Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

Feb 09 reissues of DX VF-25F and S retooled.

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-88929-1-1.html

Looks like Bandai have added extra holes on the top of the fuselage. Extra attachment points meant for the Armor Pack perhaps?

EDIT: The VF-25 in the lower images are of Michael's G. So it appears the RVF and G variants will also sport this new holes/attachment points.

3329117073a7daffb722.jpg

3329117123fc951c3776.jpg

Don't see the fuss about this, as the holes are for the armor pack. But its still unknown if Alto and Ozma will ever get a armor pack only release and not a bundle. And if Bandai wants to, the armor packs may only come with a valk with more holes. So don't see the first release losing much, when we know it fits the fast pack for sure. At least I know I feel fine with it, knowing my Alto is just gonna wear a fast pack.

Though Bandai did drop the ball on development planning, as its a given that these valks will have the various add-ons like all other valk toys have. Its weird they don't forsee it coming. Thats bad planning for sure.

Though Bandai did drop the ball on development planning, as its a given that these valks will have the various add-ons like all other valk toys have. Its weird they don't forsee it coming. Thats bad planning for sure.

+1 I think thats the reason for the crappy clip on Sound boosters and missile packs that will be coming out as exclusive sets as well. I just wish that Bandai, being bigger and all, would be better organised than Yamato (or at least learn from Yamato's mistakes).

Yeah, adding those mounting posts that yamato used for ages couldn't have been difficult.

Bandai cut corners on a lot of parts that necessitate additional compensatory parts to circumvent the inherent flaws in the toy. (difficult-words-ccccombo!)

Aka the landing gears, clip-on speakers, armor pack mounts,sucky gerwalk...

With the clip on missiles and speakers and having to do a retooled release of the DX with extra holes to accommodate the new armor pack, I kind of get the feeling that Bandai didn't really plan ahead when they designed the DXs.

I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get a totally retooled version, especially if the designs for the movie turn out to be different. After all, they've been doing that in other lines.

I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get a totally retooled version, especially if the designs for the movie turn out to be different. After all, they've been doing that in other lines.

That will be the movie version. :lol:

Bandai has always seemed to be hesitent at best when it comes to macross. This is just another example. If that is the case it makes sense that they created the vf-25 mold without planing ahead because they did not have any real hope for the line to sell. Now that it is selling well they are willing to go back and retool the original mold. Just my 2 pennies.

I just ordered the plain jane vf-25 ozma from hlj... Yeah I saw this news and yeah I still ordered the plain jane. I am just not a fan of the super or gbp parts for these. So I have no regrets, the ozma looks plenty beautiful all on its own.

4567357.jpg

Im sure that this holes are for Ozma´s Armour Pack, that is why they´ll sell bundle with the DX.

Early buyers will be pissed becouse they can´t buy Armour packs to theirs DX, is not my case, but under other point of view this early DXs are not bad all, cos they have less holes so are excelent display pieces at fighter mode for example.

I want the uber armor... the more crap it has on, the less I'm bothered by the wonky fighter lines that the DX has.

as long as the toy's still solid with the armor on. I think the only Frontier TOY I'll be getting as an armored VF-25, probably alto's though.

as long as the toy's still solid with the armor on. I think the only Frontier TOY I'll be getting as an armored VF-25, probably alto's though.

hmm, does the armor hide that divot on the spine of the fuselage where the head sits? Cuz that divot is the deal break for me. I've managed to talk myself into accepting everything else but that.

hmm, does the armor hide that divot on the spine of the fuselage where the head sits? Cuz that divot is the deal break for me. I've managed to talk myself into accepting everything else but that.

you mean where the head and the backpack meet up? I think the armor should at least camouflage it a bit since it it covers the whole middle part of the backpack.

EDIT: The VF-25 in the lower images are of Michael's G. So it appears the RVF and G variants will also sport this new holes/attachment points.

Ugh, I really hope not. I think most people, including me, would not be putting the full armor on them and having all those holes kind of ruins the look even further.

They ought to take a few pages out of Yamato's book on adding accessories by attaching them in inconspicuous places (difficult to see the clips for YF-21 fast packs), using holes that were already in the design (booster attachment to backpack of 1/48 VF-1 or YF-19 shoulder armor), using magnets (leg armor on YF-19 or VF-0), design to automatically hide the hole (spring loaded cover for the hole that the back of VF-1 leg armor plugs into) or having things to plug the holes when you are not displaying with accessories on (plug piece for booster rockets on SV-51 wings or the plugs for the holes that attach the fold booster on the YF-21).

As I've said, Bandai may be crap-hot when it comes to designing Gundams or SOCs, but for Macross they are still playing catch-up.

Well, at least they are rugged and lock together well.

Holes 'an all I still like them and still plan to buy at least 1 of each DX, finances allowing.

