Macross Books

Penguin

So they shipped via DHL, and tracking already says it's delayed lol. Let's see how it goes. I got another shipment from the US the other day. It was relatively fast in that I expected it to arrive next month.

Edited by hachi
added see

7 hours ago, hachi said:

So they shipped via DHL, and tracking already says it's delayed lol. Let's see how it goes. I got another shipment from the US the other day. It was relatively fast in that I expected it to arrive next month.

DHL has been having occasional hiccups recently.

On 9/25/2020 at 9:17 PM, Mommar said:

DHL has been having occasional hiccups recently.

I got the package from DHL. Fortunately they resolved whatever the delay was. It was quite fast. Now my only problem is the not shipping to my location part for some of the books I wanted.

10 hours ago, hachi said:

I got the package from DHL. Fortunately they resolved whatever the delay was. It was quite fast. Now my only problem is the not shipping to my location part for some of the books I wanted.

The Mikimoto book that seems to be in perpetual delay seems to be on the list of books that cannot be shipped overseas....funny thing is I already have a PO on it....hopefully I will still be able to get it via AJ

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2020 at 9:34 PM, sh9000 said:

The release date of Macross-Shoji Kawamori Designer’s Note is 12/4 and is now 624 pages.  No change to the price.

B8607286-5475-4A9E-91D2-4D216FB54E47.thumb.jpeg.954a5b5b991eeb22113e490b85fbe390.jpeg

Nice.  I've got two copies on order already... fingers crossed for no more delays. :) 

Darn, I its says sold out on HLJ.  Did I miss my window or do they often come back on sale after release date?  Amazon isn't delivering outside Japan are they?  Where can I still order one of these books if I live in Canada.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:49 AM, jvmacross said:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10713168

Amazon Japan made the last few Macross books available for overseas shipping on or near release day......which had previously also been unavailable for PO

I am hoping the same goes for the Kawamori Designer's Note....I currently have one at HLJ which I will drop if AJ opens up

Shoot. I'm late in this game. Is there anywhere else I can place an order of this book?

Edit: Preordered at Amiami. Here's the link: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=MED-BOOK-016616

Edited by no3Ljm

On 11/7/2020 at 10:34 AM, sh9000 said:

The release date of Macross-Shoji Kawamori Designer’s Note is 12/4 and is now 624 pages.  No change to the price.

B8607286-5475-4A9E-91D2-4D216FB54E47.thumb.jpeg.954a5b5b991eeb22113e490b85fbe390.jpeg

It might be caught up in the Christmas shopping season? I'll probably have it shipped next year then.

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Wait, we need a reason to get multiple copies?

Ofcourse! One to read. One to keep pristine. And one to sent to CGC for grading and framing. :rolleyes:

Hahaha! J/K :lol:  Don't mind me, I'm just messing with JVM.

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Just one for me....the Collector Code is optional for books! 

Are you sure? Read my comment above. :rolleyes:

Back to the topic though. I hope the english content are not limited to the image captions.

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

yeah, for me...optional...only because for the most part I can easily find another copy if I needed to a year later without having to spend at least double the price for it!  Try doing that with a DX VF-1.....:wacko:

With the DX VF-1's? So true. :unsure:

Hahaha! :lol: Not for me with the DX 1/48’s. I’m just happy on completing Hikaru’s ride this time around which I know I’ve said to myself when I started getting the 1/60 scale. But at DX 1/48 scale, I can’t do it since they’re huge. Can’t imagine how big a YF-19 at that scale and how expensive it’s going to be. :rolleyes: