Macross Books

Penguin

On 11/13/2017 at 11:52 PM, jvmacross said:

Was hoping someone else would picture bomb this time....^_^

Here are some more....

As you pointed out....no VF-2 love at all......Also missing are the Varauta VFs...in any serious detail at least....;)

Glad to be of assistance! :D Half thought abt printing out some vf-2 valk lineart off the net and slotting it in between some pages for a more complete book haha...

Here's a bit more....

The much favorited armored vf-11

5a0c0fb69b6ca_WhatsAppImage2017-11-15at5_47_32PM.jpeg.e1cbf670823dab083e5bdbd1b30de468.jpeg

And some interesting concepts from macross zero...

5a0c0fdd3731d_WhatsAppImage2017-11-15at5_47_44PM.jpeg.6d04dec4fdebc9449366bd7925429521.jpeg

5a0c10038766f_WhatsAppImage2017-11-15at5_47_58PM.jpeg.2465307ccbe164b9c33450316ba3f4f3.jpeg

5a0c0fc8a1c3b_WhatsAppImage2017-11-15at5_47_10PM.jpeg.2f3203aa07a3e292979f218a209c1a5a.jpeg

Gee i wouldnt mind bandai/arcadia/anyone release concept valk toys..that would be an instabuy....

Glad those SV-52 concepts were dropped...they look too much like a combo of a VF-11 and VF-22......I think Kawamori came to the correct conclusion that an Anti-UN mech could not resemble anything UN designed, which carries forward to the latest SV designs we saw in MD...

Edited by jvmacross

Hi fellow Macross fans!

I don't use forums much, but I just signed up here because I need to ask a favor based on something that I found posted in this thread. It is in regards to the art book "Macross Delta Character Design Works".

I lived in Japan for 5 years and moved back to the US a couple months ago. At that time I had to mail all of my belongings here. One box never arrived, and it contained most of my art books and booklets from concerts and musicals, along with other things I am sad to have lost. I had the book mentioned above, and planned to use it as a reference in making my cosplay of Mirage's pilot suit, which I am working on now. I am a bit of a perfectionist and like to use the notes from the designers to help make certain choices on the cosplay.

There were some pictures of the book posted on December of last year by jvmacross. However, I can not see everything on the page I need, including the hand written notes.

Is there a possibility that someone with the book can scan or take pictures of the following page in a high enough quality that the little notes are legible?  I just need everything above the blue box (top two designs) on the left page. The final design (not shown, but I have pictures and figures) incorporates some of each, and it would be really helpful to me to be able to see them!

Thank you for any help! m(__)m
gallery_12176_640_1830465.jpg.37b9fff9953afd43ac03d80816a9ecff.jpg

10 hours ago, Major Focker said:

31.thumb.jpg.1b9c8860517b97dfc6a7c6ae205c8718.jpg

Thank you so much! If I may ask, was there another page with Mirage designs after this one? I seem to recall a few more things, but they were not in the other post, so I wasn't sure if I was thinking of something else. If there is another page and it isn't too much trouble to post or send it to me, that would be awesome!

On a side note, if I can be of assistance to anyone translation requests, I would be happy to. n_n

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Hiriyu said:

@jvmacross Great photos. I've never seen the colorized pictures of the pre-production Megaroad and Breast Fighter before, only the b/w lineart. Very neat to see these, thanks.

You are welcome!

Not sure and I have no idea where I have them at the moment, but the Document of Macross furokus from a few years ago had some color images of pre-production/concept Macross mecha....but not sure if the two you are referencing may have been two of those included in those furokus....

Here are the links to them...they start on page 7 of this thread if you want to take a look....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/29133-macross-books/?do=findComment&comment=989969

Thanks for the link. I had seen the colored pictures of the Megaroad in Cruiser Mode before - I think that it appears in several of the common source books (Miyatake Design Works etc) but your above post was definitely the only time I've seen colored artwork of the attacker configurations. I do believe that I have seen the colored early versions of the Gerwalk armor suit and pod from your link before, but it's always nice to see more of those images archived here :)

On a semi-off topic tangent, looking at the Breast Fighter and the very early versions of the Valkyrie always gives me the distinct impression that Miyatake had a very heavy influence on the final design of what we know as the VF-1. 

