Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

Somebody posted the online advertisement here a while back. I'll have the online ad as part of my review when I get it on my site or you can go hunting through the old Mospeada super threads. I'm close to being done my post but I'm swamped at work with year end financials so we'll see what happens.

Great review, as always.

I am still interested, especially since I never invested in an original (so no unwanted duplicate to deal away).

Will watch e-bay I guess.

It would never be in fighter mode, and NEVER be in 'linked-up fighter mode' on my shelf . . .

Why in the world did CMs need to make the tail fins that long?

Call me crazy, but if I was the designer I would first find out how long the forearms are and THEN make the fins a little shorter than that!

And they could have made the nose cone shorter with no drawbacks as well I think . . .

BLAM-O

I got a post up on these upgrade parts!

Visit Anymoon.com for the full scoop (although I did have to rush it out after work so let me know if you spot any issues or feel I glossed anything over too much).

It's too bad the parts aren't available on their own because I would pick up a set for the gun and hands. Oh well, I still love the set I have even with its flaws.

I like it better with the parts but still not enough to get it. The oversized fins... the smaller Tlead. But it feels a lot better when handling than the Toynami version. Too bad Aoshima didnt retool that one.

So Jenius, which do you like better, the Toynami, or the CM alpha/beta

Very tough decision. CMs is leaps and bounds ahead of the Toynami (Legioss/Alpha) in terms of playability. Toynami is leaps and bounds ahead of CMs in terms of aesthetics.

Great review, as always.

I am still interested, especially since I never invested in an original (so no unwanted duplicate to deal away).

Will watch e-bay I guess.

It would never be in fighter mode, and NEVER be in 'linked-up fighter mode' on my shelf . . .

Some dude is selling them on Ebay right now for US $132,80 + SH (3 left). That is cheaper then when i bought the original.

HERE :)

Thanks, hopefully CM will do another set of the trading figures. Maybe just swap the standing figures to sitting, sitting figures to standing and add a yellow/Jim/Aisha.

I'd like to get a TREAD/Beta but after my Alpha/Legioss experience I won't be buying one ever. Especially since there really isn't a definitive representation IMO. It's like picking the lesser of two evils or something :lol:

If you mainly display your toys than Toynami is the way to go. If you zoom them around or let your kids get a hold of them CMs seems the obvious choice.

That guy has $45 shipping charge as well which puts this beyond my ability to rationalize. I have never ordered from Hong Kong ebayers - has everyone done this with no trouble?

That guy has $45 shipping charge as well which puts this beyond my ability to rationalize. I have never ordered from Hong Kong ebayers - has everyone done this with no trouble?

Yes. That guy in particular too.

Thanks, hopefully CM will do another set of the trading figures. Maybe just swap the standing figures to sitting, sitting figures to standing and add a yellow/Jim/Aisha.

I'd like to get a TREAD/Beta but after my Alpha/Legioss experience I won't be buying one ever. Especially since there really isn't a definitive representation IMO. It's like picking the lesser of two evils or something :lol:

I have ordered tons of stuff from this guy. Super fast shipping. And if you want to order new macross toys from ebay. A hongkong seller is almost the only way to go.

$133 + $45 = 178 bucks. The blue CM legioss en tread i bought back them costed almost $300 smackaroos :angry: . So that is a big drop in price <_< .

Great to know. Just checked though and it looks like I don't have the $178 bucks to spend right now.

If I did this might be one of my first 'panel lined', weathered and stickered up ventures. I would remove the tail fins, try to lower the beta's orange bomb rack down into the unit, add some missiles to the beta wings and only display it in the famous pose of my avatar.

Otherwise it would just plain bug me too much to display with all its flaws . . .

I bought mine from the guy on eBay for $178. A word of warning though, if you're a stickler for perfect boxes he's probably not the person to buy from. He puts everything in a box with a bit of packing material but both my items came with pretty big dings to the boxes (I also got my drone from him).

Another note on the link up, the upgrade parts do lock the tread in place and do allow you to get the Legioss in a place where it won't fiddle around too much either. This allows you to finally be able to pick up the combined toy and have it remain looking like a combined toy. It's still not combined in such a way that you'd probably go wooshing around with it. If we're just talking fighter mode on the Legioss, the Toynami one is probably a bit better (provided it's not broken and it actually collapses together okay). The Toynami locks together in fighter mode allowing you to woosh it around all you want. The CMs has arms and legs that don't lock into anything so after one good woosh it will look like a sloppy mess.

The CMs has arms and legs that don't lock into anything so after one good woosh it will look like a sloppy mess.

Wow, mine must have tighter-than-usual joints because nothing really goes out of place if I woosh it around. I'd have to shake it pretty vigorously to make it look like a sloppy mess.

Some dude is selling them on Ebay right now for US $132,80 + SH (3 left). That is cheaper then when i bought the original.

HERE :)

Hah! Gilermo beat me to it. I just bought a set from this guy and was about to post the link for those interested. The auction is pretty hard to find for some reason.

