Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

With the latest toy show over now, I'm assuming that there's still no word on whether or not Megahouse will be coming out with a Shinobou/Bartley/Whatever-her-name-is ride armor?

Episode 20 was a standout for me too. The man betrayed by his friends with the kick-butt missile sidecar.

That would sure come in handy in traffic jams.

He seeks revenge only when its raining.

Does anyone have a good source to order the new Mospeada Book? I saw one link but it was all in Japanese.

Mospeada artbook

Hmv mosp artbook

( You can preorder it ..there is an english interface.)

Release date for March 2009....before next delay?

These are examples of lineart which I've found which, unfortunately, don't do me any good at trying to understand what the original name for it was. The last one says Tread, but looks to me like someboday wrote in translations of the names much later.

I'm really not trying to start any arguments here, just saying I would like to see what the original lineart said on it.

Yes, translation has been added lately. You can see this lineart without english name in B-Club special: Artmic design works.

Book details : B-Club Special...

Well, just for fun...lineart said: AB-01 Armor Bomber 01 TLEAD :lol:

akim.

With the latest toy show over now, I'm assuming that there's still no word on whether or not Megahouse will be coming out with a Shinobou/Bartley/Whatever-her-name-is ride armor?

Mega House didn't offer the slightest hint at progress for their Bartley armor. The only hint that they're even making one still lies in the poster where her sillouette is shown.

Mega House didn't offer the slightest hint at progress for their Bartley armor. The only hint that they're even making one still lies in the poster where her sillouette is shown.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Hmv mosp artbook

For some reason I think this site looks iffy. Has someone else here pre-ordered through them?

I may wait to see the new Mospeada book pop up somewhere else.

------------

There's still the rumor that someone is going to make the Invid/Inbit Commander in the 1/55 1/48 scale (humanoid pilot). That makes the most sense since they can come out with at least 3 color versions from the same mold. And I'm all for that since it will need to be fairly profitable if we ever hope to see more in the future.

Another good reason is it can have a real removable pilot. The other lesser crabs were only piloted by blobs of green jelly and what fun is that to play with? Don't answer that.

Jenius might have some inside news that he's not divulging yet. I bet its CMs.

post-8486-1235081063_thumb.jpg

There's still the rumor that someone is going to make the Invid/Inbit Commander in the 1/55 1/48 scale (humanoid pilot). That makes the most sense since they can come out with at least 3 color versions from the same mold. And I'm all for that since it will need to be fairly profitable if we ever hope to see more in the future.

Another good reason is it can have a real removable pilot. The other lesser crabs were only piloted by blobs of green jelly and what fun is that to play with? Don't answer that.

Jenius might have some inside news that he's not divulging yet. I bet its CMs.

CMs seems like the most likely bet, considering the thoroughness of their other offerings.

Problem is, I've bought Toynami and Megahouse and Beagle... basically everyone BUT CMs...

There's not really a problem for Toynami Alpha owners if CMs does the Invid mechs, just as long as they do them in the scale of their 1/48 Legioss - not their 1/18 ride armors.

And if they're starting with the commander model I'm pretty sure it would be the 1/48 . . .

There's not really a problem for Toynami Alpha owners if CMs does the Invid mechs, just as long as they do them in the scale of their 1/48 Legioss - not their 1/18 ride armors.

And if they're starting with the commander model I'm pretty sure it would be the 1/48 . . .

That's a good point. Though, hopefully, their coloring won't be too "cartoony," which is something that CMs has a tendency of doing, in my opinion.

That's a good point. Though, hopefully, their coloring won't be too "cartoony," which is something that CMs has a tendency of doing, in my opinion.

I TOTALLY agree. I overwhelmingly prefer the Toynami Alpha/Beta more military colors. If it is CMs we'll need to dull the Inbit commanders down with weathering kits I guess.

Just make them whoever you are - I will buy all 3, shiny or not . . .