Edited by Hiriyu

• 3 weeks later...

I’m a little behind on this subject, but in reference to the Model Graphix Macross Archives book that was released earlier this year, I think some people may have been under the impression that it’s an all-inclusive collection of every article that Model Graphix has published on Macross modeling subjects. It turns out that it’s more of a “best of” collection of articles rather than a complete one. It’s still a beautiful book with tons of great modeling, but I think there have just been too many Model Graphix Macross projects to fit in one book. I just wanted to mention that for expectation management, in case someone is looking for a particular past article and orders the book expecting it to be included. On the flip side, the book also seems to include some new modeling that was not featured in the original issues, which I’ll explain below.

I had been looking for the April 2001 issue of Model Graphix for some time and just recently found it on eBay. It has about a dozen VF-1 modeling projects featured in it and includes the artwork for one of the sets of special edition decals that Model Graphix produced with Hasegawa. It features photos of builds for each of the schemes in the artwork. Out of all the excellent articles in this issue, only one of them is in the new Model Graphix book - the SVF-113 VF-1J in kind of a gray low viz camo scheme. In the original issue, this  VF-1J was depicted as a modified Hasegawa kit converted to Battroid mode (long before the Battroid kit was produced). The new Model Graphix book has a single photo of the original Battroid followed by a bunch of pictures of a STRIKE VF-1J fighter in the same paint scheme. It looks like the original modeler expanded on the subject by building the STRIKE fighter. Beautiful modeling, but also interesting to see how the new book introduced some new modeling content that was not included in the original issue.

I think the Model Graphix book is fantastic and well worth the cost (to me, at least). I just wanted to share what I discovered though, because if you’re looking for a particular old modeling article, you might need to keep searching for those original issues.

Happy holidays, everyone!

Thanks for bringing this up...again.....

I basically just have an appreciation for the time and skill that go into the Macross kits....I no longer collect or build them.....I do still collect Macross books, it doesn't bother me to find out that it was not as "complete" as maybe you thought it was going to be.....I do not think there has ever been a "complete" book resource for anything Macross....otherwise, why keep buying them?  ;)

Maybe there are enough "missing" Macross kit builds for a Model Graphix Macross Archives Vol 2?  I kind of doubt it, but you never know....but you can bet I'll buy it if it does get published! :rolleyes:

On 12/21/2017 at 8:01 AM, jvmacross said:

Just going to throw this up here....

Finally received my Macross 35th Anniversary stamps!  No time to open them up at the moment, but will post more pics when I get a chance....

large.20171221_094848.jpg.d8100d9e2b585d

large.20171221_094834.jpg.56b872679eb363

:)

I’ve seen pics posted of the cards it comes with.  Those are also nice.  I can’t wait to get mine.

On 12/29/2017 at 2:48 AM, sh9000 said:

I’ve seen pics posted of the cards it comes with.  Those are also nice.  I can’t wait to get mine.

At this point I may as well look up those pics as I still haven't had the time to open up one of my sets.....BTW...on its way...apologies for the delay!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This showed up on AmiAmi's pre-order list today.

Macross Music Interview Collection 1982-2018 (BOOK, Tentative Name)(Provisional Pre-order)
マクロス音楽証言集 1982-2018 (書籍・仮称)

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=MED-BOOK-011528&page=top

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Hoping we get a 4th Sortie book soon....getting tired of the modeling archive books

Sortie No. 4 ... and VFMF for any other fighter... VF-11 maybe, or VF-17/-171 ?

Just now, jvmacross said:

Or they could take a VF-break and do an all-Zentradi Mecha volume....:unknw:

sold!:D

Some [by which I mean many] glory shots of capital ships would be welcome as well..................

Edited by slide

On 8/28/2016 at 12:55 AM, jvmacross said:

Macross Zentran Capital Ships doujin by Fanky.....

gallery_12176_640_219843.jpg

gallery_12176_640_331947.jpg

:)

Anywhere to find this book ? (secretly crossing fingers for a positive answer)....