Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

Here's one interesting pic.

We had these plans few years ago, but never got a chance.

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing those!

(So the "Shadow Chronicles" designs had been in development for some time?)

The I-men were very nice. Those Kubrick-style toys seem to be more popular in the US now. At the time these were released, there was a bit of an over-abundance of them, which may have contributed to these being lost in the tide of products. (Sadly, the only one I have is the "Ben Dixon" set.)

Had you considered any I-men of characters or mecha that were not heroes?

Edited by AcroRay

They also released some of MegaHouse's Cyclones under the Toynami brand. Unless you are only counting toys in which they had some creative contribution?

Humn... I was only counting creative involvement. But otherwise, yes - that would count also.

They did prototype a Macross Storm Attacker modular toy, with the intent of selling it in sections with their very inexpensive line of Super-Posable Macross figures. When re-orders didn't support an expansion of that line, that product died with it. So there's a precise example of what you're asking for, with an indication of how it proved unworkable. Also, the MPC Ben Dixon didn't sell well. (H3ll, it's the peg-warmer of the whole series. You can pick it up for less than its original SRP.) Max's largely identical-looking 1A most likely wouldn't have done any better. Why throw money in on a losing idea? (Like Matchbox's poor retail results with their original and imported Macross toys.)
Yes, you can/could get Ben's under MSRP but I got "Scott's Alpha" for $50 new so that says more about the perceived quality of their products.

Don't get me wrong, I have some I-men and some of the super posables and they were good for the time but "Master Piece" was a serious misnomer on their part. Maybe that's the best they could do at that price point given the demand but that's not good enough for me so they didn't get anymore of my money. So I guess it's all my fault there's no new releases :lol:

Hindsight being 20/20 I'm sure we could all come up with a pretty healthy littany of how Toynami failed and what they could have done to have been more successful. In the end it's all the Robotech fans who have lost. Toynami should have never gotten the Robotech license, Harmony Gold and Tatsunoko should have never pulled the douche card, and we should all be playing with our Robotech branded Yamato toys right now.

As far as Winter Wonder Festival 2010 there was only two dealers selling Mospeada kits. One was T-Rex with the saddle bags and another booth with the circle name of JAX had a 1/6 scale Fuke.

post-3328-1266343242_thumb.jpg

The kit is a bit rough, but I was happy to see others make more stuff. Their blog shows the kit with a different pose in the early stages.

Is there any way to know if any of the CM Upgrade parts are included in which of the evil bay listings? It's only in the Legioss/Tread combo, right?

Just got my Rand MPC Cyclone today! I'm still just enjoying it as it came, I'll give transforming it a whirl later on.

$129.00 and Free UPS shipping from a seller off of Ebay, best deal so far and worth it! :D

Kind of a tease with that 1/6 scale Fuke kit, looks cool but no BEAGLE Ride Armor version.....

post-6180-1266356021_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

Is there any way to know if any of the CM Upgrade parts are included in which of the evil bay listings? It's only in the Legioss/Tread combo, right?

The upgrade parts are in a seperate package, so if the seller is including them they should specifically mention it or show it in a photo. If you see a listing that doesn't reference the parts in any way you should probably assume they aren't included.

I've got my fingers crossed for CMs to wise up and make the add-on parts available seperately.

As far as Winter Wonder Festival 2010 there was only two dealers selling Mospeada kits. One was T-Rex with the saddle bags and another booth with the circle name of JAX had a 1/6 scale Fuke.

post-3328-1266343242_thumb.jpg

The kit is a bit rough, but I was happy to see others make more stuff. Their blog shows the kit with a different pose in the early stages.

tiny hands... lol.

There are a lot of Mospeada products out there, agreed, but the ones that really matter seem to get the short end of the stick, i.e. the Beagle Fuke and Yellow. It did take forever for the Beta/Tread, but they at least made it to the light of day. BTW, any info on the Shadow Beta?

There are a lot of Mospeada products out there, agreed, but the ones that really matter seem to get the short end of the stick, i.e. the Beagle Fuke and Yellow. It did take forever for the Beta/Tread, but they at least made it to the light of day. BTW, any info on the Shadow Beta?