The Gosu that has since gone into hiatus due to economic meltdown (I'm still holding onto a tiny bit of hope) wasn't the kind of toy that would have a pull out pilot figure, at least that wasn't the idea I was given. It was still early in the planning stages so the idea might have evolved quite a bit after I heard about it. When I was talking about it it was going to be a fairly simple toy with just enough pose-ability to have it play nice with other 1/48 or 1/55 scale toys in displays. It's hard to convince Japanese companies there's a market for bad guys so the idea was to make the toy inexpensive so people who bought expensive Legioss toys could kind of think of the Gosu as almost an accessory to their Legioss. I would pay good money for a really high quality Gosu but I'm considered a huge exception to the rule in the eyes of Japanese companies.

Screw MIB, you're going to play with it anyway.

EXACTLY!

I don't care about the box (unless it's something like Robotech Masterpiece). It can be in a ziplock bag for all that I care, as long as the TOY is complete and in good shape.

They should be nice and shiny. When they're not out in the field they're in a nice cushy Inbit hive where they're probably being cleaned by worker drones' tongues.

HOTT

The Gosu that has since gone into hiatus due to economic meltdown (I'm still holding onto a tiny bit of hope) wasn't the kind of toy that would have a pull out pilot figure, at least that wasn't the idea I was given. It was still early in the planning stages so the idea might have evolved quite a bit after I heard about it. When I was talking about it it was going to be a fairly simple toy with just enough pose-ability to have it play nice with other 1/48 or 1/55 scale toys in displays. It's hard to convince Japanese companies there's a market for bad guys so the idea was to make the toy inexpensive so people who bought expensive Legioss toys could kind of think of the Gosu as almost an accessory to their Legioss. I would pay good money for a really high quality Gosu but I'm considered a huge exception to the rule in the eyes of Japanese companies.

You know, one I think A LOT of people would pay good money for, would be a Toynami Robotech Masterpiece (Gosamu) Invid Overlord.

http://www.robotechresearch.com/rpg/mecha/...d_Overlord.html

and

http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/mecha/viewmecha.php?id=68

It actually looks fairly legit in all three forms, in my opinion.

post-7028-1235091367_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1235091377_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1235091389_thumb.jpg

I'm looking at the ebay thing, and some (let's forget the $1,100 and $900 insanity for a moment) are selling for $80, $60... the cheapest I'm seeing is $30.

This is crazy.

I think they're just attracting a bit more interest lately because of the swell of other Mospeada products out there. And they do scale nicely with the CMs Ride Armors, I believe. (At least, I see them photographed together rather often at some Japanese boards.) A little more demand an a little higher price.

They're nice toys - stressing the toy part of it - from a past era. They're not very accurate, but they're sizeable, just like a big mech should be. Kind of like Jumbo Machinders, but not as big.

You know, one I think A LOT of people would pay good money for, would be a Toynami Robotech Masterpiece (Gosamu) Invid Overlord.

No, they can keep that nasty POS.

A real invid/inbit however, I'd pay for.

In fact, with the economy the way it is, I'd almost think a cheaper Gosu toy would be a good idea for a company. I know I'm tightening up my spending, deciding not to get all of the Toynami Betas, and not to get the rare CM Legioss releases like I normally would...but I wouldn't think twice about dropping a few dozen bucks on a posable Gosu.

But seriously...no one is gonna buy that robotech bastard invid thing.

No, they can keep that nasty POS.

A real invid/inbit however, I'd pay for.

In fact, with the economy the way it is, I'd almost think a cheaper Gosu toy would be a good idea for a company. I know I'm tightening up my spending, deciding not to get all of the Toynami Betas, and not to get the rare CM Legioss releases like I normally would...but I wouldn't think twice about dropping a few dozen bucks on a posable Gosu.

But seriously...no one is gonna buy that robotech bastard invid thing.

I disagree. I think some people, like me, prefer to pay for a toy with actual playability, as opposed to a static figure.

