Jump to content

Macross Books


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Can’t imagine how big a YF-19 at that scale and how expensive it’s going to be. :rolleyes:

... and then there's me just going "WANT!" at the prospect. :good:

Assuming the date doesn't get pushed back, two weeks until the book drops... I'm glad I got my preorders in in the first wave.

I'm surprised and slightly gratified to know it has English text.  It'll save me some time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Global said:

Hi, after knowing it will have english text I'm definitively grabbing one. Amiami seems the best place to grab one so fat, is there any other good option?. Also, are any delays expected with shipping as the release date falls in the christmas season?

If you want it shortly after release, hope for Amazon.jp to open it up for overseas delivery....if that happens I will be switching my HLJ PO and hope to get it in my hands via Amazon's DHL shipping in no time!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 9:51 AM, no3Ljm said:

Ofcourse! One to read. One to keep pristine. And one to sent to CGC for grading and framing. :rolleyes:

Hahaha! J/K :lol:  Don't mind me, I'm just messing with JVM.

Are you sure? Read my comment above. :rolleyes:

 

Back to the topic though. I hope the english content are not limited to the image captions.

 

It's really tempting to get another copy to keep 'pristine.' :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

December 4th coming soon! :)

https://twitter.com/MasterFileblog/status/1329007005759991808

 

Just noticed on some clearer pictures, we have Japanese text(expected), English Text (awesome), and Zentradi!???
https://www.amazon.co.jp/マクロス-河森正治デザイナーズノート-河森正治/dp/4797397187

Gotta break out our Nichimo Zentradi stamp kit translation aides!  :)
S

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be interesting if the new Kawamori VF book sheds any light into the new claim from Bandai that alleges the head units on the TV and DYRL VF-1S were originally meant to be different.  AFAIK, there are no differences to it in the currently available lineart....."currently" being the key word.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eXis10z said:

Can anyone enlighten how different is this to the valkyrie one? 

 

56ABC0D4-311B-49B3-A530-A0737C021AA7.jpeg

The upcoming Kawamori Designers Note will contain "rough" illustrations that detail Kawamori's evolution of several of his Macross VF designs from concept to finished design......

The Macross Variable Fighter Designers Note, for the most part, highlights the lineart of the final design for most of the VF's created by Kawamori so far....it is an excellent book....cover to cover is 100% full of VF lineart....you definitely get your money's worth on this book....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @jvmacross! Not sure who's the best person to ask this. But just in case, do you know if there's an available Complete Art Work or kind of like Visual Art Book for Orguss specific? The only ones I see are This Is Animation type of book that has more episode screenshots. I don't mind to see character design pages, but I was hoping that there will be some books out there that 3/4 of it are more mechas.

Thanks in advance.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The upcoming Kawamori Designers Note will contain "rough" illustrations that detail Kawamori's evolution of several of his Macross VF designs from concept to finished design......

The Macross Variable Fighter Designers Note, for the most part, highlights the lineart of the final design for most of the VF's created by Kawamori so far....it is an excellent book....cover to cover is 100% full of VF lineart....you definitely get your money's worth on this book....

Thank you for sharing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey @jvmacross! Not sure who's the best person to ask this. But just in case, do you know if there's an available Complete Art Work or kind of like Visual Art Book for Orguss specific? The only ones I see are This Is Animation type of book that has more episode screenshots. I don't mind to see character design pages, but I was hoping that there will be some books out there that 3/4 of it are more mechas.

Thanks in advance.

 

Sorry, but I only collect Macross.  With that said, do you have the This is Animation Orguss books?....there are 2-3 of them I think.  If they are anything like the Macross releases....then they should cover quite a bit of lineart including the mecha.  Other than that I have seen several Orguss furoku that cover the lineart from the show.....like this one.....https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/l520911522?conversionType=search_suggest

I am pretty sure the TIA books would have what you seek

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it has his box art drawings/sketches he did for the model kits...I did not know they existed until I got the recent hobby Japan retro special.

Come on hlj... send me the its arrived notification :)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Sorry, but I only collect Macross.  With that said, do you have the This is Animation Orguss books?....there are 2-3 of them I think.  If they are anything like the Macross releases....then they should cover quite a bit of lineart including the mecha.  Other than that I have seen several Orguss furoku that cover the lineart from the show.....like this one.....https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/l520911522?conversionType=search_suggest

I am pretty sure the TIA books would have what you seek

Thanks JVM! :drinks:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shawn said:

I hope it has his box art drawings/sketches he did for the model kits...I did not know they existed until I got the recent hobby Japan retro special.

Come on hlj... send me the its arrived notification :)

I hope so as well... I'd love to see those printed!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at that Twitter feed, this should've been a hardbound. It's so thick. I wonder how much DHL shipping cost is going to be. :rolleyes:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Macross Fans are really getting spoiled at the end of the year...nice way to close out 2020! :drinks:

We're also going to welcome 2021 with Hikaru's VF-4A too. Even if it's going to get released late January. :yahoo:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Maybe we'll see some other design variations like the VF-1C too?
Should be released now...so where it be?!

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

VF-1C details would be great.....maybe we can finally get some info on that variation

Eh... you'd probably be pretty disappointed by that one, TBH.

We've had info on the VF-1C for a bit over twelve years now.  It debuted in the first volume of the novelization of the Macross Frontier TV series back in July 2008 and was referenced again in the Macross Frontier short story Actor's Sky in Macross Ace magazine in 2010.  It's a detuned VF-1A built for the civilian market.  Looks exactly the same as a regular old DYRL? VF-1A brownie.  Mihoshi Academy's flight school has a number of them that are used for practical flight training.  Akira Kamishima, the actor who played Shin Kudo in the Macross Frontier fleet's movie "Birdhuman" trained on one for the role.

 

I'm looking forward to a few things that're not so well documented that have already been confirmed to be in the book... like the VF-1SOL-S Valkyrie from Scrambled Valkyrie.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Eh... you'd probably be pretty disappointed by that one, TBH.

We've had info on the VF-1C for a bit over twelve years now.  It debuted in the first volume of the novelization of the Macross Frontier TV series back in July 2008 and was referenced again in the Macross Frontier short story Actor's Sky in Macross Ace magazine in 2010.  It's a detuned VF-1A built for the civilian market.  Looks exactly the same as a regular old DYRL? VF-1A brownie.  Mihoshi Academy's flight school has a number of them that are used for practical flight training.  Akira Kamishima, the actor who played Shin Kudo in the Macross Frontier fleet's movie "Birdhuman" trained on one for the role.

 

I'm looking forward to a few things that're not so well documented that have already been confirmed to be in the book... like the VF-1SOL-S Valkyrie from Scrambled Valkyrie.

 

Not sure what you are referring to but the VF-1C Shawn and I were commenting on was the "alternate" VF-1D found in these pics....

large.1568974215_Macrossfurokuplayingcar

gallery_12176_640_120988.jpg

20200429_173856.jpg

 

As far as I know it was only referenced as a VF-1C in this booklet.....

gallery_12176_640_18354.jpg

 

Do you have a pic of the VF-1C you are referring to from Macross Frontier?

 

Also some rough VF-1SOL lineart was already included in the Kawamori EXPO book from a short while ago....but yeah hoping for more...

large.20190923_213918.jpg.a59c7954278fc1

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Shawn said:

So in stock Dec 15th? (If I understand that?)

image.thumb.png.f51e53107c183d3633914a86201967f7.png

If the item status in the page is 'In Stock' it means that it's available. The date indicated is the estimated delivery date if you order it now (in most cases it arrives earlier than that estimate unless DHL has an issue delivering at your place in a timely manner)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...