Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

I like the VF-27, it's purple and has 4 engines.

let me say that again: 4 engines!

anyways, any logic as to what's next kind of gets thrown off by the fact that the Quarter is the next new design after the VF-25's.

Yea but the Quarter is not a VF so it doesnt count! :p

I did a experiment.

I tried to extend VF-25F neck by using copper beam in the original ball joint.

I recommended using copper beam that dimension smaller than 0.02mm (0.06") because I broke my original ball joint

Now I replace spare part ordering from hlj..... T_T

Heh, front mounted overwing clips.

so now we know. it's ugly and yet somehow not out of place at all.

and we also know that the VF-25G CANNOT sit on it's landing gears with the gunpod attached. good thing it comes with a stand.

Hmmm, may be. Perhaps it's just not that solid/dense. Or maybe I just handled it the wrong way. Or maybe it's both! I'm quite annoyed as I've already put money down for the Super Parts. *grumble* Of course, if it's possible to just get the hip joints parts, that'll solve the problem... until it breaks again, lol.

"and NEXT" = full armour.

original post

Uh.. that full armour picture was for the VF100s line? Is it coming out for DX as well? i hope its not an exclusive.

badboy00z: I think the 'new' DX was just the MacQuarter (that sounds so much like a MacDonald's Quarter Pounder!)

anime52k8: the front mounted clips may be awkward, but they are still better than back mounted clips since they could (conceivably) be aerodynamic fairings (not anime accurate of course, but this is the DX we are talking about!) The front wing clips for the missiles and all in the RVF-25 exclusive look very awkward though :(

Vostok 7 : Yea, but sucks that it can't be mounted with the landing gear down in fighter mode--- I guess that spells doom for the VF-27 as well then---while the beam grenade launcher may well split down the middle, the landing gear may not be long enough.

rikiryou: OMG O_O that really sucks. are you able to get a replacement toy? Seems to be an isolated case so far though.

I hope the full armour comes with 4 reaction missiles.

Edited by edwin3060

Sooooo.... I was playing with this in Battroid mode, and pushing the leg apart for a V pose when suddenly.... *SNAP*. I didn't force it either - note that the joint was also quite loose, too. Better not fling the toy by its legs, yo.

post-1199-1235309423_thumb.jpg

post-1199-1235309447_thumb.jpg

If it's any consolation... your panel lining looks pretty slick. Very subtle, not too pronounced. What's your technique?

MasterOfPuppets: I used alcohol-based markers (Pantone Tria) - some parts I tried with black (the underneath of the backpack/wings) and others with a slightly dark gray. They're pretty thick when applied (especially the black), so I thin them down with the blender markers. Copic markers are probably a good alternative as they're cheaper but give more or less the same results.

I definitely prefer using this method to Gundam markers - even if it's a bit more work with using the blender marker.

Sooooo.... I was playing with this in Battroid mode, and pushing the leg apart for a V pose when suddenly.... *SNAP*. I didn't force it either - note that the joint was also quite loose, too. Better not fling the toy by its legs, yo.

Macross toys are cursed, cursed I tell you!

Wow damn. That looks like the connecting bar snapped, rather than having the plastic sockets crack or anything. Impossible to repair without replacing something like that. How does something like that even happen without the use of pliers and saws, I don't know.

If you bought it from HLJ, contact them about getting a replacement toy or replacement part at least.

Or you could try asking Overdrive. They are very good about getting Yamato parts, so perhaps they would be willing to contact Bandai and ask for spare parts.

Given that the DX was touted as being very durable and rugged, this is worrying. Hopefully, it's just a one-off case.

Graham

For the price of these toys, things like legs breaking or screws popping out shouldn't he happening at all, unless you drop it concrete or something. Otherwise...... But again maybe for the DX VF-25 that was an isolated incident.