Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

thanx Acroray ,I,m thankfull for your post and help!!!!

But the pics I,m refering to are with Ley/Ray without his helmet on,with his cloth on -and holding his hand gun.

There,s a pic of it at over-drive where you pre-order his release..but is to small to get a good look at ,I was wondering if anyone could enlarge that particular photo of him.

thanx. ^_^

CDX has its Toy Fair Toynami report up:

http://www.collectiondx.com/article/nytf09...bandai_tamashii

"From the Toynami side of things they had the new Robotech Cyclone, which looks great, and is shipping now. All of the Beta fighters are on display and George said that the factory that did the Beta Fighters now have all the molds for the Alpha, and will tooling them from here on in. There is a possibility that we will see all plastic giftsets that include an alpha and beta in matching colors."

I got my Toynami Ride Armor and was quite happy to note that they didn't change the sticker on the base, so it still says Mospeada.

Overall thoughts; it's a REALLY cleverly engineered (almost OVER engineered, really) piece, but damn if the fabric doesn't suck on it. Speaking as someone who's collected a number of 1/6 figures and other cloth clad figs, it's extremely low quality stuff and suffers from some serious frayed edges and sub-par sewing. I may look into either ripping it all out or replacing it with some sewed fabric of my own.

Other than that, it's a ridiculously awesome piece. Very heavy due to the sheer mass of plastic from all the movie parts. No hollow plastic components on this guy... there's just too many moving parts for that. So heavy it can't really stand well on its own, but that's about par for the course for ride armors, I think :lol:

Totally worth picking up. Just wish the fabric wasn't so poorly done.

"From the Toynami side of things they had the new Robotech Cyclone, which looks great, and is shipping now. All of the Beta fighters are on display and George said that the factory that did the Beta Fighters now have all the molds for the Alpha, and will tooling them from here on in. There is a possibility that we will see all plastic giftsets that include an alpha and beta in matching colors."

Nice. The die-cast content of the Aoshimas is just total overkill. The underarms always sag giving him the impression of a person who has lost a lot of weight very, very quickly.

I wonder if by "re-tooling" they also mean adding more articulation. Just the ability to do an actual A-stance would be great.

That,s the one!!!!

Thanx Acroray-you,re fantastic man!!!

I guess we,ll have to wait until that photo is isolated by itself to get a really good close up look ...it,ll float around soon enough ^_^

Nice. The die-cast content of the Aoshimas is just total overkill. The underarms always sag giving him the impression of a person who has lost a lot of weight very, very quickly.

I wonder if by "re-tooling" they also mean adding more articulation. Just the ability to do an actual A-stance would be great.

I don't think the "tooling" in that sentence should be anticipated to mean any sort of "re-tooling." I think they are simply saying that the place that made the Beta will make all future Alphas. It's certainly not a bad thing but I wouldn't take it to mean there will be any improvements in the new Alpha other than having a better factory put them together.

YES!! I was holding out for a set like that. hopefully it will come soon :D

Hope it is something interesting, i hope is houquet..

besides i hope the gift sets that toynami have annouced be out soon, i will be waiting for that though.

Houquet seems the most likely, though I'm sure we can all come up with a grocery list of other similar items we would love to see.

I wonder about the gift sets, if that means repackaging the current inventory of Alphas/Legioss with their matching Betas/TLEADs, or if it means new runs of the blue one and others.

Hey, did anyone see this?

http://hlj.com/product/CMS65279

Heh-heh, yeah, last week!

That's a really nice item. I think one of the best things about it is that if you're not collecting the CMs Legioss toys, it would still look nice in any collection because of how many elements of the design are different from your standard Legioss anyway. So CMs differences in proportion from the Toynami design are masked by the Drone's non-standard feet, torso & other elements.

Pricey, but it is an interesting design, and who else is going to mess with releasing one?

" George said that the factory that did the Beta Fighters now have all the molds for the Alpha, and will tooling them from here on in. There is a possibility that we will see all plastic giftsets that include an alpha and beta in matching colors."

That's a really astoundingly good little chunk of news, as far as I'm concerned!

I'll observe that if all-plastic gift sets are in the works, then I think it may be safe to assume that we may indeed see some tooling & design changes in the Alpha/Legioss - particularly if they're in elements that would have previously been diecast. (I'm thinking of the upper legs in particular, like how Aoshima had revised them.) The molds used for diecast parts can't be used for plastic injection, so if Toynami's going to invest in new tooling to convert the diecast elements for plastic, they would probably consider making a few changes as long as they're making the new set of molds.

Of course, with the caveat that they're actually able to invest in a whole new set of steel for the line - considering the state of the economy right now and its effect on the collectibles and hobby market. (Heck, people are even buying 20% fewer Girl Scout cookies now...)

I don't think the "tooling" in that sentence should be anticipated to mean any sort of "re-tooling." I think they are simply saying that the place that made the Beta will make all future Alphas. It's certainly not a bad thing but I wouldn't take it to mean there will be any improvements in the new Alpha other than having a better factory put them together.

Do you think that perhaps the QC will be better on the Alphas? I've been kind of skittish about buying them because of all the complaints about breaking parts.

I'm definitely interested in buying a gift set, though.

An all plastic, Aoshima quality Legioss/Tread combo would be a godsend. Hopefully f*cking Tommy Yune doesn't sculpt the heads of the US versions.

I thought Aoshima's Legioss set were worse quality than Toynami's run, and I don't believe Aoshima has relased a Tlead. And why would Tommy Yune do any head sculpting for them?

