Macross Books

Penguin

11 hours ago, jvmacross said:

just don't count on a reliable release date...lol

Speaking of... did you notice what Amazon has as a pair-with item for this?

A Master File for the M9 Gernsback AS from Full Metal Panic!.  The only other GA/SoftBank tech manual series I've been paying attention to has been Master Archive Mobile Suit, but this might be worth getting.  

4 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Speaking of... did you notice what Amazon has as a pair-with item for this?

A Master File for the M9 Gernsback AS from Full Metal Panic!.  

No idea what that is :unknw:....just Macross for me these days..I never really was able to get into any other anime....recently, I even tried watching some of the stuff available on Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc....I can never get past just a few minutes

14 hours ago, spanner said:

I have some points to redeem at CDJ and hopefully more once they ship my VF-1J so I will hold off till they list it.

This is what I’m waiting on too.  And they’ll ship books FedEx.

Edited by Mommar

Looks like the next Mikimoto Macross Art book was pushed back a few extra days to 04-03-2019.

Now when will the 4th Sorties book come out?  Although if it means waiting for a few more Macross HM-R releases, like the VF-4 and perhaps even the Tomahawk and Phalanx...I guess I can wait a bit longer ^_^

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Looks like the next Mikimoto Macross Art book was pushed back a few extra days to 04-03-2019.

Now when will the 4th Sorties book come out?  Although if it means waiting for a few more Macross HM-R releases, like the VF-4 and perhaps even the Tomahawk and Phalanx...I guess I can wait a bit longer ^_^

Do you have a link? I saved a link in Amazon but now it's not working (shows error).

48 minutes ago, hachi said:

Do you have a link? I saved a link in Amazon but now it's not working (shows error).

I receive the same error....still in my order history on Amazon.jp though, hope it was not cancelled.....maybe something to do with the release date change....although I am sure it will have plenty we have already seen in other of his artbooks,  I am hoping it has a few pages covering his MtF character designs....I'd be disappointed if it did not...;)

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Seems the book has gone stealth....but here's the ISBN....pretty sure it will be available beyond Amazon.jp once a release date gets locked in...

Kadokawa Shoten / A4 / 3000 / ISBN: 9784041065068 

Thanks! I didn't preorder as I was waiting for it to be in stock so that I could ship it with other books. I may not be justified but it seems a waste of shipping fees to me if you ship only one book haha.

On 12/31/2018 at 12:52 PM, jvmacross said:

Seems the book has gone stealth....but here's the ISBN....pretty sure it will be available beyond Amazon.jp once a release date gets locked in...

Kadokawa Shoten / A4 / 3000 / ISBN: 9784041065068 

Which is this? I'm not getting a hit for my searches.

If HLJ gets this could you please post a link.  Somehow I never seem to get the right hits when I search on HLJ - I guess my HLJ-fu is weak, although I seem to do fine with google.

On 1/7/2019 at 5:26 PM, Skullsixx said:

ve been wanting this since 1986. For me, it's the Holy Grail of DYRL books. It's finally been added to my collection.

Congrats! That is indeed the Holy Grail!

Grabbed one as soon as I could back in the late 80’s. Luckily there were a few floating around the LA comic scene back then. 

Just got an e-mail informing me that the book ahead of the VF-11 Master File in the publication queue (the M9 Gernsback Master File) got pushed back a month from mid-January to late February... seems a safe bet the VF-11 Master File also got pushed back.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:26 AM, Skullsixx said:

Mac002.jpg.d2e9a5dc285ab8aa4beb63d8c3666d16.jpgI just scored this today! IMac001.jpg've been wanting this since 1986. For me, it's the Holy Grail of DYRL books. It's finally been added to my collection.

Mac004.jpg

Damn, it must be years since I looked through mine. This is making me all nostalgic, gonna have to crack it open tonight,

On 1/7/2019 at 7:26 PM, Skullsixx said:

Mac002.jpg.d2e9a5dc285ab8aa4beb63d8c3666d16.jpgI just scored this today! IMac001.jpg've been wanting this since 1986. For me, it's the Holy Grail of DYRL books. It's finally been added to my collection.

Mac004.jpg

I love that book. I went on a treasure hunt for it before the days of ebay.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Cdjapan finally posted their link for the Variable Fighter Master Fighter book for those of us with points to spend.  Looks like they’ve raised their shipping rates on FedEx and DHL though.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2323838

Yeah, I found that out the hard way a couple days ago on the shipping score... 

Pretty much cleaned them out of their remaining stock of old Master File volumes for my translation project.... the box was heavy enough that FedEx sent two guys to deliver it.