Macross Books

Penguin

Received my copy of Shoji Kawamori's Designers Note on the 24th via DHL. Couldn't believe that it arrived before Christmas but what a nice surprise. Man that book is heavy. I really wasn't paying attention to the page count so I was taken aback at the size of the book. Now that Christmas is over I am really looking forward to looking through it.

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

YF-0 doujin....really impressed by the work done by this fan....very professional looking...practically as good as a VF Masterfiles!....looking forward to seeing more...

Agreed!  I like how they not only came up with a new alternate head turret, but also revised the transformation (the parts that become the chest/upper legs).  The way the gun pod is "held" in fighter—not to mention loading a missile on top of it—is intriguing.

I'm wondering how available (or rare) this doujinshi is.

Edited by sketchley

1 minute ago, sketchley said:

Agreed!  I like how they not only came up with a new alternate head turret, but also revised the transformation (the parts that become the chest/upper legs).  The way the gun pod is "held" in fighter—not to mention loading a missile on top of it—is intriguing.

Currently available on the Mandarake website....among other places

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1155010934&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

1 hour ago, sketchley said:

O.O

1 hour ago, Photogirl said:

got this beauty in the mail today, complete will all posters

134397848_2765004810425709_6846156231120489110_o.jpg

An oldie but a goodie!

I am sure many a Macross book collection started with that very same volume of the This is Animation series...now you'll need to get Volume 5 and 7 and probably 11....if you do not have them already!

On 12/29/2020 at 5:51 PM, North of 49 said:

Received my copy of Shoji Kawamori's Designers Note on the 24th via DHL. Couldn't believe that it arrived before Christmas but what a nice surprise. Man that book is heavy. I really wasn't paying attention to the page count so I was taken aback at the size of the book. Now that Christmas is over I am really looking forward to looking through it.

Yeah, it's a great book! I love the fact that they put in English! Got mine about a week ago.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:00 PM, jvmacross said:

I tried to order the "YF-0 doujin" via Mandarake.com; however I and not finish the order due to not being able to read Japanese is there site where a non kanji reading person can order this?

6 hours ago, rdenham said:

I tried to order the "YF-0 doujin" via Mandarake.com; however I and not finish the order due to not being able to read Japanese is there site where a non kanji reading person can order this?

Yes, however, they are completely in Japanese....which would require you to use a proxy....which would translate into more money to buy it....

The link I provided should work...it is a link to the "English" listing of the doujin......if you get stuck at any point in the process you can always "right-click" and select to translate the ordering page....assuming you are using Google Chrome as your browser....You need to have created a Mandarake account first before ordering...

On 1/15/2021 at 1:20 PM, jvmacross said:

Mikimoto Book now "delayed" to......

2021/12/30 - 2022/01/02

At least it will be the best Mikimoto Macross book ever! Right?  Right?!? :rolleyes:

So... any artistically-minded soul want to photoshop Mikimoto's head onto Duke Nukem's body?

46 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

So... any artistically-minded soul want to photoshop Mikimoto's head onto Duke Nukem's body?

The worst outcome would be finally receiving a book that any soul could have put together with photoshop using existing Mikimoto art...;)

But seriously, not sure what art we have not seen (other than maybe MtF)...unless they go with the same concept as Kawamori's recent books showing the "artistic" process to get to a finished illustration....an up-to-date comprehensive collected Macross works will still be appreciated...in either case, until it is officially cancelled...I have no other option but to continue to wait....

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Gimme a minute....

991574026_MikimotoNukem.thumb.jpg.bf2a7c1fcabb6d9803fd7629f3c36f80.jpg

He's here to publish artbooks and chew bubblegum... but he lives in Japan's strategic bubblegum reserve, so we're in for a bit of a wait.

On 1/16/2021 at 2:20 AM, jvmacross said:

Mikimoto Book now "delayed" to......

2021/12/30 - 2022/01/02

At least it will be the best Mikimoto Macross book ever! Right?  Right?!? :rolleyes:

No problemo I'm not so enthusiastic about it anymore hahaha

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2020 at 1:26 PM, jvmacross said:

YF-0 doujin....really impressed by the work done by this fan....very professional looking...practically as good as a VF Masterfiles!....looking forward to seeing more...

large.thumbnail_20201230_125202.jpg.5bee

large.thumbnail_20201230_125220.jpg.1560

large.thumbnail_20201230_125258.jpg.a878

large.thumbnail_20201230_125323.jpg.3b2b

large.thumbnail_20201230_125357.jpg.45f6

large.thumbnail_20201230_125403.jpg.9a68

large.thumbnail_20201230_125423.jpg.6275

large.thumbnail_20201230_125427.jpg.4068

large.thumbnail_20201230_125450.jpg.050a

large.thumbnail_20201230_125502.jpg.799b

Looks like another VF doujin from the same publisher is available on Mandarake....I assume the quality is on par with the last issue...

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1158662998&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

05010318660.jpg

05010318661.jpg

05010318662.jpg

05010318663.jpg

05010318664.jpg

05010318665.jpg

05010318666.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

• 3 weeks later...

There's an English version of Mikimoto's Character Design book but supposedly took out the Macross content. Boo!

But does anybody remember how many pages of Macross content did the Japanese version had? I don't have it, since I was waiting for that other book of his that was supposed to have been released like, years ago?  :D

Edited by hachi
lol figuring how to embed the tweet

Not much.....I think I posted that info when it came out...it's in one of these pages...probably easier to find it via google than on the search within this site

As for the "English" version....easy pass without the Macross content....lame!

Edited by jvmacross

29 minutes ago, hachi said:

There's an English version of Mikimoto's Character Design book but supposedly took out the Macross content. Boo!

But does anybody remember how many pages of Macross content did the Japanese version had? I don't have it, since I was waiting for that other book of his that was supposed to have been released like, years ago?  :D

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/29133-macross-books/?do=findComment&comment=1406066

On 4/7/2021 at 10:37 AM, hachi said:

I demand a new version with the Macross stuff put back in!!  :lol: