Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

The movie version will at minimum cause every MacF model to be reissued. Most likely with super packs for the VF-25F and S as standard.

Armored will still likely be sold as addon-pack for maybe 3/4 the price of the base VF.

That's why I am waiting until after the movie for the DXs. I want that Alto to have super packs without having to spend double the normal amount.

Some Japanese fans have suggested that a new type of armor will make it's appearance in the movie.

I wouldn't be surprised, since afterall DYRL introduced the "Strike Pack" for the VF-1.

It just doesn't make sense. Some failure rate is to be expected, we're talking about mass production here, but it always seems like it's pretty 50/50, either you have a ton of failures or you don't.

Vostok 7

For myself, I consider breakages an issue, but never let things like loose joints bother me, so I don't really consider them an issue.

I've had a few breakages, just not that many, given the fairly large size Yamato collection I have.

I always wonder how much of the problems are with the actual toy, or are due to the general ham-fistedness of the owners. I know many people who just should not be let near complex transforming toys, aimed at adult collectors.

The only legitimate complaints I've personally had with Yamato Macross toys have been the hip breakages on the first VF-11B (The later FP release was flawless) and the disintegrating shoulders on the early VF-0 toys (later ones appear fine so far).

Anyway, we are drifting off topic again. Let's get back to talking about the DX please.

Graham

Of course, the rumor I heard could also be referring to a VF-25 repaint, like an 'All That VF' version or cannon fodder....who knows?

I seriously doubt Bandai is going to do a complete redesign of the VF-25 DX toy. It's selling well, so why should they.

Graham

Of course, the rumor I heard could also be referring to a VF-25 repaint, like an 'All That VF' version or cannon fodder....who knows?

I seriously doubt Bandai is going to do a complete redesign of the VF-25 DX toy. It's selling well, so why should they.

Graham

didn't stop yamato from doing the vf-1 3 times...

Graham

That's so true. If they resculpt it, it would certainly drive people who already purchased the original version crazy. If it would be done, it wouldn't be the DX line, they would invent a new series so people can't really complain.

Probably I should think no more on the DX and be happy with the models. Would probably buy a DX VF-25F w/ Super Parts when the price gets to normal. That would be... a year later I guess. Won't collect the whole squad like I always love to...

(Model super parts to be issued soon! Yea!)

I disagree. The -27 is the main antagonist mecha so it should come out first! Besides, the very fact that it is similar to the -25 should be a factor for its release... less re-tooling needed, less re-training of assembly workers.

Seriously, does anybody expect Bandai not to make SK at least re-colour the main VFs in the show? It's basically just wishful thinking. Re-colours are basically the easiest way to make more toys and generate more sales for the least effort and cost to Bandai. I'm sure the Macross division at Bandai is looking at Yamato's recent VF-1 re-colour flood of products with great interest.

I'd be more interested in the VF-171 and EX before the VF-27, though I do really want a VF-27, too. I wonder, how big is the VF-171 compared to the VF-17? Are they pretty much the same size? If so, a 1/60 VF-171DX should be larger than the 1/65 VF-17 Bandai put out for the Macross 7 line.

I'd be more interested in the VF-171 and EX before the VF-27, though I do really want a VF-27, too. I wonder, how big is the VF-171 compared to the VF-17? Are they pretty much the same size? If so, a 1/60 VF-171DX should be larger than the 1/65 VF-17 Bandai put out for the Macross 7 line.

The VF-171 has been elongated compared to the VF-17 so it should definitely be larger.

Graham

Agreed. While the DX VF-25 has shortcomings, really don't see Bandai wants to invest more money on the same toy Bandai itself saturated the market with. I bet Bandai will try to make the most out of this mold to make its money's worth with all the variants they can pull off. While its just a simple assuption on my part, the Movie versions will probably sport a different paint job, or have just a handful of new parts that can swap with the current DX. Just look at SDF-M & DYRL. How much different are the VF-1 between the two?

However, developing other valks from Macross F is much more possible. The same people that bought the DX VF-25 are more likely to buy those too. And I would love to get a VF-171 for sure. With armor pack even better. :lol: That is one sweet valk, even if it took over the 'cannon fodder' role of the VF-1A brownie.

Except the M7 VF-17 toy was horrible. I hope they start anew!

There's nothing on the m7 vf-17 that I would like to see re-used. It's decent for what it is but to be frank what it "is" is a toy thats on par with 12 dollar transformers.

The VF-171 line can be milked far better than the VF-27.

It has like 8 variations and it's also a hero mech. The VF-27 only has two variations.

I am certain they will make the [antagonist] VF-27 before they make a VF-171..regardless of what status the 171 gains from being flown by Alto. (And that's hoping we get a DX of either! :unsure: )

Let me put it to you this way:

Think of Macross Plus; Dyson (the hero) flew a YF-19 and a VF-11B. Guld was the antagonist (through most of it anyway) and flew the -21. Now what order did they release the VF's?

YF-19, YF-21, VF-11B.

