re-heat my vf-25s laser with a hair dryer for approx 1.5 min, and they straighten out automatically. Ever since, they have stay pretty straight. No problem.

post-3663-1235888941_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1235888956_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1235888968_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1235888978_thumb.jpg

Well, I've had my DX VF-25F for awhile now, and I've only just gotten it to pose properly in Gerwalk mode (see pictures below). It may take awhile, but I think most people who bought the toy eventually do warm to it. Plus you never really need to worry when posing or transforming the toy! So just play around with it, and take a look at the fixes that people have found for the various quirks like the turtlehead.

Hey Edwin3060, nice to see that you have lined your vf-25. Looks Great!