Hopefully, in 3-4 years, Yamato will be able to show us what they can do for Frontier.

Graham

Really, I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for some magnets in their retool version. It'll be just as rugged, won't change the aesthetics and is sure better than the possibility of pegs and clips snapping off or being a pain to remove. Here's a chance for them to make some good choices after the mistakes they're now having to deal with from their first release... And they're going to do it again. -_-

Hopefully, in 3-4 years, Yamato will be able to show us what they can do for Frontier.

Graham

:blink:

I hope so, but really? Remember it's been fifteen years since Mac7 and Bandai are still sitting on that with all the heft of stubborn Sumo wrestlers. We could've seen transformable Sound Boosters and whatnot by now.

As for the DX, I just read the news of the re-designed parts for the re-issues. If indeed this is for the Full Armour, then there is hope for a stand-alone aromour parts set. So I will just get that to go with my planned Michael purchase. B))

Edited by Renato

4567357.jpg

Im sure that this holes are for Ozma´s Armour Pack, that is why they´ll sell bundle with the DX.

Early buyers will be pissed becouse they can´t buy Armour packs to theirs DX, is not my case, but under other point of view this early DXs are not bad all, cos they have less holes so are excelent display pieces at fighter mode for example.

Unfortunately, the holes in the current DX for the Super packs already spoils that!

As I've said, Bandai may be poo-hot when it comes to designing Gundams or SOCs, but for Macross they are still playing catch-up.

Well, at least they are rugged and lock together well.

Holes 'an all I still like them and still plan to buy at least 1 of each DX, finances allowing.

Graham

A bit of wishful thinking, or is there some basis to this? Is Yamato actively trying to get the rights to produce MF mecha? *crosses fingers and toes*

The thing that pisses me off so much is that Bandai clearly knows how to make an accurate VF-25, but they are deliberately choosing not to do it. To add insult to injury, their already crappy sculpt now has design planning problems, so that they have to drill extra holes in it and whatnot. :angry:

The thing that pisses me off so much is that Bandai clearly knows how to make an accurate VF-25, but they are deliberately choosing not to do it.

Do you mean the model? Have you notice ho much part swapping need to do just to put on the super pack, or some of the super pack need to be taken off to transform the model? No they they don't know how to make an accurate VF-25 that is fully playable yet.

Edited by CF18

Do you mean the model? Have you notice ho much part swapping need to do just to put on the super pack, or some of the super pack need to be taken off to transform the model? No they they don't know how to make an accurate VF-25 that is fully playable yet.

Meh, I made no mention of the Super parts. Even so, some of the inaccuracies that I attributed to the need for Super parts without partsforming in Ver2 of this thread (like the back of the legs in the DX) turn out to be wrong as well-- the leg mounted Super parts still hang below the wing glove etc-- which is very disappointing.

Hmm having the armoured parts not being able to attach to my 1.5release of VF-25F or S kind of sucks. I was hoping to canabilize the armoured parts from the VF-25S Armoured bundle to put on the 25F. Oh well, there goes that idea. Looking at the posts, I'm reasonably sure the extra holes are indeed for the armoured pack.

As for Bandai's foresight. I recall that BigWest owns the rights to Macross and hence Bandai needs to pay some high licensing fees. Therefore any investiment into Macross for them is a comparatively large investment when compared to Gundam (which they own the rights). So therefore when they were faced with an uncertain market for Macross, they did the best they could in providing product. Now that it has been proven to be a hit, they can feel free to invest more in. I also hope the popularity in Macross is back because I really do want to see a continuing show and continuing toys a la Gundam.

I've got tons of Yammies already but sadly they are all remaining in their boxes simply because their durabiity isn't the greatest. However I've rough-housed my VF-25S and F and they are still good to go.

Quick question...How much of this "extra hole" and super pack not fitting on the first release is speculation vs. fact? I can only hope that they do fit on the first releases, and that they sell the super pack parts seperately, but so far, it seems like that's already been written off by everyone here.

That kinda burns me a bit since I paid decent money for the Alto and Ozma VF-25s. Oh well, more sack lunches.

Quick question...How much of this "extra hole" and super pack not fitting on the first release is speculation vs. fact? I can only hope that they do fit on the first releases, and that they sell the super pack parts seperately, but so far, it seems like that's already been written off by everyone here.

That kinda burns me a bit since I paid decent money for the Alto and Ozma VF-25s. Oh well, more sack lunches.

It's pretty much all speculation so far as nobody has actually held one in their hands yet.

Is there going to be a version of the DX RVF-25 that will include the ghost & missiles? Sorry, too lazy to search for the answer myself.

PS: Here's my super late review of my DX Alto. I do have similar raves and rants about the VF-25 as most of the comments in this tread.

http://loopydetails.com/index.php?/Core-Ar...tom-review.html

The answer is No. Ghost & missiles is optional pack. not including in RVF-25.