Both times!

I am certain they will make the [antagonist] VF-27 before they make a VF-171..regardless of what status the 171 gains from being flown by Alto. (And that's hoping we get a DX of either! :unsure: )

Let me put it to you this way:

Think of Macross Plus; Dyson (the hero) flew a YF-19 and a VF-11B. Guld was the antagonist (through most of it anyway) and flew the -21. Now what order did they release the VF's?

YF-19, YF-21, VF-11B.

Both times!

Not sure if that is a good example though, since Macross Plus is all about the 19 vs. the 21 test project. 21 is not just the bad guy's mech per se, but the alternate ego of 19. But in Macross F, VF-25 is not in direct competition with VF-27. They are not that closely related, and you don't get the paired-up impression like you do with 19 & 21.

Yea, well the YF-21 was more prominent in the show than the VF-11.. So it's no surprise there. I guess the VF-27 was more prominent than the VF-171 too, but then again, the Raus were shown more often than either of those two. Would that mean a DX Rau would be next? XD

In any case, the VF-17 toy in the past was junk. I don't mind Bandai releasing a new VF-17 or a VF-171, just redo the toy, the old one is beyond obsolete.

Well i opened up my VF-25S finally and indeed the neck thing is a bit disapppointing. It takes some effort to get it to look right. Even my wife commented asking why it looked like a turtle. =)

As for the next Valkyrie, i'd prefer to see the VF-171 first. It's far more interesting and different to the VF-25. There can be 5 variants for the VF-171. The green normal one,green 171 recon, the brown 171EX, the 171EX recon, 171EX cmdr. Then if Bandai wanted they can get back into M7 and slight remold to make it the VF-17. Which i hope can lead to the VF-19 and the VF-22. Now that would be cool. VF-22 with Bandai durability.

My 25S came through from BBTS, and after transforming it a few times I have to say that I’m really happy with it. The shoulder ball-joints and secondary pivots in the elbow and knees are a bit tight, but thankfully no problems with snapping screws. I would have liked the neck to have been a little longer, but I’m impressed at the build quality and engineering that went into it, regardless to the deviation to the line-art (as a fan of the old 1/55's that doesn't bother me).

Can’t wait for the 25F to be reissued and for the super-packs to come in!

Yea, well the YF-21 was more prominent in the show than the VF-11.. So it's no surprise there. I guess the VF-27 was more prominent than the VF-171 too, but then again, the Raus were shown more often than either of those two. Would that mean a DX Rau would be next? XD

In any case, the VF-17 toy in the past was junk. I don't mind Bandai releasing a new VF-17 or a VF-171, just redo the toy, the old one is beyond obsolete.

the Q-REA doesn't show up as much as the VF-27 or the VF-171 really, and the pilot of the VF-27 is a more important character than any of the Rea pilots or any of the VF-171 pilots.

the VF-25F is made first because Alto is the most important character, then the other 25 variants show up because they're easiest to produce. the VF-27 will get produced next for 2 reasons. first Brera is alto's most direct rival, second the VF-27 is the more like the VF-25 than the VF-171 is, so it takes less work on their part (most of the heavy engineering is already done, they just need to work out the cosmetic changes).

Sorry, my mistake.

Although I think we had more screen time of the INSIDE of the VF-27 (or at least Brera's VR world) than we did of the VF-27 itself. And even then, I still think that the Reas had more screen time regardless. While I agree it'd be economically cheaper to produce the VF-27 DX next, costs aside, no one liked Brera. Except maybe the bishou fans. Maybe if it was Grace's VF-27 that was released first, I wouldn't be so annoyed about it.

As for the next Valkyrie, i'd prefer to see the VF-171 first. It's far more interesting and different to the VF-25. There can be 5 variants for the VF-171. The green normal one,green 171 recon, the brown 171EX, the 171EX recon, 171EX cmdr. Then if Bandai wanted they can get back into M7 and slight remold to make it the VF-17. Which i hope can lead to the VF-19 and the VF-22. Now that would be cool. VF-22 with Bandai durability.

The last thing I wanna see is Bandai milking a mould again-- just think, you either have the VF-27 for the next release, and then have a new design to buy the next quarter (since it seems to be quarterly release), or you have the 171 and have nothing new until the movie VF-25 (likely to be recolours) come out. Which is the better scenario? VF-27 FTW!

Sorry, my mistake.

Although I think we had more screen time of the INSIDE of the VF-27 (or at least Brera's VR world) than we did of the VF-27 itself. And even then, I still think that the Reas had more screen time regardless. While I agree it'd be economically cheaper to produce the VF-27 DX next, costs aside, no one liked Brera. Except maybe the bishou fans. Maybe if it was Grace's VF-27 that was released first, I wouldn't be so annoyed about it.

I like the VF-27, it's purple and has 4 engines.

let me say that again: 4 engines!

anyways, any logic as to what's next kind of gets thrown off by the fact that the Quarter is the next new design after the VF-25's.