George Sohn says no Shadow Beta, according to Josh B over at CollectionDX.com, who just interviewed him at Toyfair 2010. The original Betas sold too poorly to release a Shadow. In fact, they have no new Robotech merchandise other than the vinyl Battlepods.

George Sohn says no Shadow Beta, according to Josh B over at CollectionDX.com, who just interviewed him at Toyfair 2010. The original Betas sold too poorly to release a Shadow. In fact, they have no new Robotech merchandise other than the vinyl Battlepods.

Too bad. I was hoping to get one eventually, specially since my Shadow Alpha is the sturdier of the whole bunch. Then again, I don't feel like spending more money on those Alphas, it frustrates me not being able to pick them up to play anymore (the very reason why I'm not a models guy).

I wonder if Tommy is going to keep touting the upcoming "Synchro" Shadow Chronicles Beta. I imagine if the shadow is cancelled than the Synchro version is also. Too bad... I think that was the one I was looking forward to the most after the blue one.

EDIT - Maiden Japan, let me know if you want to sell a prototype :)

EDIT II - Happy 25th Anniversary Robotech Fans! The license is dead!

Edited by jenius

Mospeada's curse of finished products seems to creep up again. So, the Beta sales sucked, not too surprising. I doubt a lot of people wanted to buy the red beta. I bought one, but wasn't all that thrilled about it. I was more wanting the blue and green. What can you do?

I was really hoping they would revisit all the Alphas with their improved techniques like the ratchets and hopefully better quality. THEN I would have considered the blue one. As it is, maybe I'll get a CM Legioss/Tread combo (if I can find one with the upgrade parts).

The entry for the green Beta: "Volume 4 to follow, featuring the black Shadow Beta Fighter." :cry:

Edited by Uxi

I'm sure George thinks: "I knew this Beta was going to be risky, I really wish I hadn't invested all the time and money into it" since it probably was a break even project at best. Of course he really should be thinking "I shouldn't have spent 5 years hemming and hawing over whether or not we'd make it and released this a long time ago when the economy was a lot better and every line of toys was selling."

We should also point out that this bodes very poorly for the WB movie. The current license holders are abandoning the license for lack of sales... I'm sure that's going to look great to WB.

I bought the blue alpha and the shadow alpha. I also bought the blue beta when it came out. The shadow beta was the only other beta I was planning on buying. I'm actually pretty bummed out by that. The Beagles are obviously the showpiece of my collection, with the CMs bikes (no Legioss or TLEADs) displayed with my Megazone and Bubblegum Crisis bikes, plus a single Megahouse, but still was hoping to have the matching set of alphas and betas.

The Beta is in SC but it never transforms... it's just a booster and missile holder for the Alpha and gets a synchro cannon for the big end fight. There are other Alphas but they're almost all entirely non-descript with exception to Maia's... black with white trim, that sort of thing.

I checked out Mega Hobby Expo 2010 yesterday and the only sign of anything Mospeada there was the old end credit diorama used for previous events minus the Inbit. This time it was set up in the SD Super Robot hands on section for attendees to pay on, talk about adding salt to an open wound.

post-3328-1266728990_thumb.jpg

hmmm can any one confirm news of those two Beagle Mospeadas being re-issued end of Feb?

First time I've heard of that. Where did you hear that? Just about every shop that carries them still has them in stock maybe aside from HLJ. There is even a few Japanese sites trying to sell off their remaining stock this month before tax season.

Well I finally bit the bullet and got a Aoshima Tread Stick Ver., and I have to say as much as it looks good it's wanky has hell. The midsection always unfolds when you arch it back to much, and it has no possibility do to that. In bomber mode the legs keep dropping out of place a the slightest touch because the locking mechanism or lack of is useless due to the weight of the lower legs.

I think over all CM's did a better job "on the tread".

Edited by Save

What involvement did Toynami have in creating the MPC Cyclone other than the new head sculpts? Or are you counting that as creative involvement?

Both companies pooled funds and resources, as I understand it. The combined preorders from both companies' versions are what would have permitted the R&D expenses.

I believe shared design staff were involved as well, so it was probably a shared contract with whatever firms did the design and development work on the project. Both Toynami and Beagle would both likely have had staff working with the designers.