Anyway, I'm not "in the clear" financially speaking by any means, but I guessed this was too good to pass up: Regular blue sets are going for 350+ right now (of course you can check eBay later waiting for a better offer, 356 for a set is outrageous and I have the impression that all those auctions are all from the same seller). Besides, I don't own any of the CM's sets and I told myself if I ever try them it would be a blue with special parts. I'm also frustrated of not being able to play with my Toynamies without fear of have them crumble in my hands, (I already have a few minor breakages in some of them), so so far I'm very happy with my purchase. There's two more left, if someone else is interested.

Edit: Thanks to Jenius to help me make up my mind about it.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Great to know. Just checked though and it looks like I don't have the $178 bucks to spend right now.

If I did this might be one of my first 'panel lined', weathered and stickered up ventures. I would remove the tail fins, try to lower the beta's orange bomb rack down into the unit, add some missiles to the beta wings and only display it in the famous pose of my avatar.

Otherwise it would just plain bug me too much to display with all its flaws . . .

I have a few mods for it in mind myself, but I'll have to wait until I have the toy in my hands to know if they're viable. As for the tail fins, since the first reviews of the Legioss, I'm under the impression that it's possible to carve a slot in the shoulder assembly, so the tail fin slides into it while connected to the Beta to conceal it (I kinda like the tail fins sticking out in Soldier mode). Maybe those who already own it could tell us if this is doable?

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Wow, mine must have tighter-than-usual joints because nothing really goes out of place if I woosh it around. I'd have to shake it pretty vigorously to make it look like a sloppy mess.

I've got 4 sets now but I've only handled 3 of them. While the joints are fine on them, any moderate handling will disturb the already disturbed look of the fighter. If gravity or a twisting motion doesn't disturb the arms, chances are you're going to inadvertently touch them and end up with an ugly duckling. Heck, even my photoshoots were kind of annoying because of all the inadvertent bumps to the arms. The arms not locking into the legs and the Tread not locking into the Legioss were both huge design oversights and something any future buyer should be prepared for.

As to modding the shoulders, I have no experience modding toys other than the VF-17 which was ultra straight forward. I'm sure someone could come up with a good solution but it might be better just to shave a bit off the top of the fin rather than digging into the shoulder.

I've got 4 sets now but I've only handled 3 of them. While the joints are fine on them, any moderate handling will disturb the already disturbed look of the fighter. If gravity or a twisting motion doesn't disturb the arms, chances are you're going to inadvertently touch them and end up with an ugly duckling. Heck, even my photoshoots were kind of annoying because of all the inadvertent bumps to the arms. The arms not locking into the legs and the Tread not locking into the Legioss were both huge design oversights and something any future buyer should be prepared for.

I agree, some pegs or tabs or any kind of lock would have been nice. Luckily the tension alone keeps mine together just fine.

My shelf with the CM trading figs

th_MOSPEAshelf.jpg

That CMS trading figure looks great. I haven't seen them show up on ebay. How much are they selling for as a set? Also, do the cycles Stick and Lancer on part of the figure collection or are they separate?

That CMS trading figure looks great. I haven't seen them show up on ebay. How much are they selling for as a set? Also, do the cycles Stick and Lancer on part of the figure collection or are they separate?
The seated Yellow and Stick are from the CM set. There's also the standard rifle (compatible with the CM MOSPEADAs) that comes with the standing Ray that is not pictured.

I'm not sure how much sets have been going for. I pre-ordered a box of the CMs for like $70 I think from HLJ.

Decided to take the plunge and get the set with the extra parts from joeyyamato. Figured I'd use my eBay bucks before they expire anyway. I'll be unloading the CMs Blue Legioss Set I already have on eBay when I get this set.

Jenius, I also got 2 of the Pilotless Drones from him, too, a couple weeks ago. It's too bad it doesn't have the missile bays, but it's still very cool-looking. Plus, since these are the only toys of the Drones and limited, I'm figuring they might be highly collectible someday.

I did what I think is a really good review of the drone for my site... I don't want to get people too sick of Mospeada though so I probably won't publish that review until after I get a Macross post or two up. I agree with what you're saying.

I never knew the drone was a limited edition? How many were made?

Decided to take the plunge and get the set with the extra parts from joeyyamato. Figured I'd use my eBay bucks before they expire anyway. I'll be unloading the CMs Blue Legioss Set I already have on eBay when I get this set.

Jenius, I also got 2 of the Pilotless Drones from him, too, a couple weeks ago. It's too bad it doesn't have the missile bays, but it's still very cool-looking. Plus, since these are the only toys of the Drones and limited, I'm figuring they might be highly collectible someday.

I never knew the drone was a limited edition? How many were made?

I think everything CMs makes it technically a "limited edition," though sometimes those quantities are in the low hundreds, and sometimes in the low thousands.

Is the Matchbox Invid Shocktrooper in scale with these CMs figures?
Kind of? The Shock Troopers were designed to carry 3 3/4" (1/18) figures inside. I know someone who owns one but personally I only own the scout which is packed away somewhere.

It always helps to put a number to it. How many drones were made? Im guessing low 1000's?

I think everything CMs makes it technically a "limited edition," though sometimes those quantities are in the low hundreds, and sometimes in the low thousands.