Macross Books

Penguin

Classic TIA volume, which Mari Iijima autographed for me when she visited Pittsburgh, PA a couple of years back.

MariIijimaautographedMacTiA.jpg

As you can well imagine, this is a really exceptionally special piece of my collection. :wub: When I first got into Macross back in the mid-80s I never EVER would have dreamed I'd get to meet her.

(I think a while back I posted a pic of my BGM vol 1 LP that she also autographed for me.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's the same book - the "old" link is of the dust cover, the "new" link is of the actual cover.

I was wondering if this Macross/Orguss Design Works book is updated or simply a reprint?

This one looks new to me because the cover is different

http://www.nippon-export.com/catalog/produ...oducts_id=11104

Older cover

http://www.hlj.com/product/MOV01629

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody know anything about this?

WORKS―the ART of HIDETAKA TENJIN (DENGEKI HOBBY BOOKS)

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/404868521X/ref=...283952_pe_ar_d2

Further info here: http://hobby.dengeki.com/books/1003tenjin.html

I think there was a thread in MW about the book, too.

Guys, talking about Macross books....someone already have peeked/own Visual Collection Sheryl Nome ???

If so can you comment on the content, quality? perhaps post some preview scans?

I don't have the book out to get scans, but I can tell you that if you are a fan of the character, this is a great book. Lot's of scrumpdidleumptious photos. One of the books I was more than happy to pick up for sure. I don't think you'd be disappointed at all.

Hi, please someone can tell me wich one is the best and complete haruhiko mikimoto illustrations book for Macross series?

Thank´s.

There really isn't one. All of his books are always mixed in with other anime that he's done.

• 1 month later...

Got these today:

NewMacrossstuff.jpg

The large book is sweet, character sheets and the like. This is a sample of the inside:

NewMacrossbookinterior.jpg

That's a nice lineart book. I'll have to see if Kinokuniya has it. BTW, could you provide the ISBN of that book? Thanks

I went to Kinokuniya today, but I didn't see that lineart book. I want to have that, too.

See here for futher details on the Movic Macross F book: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30860&st=175&p=847120&fromsearch=1entry847120

BTW, could you provide the ISBN of that book? Thanks

I'm not sure if it even has an ISBN. It's bar code number is: 4961524457304

Edited by sketchley

I have most of these. They are usually full of character bios, line-art, and sometimes unique Macross illustrations. The Macross Dictionary furoku is pretty big and the others are fairly short, 10 - 20 pages.

They are usually sold by themselves and rarely sold with the coresponding magazine issue.

Has anyone seen the 15th Anniversary Live-Concert program book? It has photos & images from Macross, Macross 2, Plus & 7, Yoko Kanno, etc.?

Yeah, I had this book, well more like a pamphlet a little while back. It came in a weird size, somthing in between A4 and A5 and only had like ten pages or so. If I remember correctly it did feature various images and photos from various Macross series (mainly Mac + and Mac 7) and the Yoko Kanno concert.

Here`s my humble collection I`ve built up very slowly over the last 15 years. To feel generally satisfied ( besides an SDF-1, Super Ostrich, Max-1S and GBP-1S!) I just really need the Gold Book to complete my collection to a `good enough for now, for a poor guy` status). Anyone know how much the Gold Book generally goes for these days? Are prices going up, down or stable?

4698606590_b10b2404ca_b.jpg

Here`s my humble collection I`ve built up very slowly over the last 15 years. To feel generally satisfied ( besides an SDF-1, Super Ostrich, Max-1S and GBP-1S!) I just really need the Gold Book to complete my collection to a `good enough for now, for a poor guy` status). Anyone know how much the Gold Book generally goes for these days? Are prices going up, down or stable?

4698606590_b10b2404ca_b.jpg

Hey, humble or not, you got some great stuff there, and you shouldn't be humble about it.

post-582-127649172592_thumb.jpg

post-582-127649177416_thumb.jpg

post-582-127649182119_thumb.jpg

post-582-127649187185_thumb.jpg

post-582-127649192472_thumb.jpg

post-582-127649198559_thumb.jpg

post-582-127649203847_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonc

post-582-127649280208_thumb.jpgpost-582-127649282174_thumb.jpgpost-582-127649284161_thumb.jpgpost-582-127649289162_thumb.jpgpost-582-127649292582_thumb.jpgpost-582-127649274515_thumb.jpgpost-582-127649276485_thumb.jpgHere's better sized pics of them. Here's most of my collection in sections, and I didn't take them out cause it'd take way too long, and some is missing for a project my wife is doing. Additionally to this, I have the manga of Mac7 trash, original and the new printings, SDF Macross Manga, and Mac: The First. For macross Chronicles, I have them all, finally, but it doesn't show here (project). Sorry if the pics are large.

• 2 weeks later...

Great collections JasonC and Million Star! Noticed you don't have any GunBuster or Megazone 23 artbooks. Plan on getting any? Mikimoto did some great work on those. :)

If I could find some gunbuster books, I'd get a couple. Actually, I have one that's got Gunbuster and Diebuster art, but that's it, and it's not really art intensive. I have quite a lot of other books, but those are just the Macross/Robotech books I have.

See here for futher details on the Movic Macross F book: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30860&st=175&p=847120&fromsearch=1entry847120

I'm not sure if it even has an ISBN. It's bar code number is: 4961524457304

Just picked up a copy @ Kinokuniya in San Francisco for $14. They still had quite a few left, along w/ 2 of the other art books from the movie and the Ranka/Sheryl dedicated books.

Oh there are some great GunBuster books out there. Not to derail this thread but check out the Yahoo Groups for GunBuster for more details.

Still you have a solid Macross artbook collection. Are there any Macross doujinshi hidden in those shelves? :)

There are a couple in there somewhere, but they've already been posted up in here.

Got the Macross Manga brick #5 today!!! These things are so sweet. In this issue we have a little Macross Plus action and of course MIKIMOTO Haruhiko's Macross the First Manga.