Is that a Tatsunoko design from their work on Robotech Sentinels?

Tommy Yune design from the Invasion video game.

You sure? Because I like it, and I generally hate the derivative garbage he's done to Robotech.

Edited by RavenHawk

You sure? Because I like it, and I generally hate the derivative garbage he's done to Robotech.

Hmm... looking at it closer... it's just a Beta/TLEAD/TREAD with some Invid/Inbit curves and weapons on it... Ok, I guess I buy that it's a Tommy Yune "design."

It may be Robotech (though it was an original drawing for MOSPEADA), but I really hope Beagle makes one of these for the 'Masterpiece' collection.

vr-055_s.gif

Vostok 7

I think this is what "inspired" Tommy Yune to make the Super Cyclone.

It may be Robotech (though it was an original drawing for MOSPEADA), but I really hope Beagle makes one of these for the 'Masterpiece' collection.

vr-055_s.gif

Vostok 7

post-7028-1235108086_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1235108104_thumb.jpg

Is that the exact same chest piece?

Whats cool about it is that they wouldn't even really need to make a whole new figure. It could just be an "appendix" pack with all the parts necessary to convert either Stick's or Ray's MOSPEADA.

Vostok 7

Sadly, whether they make a Beagle Devastator Cyclone or a Beagle Super Cyclone... I'll still buy it.

I would NOT buy an Invid Overlord and I'm buying most all the cool stuff that's coming out right now.

Just sold 2 Jack Archer MPCs because, as we're discussing, times are tough and I can no longer afford to scarf up or keep things that are not from the original series.

I will also not be getting a Maia Shadow fighter no matter how its improved, and probably nothing else from the SC.

Would however get all 3 Gosu versions if they were done fairly well, removable pilot or not. But as it was said earlier, I might be in the minority wanting these mechs and companies are afraid of taking the chance on bad guys. But these can be displayed with the 4 Alphas I already have and spent big bucks on so I would get them in a second.

_____

!! Speaking of in the minority - on the Devastator Cyclone - again, this was never in the original series. I would rather have Lunk's jeep in the $39.99 range to go with my eventual $1,000 in ride-armors than one more $200 plus piece that doesn't fit with the rest. If it was part of an Appendix Pack that would be more than fine though.

Hah! When RTSC came out, I had high hopes that HG & tatsunoko remarketed it as MOSPEADA II OAV in Japan ... who knows, it could even means brand new MOSPEADA II series .... but nope!

I longed for a new Mospeada related series, just have to make do with Megazone & the BGC, its cousins!

!! Speaking of in the minority - on the Devastator Cyclone - again, this was never in the original series. I would rather have Lunk's jeep in the $39.99 range to go with my eventual $1,000 in ride-armors than one more $200 plus piece that doesn't fit with the rest. If it was part of an Appendix Pack that would be more than fine though.

Was the Devastator Cyclone just created for the RPGs, or was it in the unproduced Artmic designs?

I have a picture of a bunch of unused alternate MOSPEADA designs from Artmic, but it isn't in them.

post-7028-1235144858_thumb.jpg

Actually, I found a Devastator picture that is Artmic signed and dated:

post-7028-1235144774_thumb.jpg

Hah! When RTSC came out, I had high hopes that HG & tatsunoko remarketed it as MOSPEADA II OAV in Japan ... who knows, it could even means brand new MOSPEADA II series .... but nope!

I longed for a new Mospeada related series, just have to make do with Megazone & the BGC, its cousins!

I had similar hopes, though, realistically, I didn't believe that it would happen.

That was my suspicion as to why it was made so New Gen-centric, with no recognizable non-MOSPEADA characters, so that it could be potentially marketed in Japan as a sequel to MOSPEADA. Maybe it would have, if it had been any good.

I got into Megazone 23 and Bubblegum Crisis for the same reason, as MOSPEADAs cousins... lol