What the h3ll are you talking about, Danth? Get some more coffee in ya, man.

Since we already know about the 4 ride-armors here's what I'm hoping for in 1/10th . . .

The profile definitely looks like Houquet's/Shinobou's (spelling?) bike, though there's nothing saying that that placeholder image has anything to do with what the big surprise it.

This bike would really only be a surprise based on the fact that presales on some sites had listed Yellow as being next, so the order of the releases would be a surprise.

A REAL surprise would be one of the items that you mentioned, DarrinG, likely in vinyl I suspect.

One thing we can be fairly certain of is that it will be an item that is common to MOSPEADA, and not something that is only in Robotech, but not MOSPEADA, since Beagle is making the announcement and not Toynami.

Oh, and what happened to Megahouse making a Houquet? We've got Stick, Ray, an all-black Stick, a black and white Stick, now a new all-black Yellow (did I miss any?), but still only a profile picture of a future release of a Houquet.

Edited by RavenHawk

On a different note (but still on topic of this thread), what do we have for MOSPEADA figures out there currently, or confirmed as coming out soon?

This is what I can think of:

Aoshima:

- Blue Legioss

- Red Legioss

- Green Legioss

- Dark Legioss? Haven't seen it, but I assume they must have one.

CMs:

- Stick

- Ray

- Yellow

- Houquet

- Shinobou (sp?)

- black and white Stick

- black and white Ray

- partially clear Stick

- partially clear Ray

- partially clear Yellow

- two-pack of green soldier figures

- Col. Johnathan figure

- Blue Legioss and TLEAD

- Red Legioss and TLEAD

- Green Legioss and TLEAD

- Dark Legioss and TLEAD

- Dark Drone Legioss

Megahouse:

- Stick (also a Toynami-labelled Scott)

- Ray (also a Toynami-labelled Rand)

- Yellow

- black and white Stick

- all-black Stick

- all-black Yellow

Beagle/Toynami:

- Stick/Scott

- Ray/Rand

Toynami:

- Blue Alpha

- Red Alpha

- Green Alpha

- Shadow Alpha

- Blue Beta

- Red Beta

- Green Beta

- Shadow Beta

Did I miss anything?

The Toynami/Beagle Rand is up for preorder on Robotech.com.

Says it's shipping in May, so probably the Beagle will be in early May, and the Toynami will be mid June, like happened last time.

The only interesting thing in their posting is that it says he comes with 2 handheld weapons. Scott/Stick came with three, so I'm assuming that they don't count the large gun that is attached to the forearm armor as a "handheld" weapon.

Also, no image (again) or mention of a Tommy Yune head sculpt, but I assume that there will be one again.

Edited by RavenHawk

Oh - who am I kidding? Not even myself.

It'll be Houquet, not a surprise Inbit, or Jeep. ~ sigh ~

But a great looking Houquet design would still brighten my day, its just that we already knew that was coming.

I hope these sell like hot-cakes and we eventually get a green jeep with a bed that holds a few cycles, some enemy mechs and appendix accessory packs . . .

I thought Aoshima's Legioss set were worse quality than Toynami's run, and I don't believe Aoshima has relased a Tlead. And why would Tommy Yune do any head sculpting for them?

What the h3ll are you talking about, Danth? Get some more coffee in ya, man.

Supposidly the Aoshima Legioss was worse then the Toynamis. Save posteed a pic of an upcoming Aoshima Blue Tlead in the last thread. Besides resculpting the Masterpiece Cyclone heads Tommy also resculpted the 1/55 Veritech heads and I thought it was mentioned that he had a hand in the look of the MP Beta head design (not sure)..

A little clarification:

Aoshima's Legioss toys were better DESIGNED toys. They were worse in terms of CONSTRUCTION. So if you wanted to see a plastic Alpha actually built well you'd want it to be the AOSHIMA design, not the Toynami MPC. The Aoshima had ratcheting joints and other little bits (including sturdier hands) that would have made it superior had it not been thrown together from warped parts by people who didn't care. It should also be noted though that Aoshima does have the Toynami as its underlying base so there are plenty of legacy issues (I'm sure Aoshima arms pop off randomly just like toynami ones).

I may be wrong but I believe what SAVE posted was a pic of an Aoshima booth at a toy show that showed a TOYNAMI MPC BETA, not an Aoshima Blue Tread. Aoshima was announcing they'd be doing repaints but had not yet begun producing them. Tommy Yune DID create the MPC Beta's unique heads although I don't believe he had anything to do with the MPC Alpha heads.

As to the Beagle folks, your rampant speculation is fun but you're building yourselves up for a let down. From what I hear Beagle is very pleased with what they'll be showing but it's not going to be part of a new line.

Aoshima:

- Blue Legioss

- Red Legioss

- Green Legioss

- Dark Legioss? Haven't seen it, but I assume they must have one.

Did I miss anything?

Aoshima have announced their TREAD although they displayed a MPC version:

Save's post with the Aoshima announcement.

Impression I got from another post from Save is that Aoshima have washed their hands of the previous Legioss release, so I assume a Dark version is out of the question. Although if the rumoured plastic gift-set is confirmed hopefully it will be them doing the re-tooling.

Aoshima have announced their TREAD although they displayed a MPC version:

Save's post with the Aoshima announcement.

Impression I got from another post from Save is that Aoshima have washed their hands of the previous Legioss release, so I assume a Dark version is out of the question. Although if the rumoured plastic gift-set is confirmed hopefully it will be them doing the re-tooling.

Thanks