Macross Books

Penguin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another delay to the Mikimoto Art Book.... :unknw:

Thank you for using Amazon.co.jp. 

This is to inform you that the scheduled delivery date has been changed due to changes in the release date of the following products reserved by customers.     Mikimoto   Haruhiko " Mikimoto 

Haruhiko Macross Art Book" 
Expected delivery date: 2020-02-03-2020-02-06 Mikimoto 

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

This is to inform you that the scheduled delivery date has been changed due to changes in the release date of the following products reserved by customers.     Mikimoto   Haruhiko " Mikimoto 

Looks like the budget I reserved for this book will be going somewhere else this year. :lol:

On 9/2/2019 at 10:54 AM, jvmacross said:

GAGraphic: "Master File books are always two months late"
Mikimoto: "Hold my sake."

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

With all the extra time it is taking to release this book, you'd hope that would just mean more time to find stuff that has actually never been seen before, right? Right?!?! ;)

Either that or the publisher's made such a pig's ear of the layout and print quality that they keep rejecting proof prints of the book.

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Either that or the publisher's made such a pig's ear of the layout and print quality that they keep rejecting proof prints of the book.

Let's not forget what happened with the "Kazutaka Miyatake Design Works" artbook: some of the images in the final book were extremely low-rez placeholder images (if the minimum DPI for publication is 300, these were at the net's standard 72), as well as someone being a little too overzealous with Photoshop's magic wand tool and "cutting out" part of the SDF-1's thigh on the back cover. ;)

. . . and that book was delayed, too!

Edited by sketchley

• 2 weeks later...

The Kawamori EXPO book has shipped to those that ordered it either at the Expo or via Satelights online store. 

Its a pretty expensive and rare piece so I’d recommend that anyone who secured a copy doesn’t flood the forums with pics of the contents just yet (as you might have noted most Japanese purchases on twitter are only posting the cover with 1 or 2 content shots max).

To anyone that got one - you’re in for a real treat :-)

27 minutes ago, spanner said:

Have there been any other Valkyrie Masterfile releases or announcements? 

None that I have seen, recently anyway... the last book they put out from a series I was following was a Master Archive book for the Nu Gundam from Char's Counterattack.

12 hours ago, spanner said:

No worries, the last Valkyrie book was the VF-11 yes?

That's the most recent Variable Fighter Master File book, yeah.

Kind of a so-so book, but it answered a few questions I had so I'm prepared to call it a success.

13 hours ago, hachi said:

Nice! Was it worth the price? And I mean, in terms of unpublished vs published content ratio.

To me, yes...to the average Macross book collector, probably not...his previous "Design Works" book or the more recent "Macross Variable Fighter Designers Note" Book would be a bigger bang for the buck, especially if you just want Macross content....I am a Kawamori fan, but not really a fan of any of his non-Macross works.....I have not gone over every Macross illustration in the book to be able to answer any questions regarding previously unpublished art....but it is definitely in there and I am sure that would also include his non-Macross work...

On 9/23/2019 at 11:17 PM, jvmacross said:

large.20190923_213918.jpg.a59c7954278fc1

Very cool! On the bottom of the right hand page, that appears to be the VF-1SOL-S design from the Super Famicom game. It says "scramble valkyrie" above the image, and the year matches the year the game came out. I recall there being some debate as to whether or not Kawamori was actually responsible for that design.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Yeah, that kinda settles it rather definitively... and means I'm going to have to bite my tongue and buy a copy of this book.  

Good luck...the selection available on YJA has currently dried up....the other source I am aware of will set you back a bit, including the proxy fees