Macross Books

Penguin

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice pickup jvmacross. Romancer really has the Mikimoto style down right.

I was going to post something on that order...sometimes he out-Mikimotos,,,Mikimoto! Especially when he does the "early" Mikimoto stuff (SDFM/DYRL-era) which I still prefer to all of the style changes Mikimoto has gone through over the years...the most recent change done for Macross the First is pretty good...

However, Romancer seems to struggle with capturing the look of Ebata's style for Macross Frontier...although he seems to get it right sometimes....

Thanks...not really into the Macross doujins...but Romancer's appreciation of Mikimoto's old school style makes them hard to resist.

That's why they are pretty much the only ones I have. I've never been into them as well. I'm usually an "official" book collector, but some of this stuff is too cool, and too hard to resist as you indicated. I was really excited to get the SDF books that were a more recent release, the ones you posted above. It's a part of the Macross-verse that's unexplored, so I like that someone wanted to fill it in with their own designs. Interesting stuff.

The Macross UN Spacy capital ships doujins are really nice. Three released so far as far as I have seen. I wouldn't be surprised if they go onto the enemy ships next.

Here are the other two....

Can't seem to find a copy of the first one for love or money... got the second one. What's in the third?

Can't seem to find a copy of the first one for love or money... got the second one. What's in the third?

The "third" one is actually the first one released...as far as I can tell....it seems to cover SDFM/DYRL/M7...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29133&p=1251185

So these are the covers to the 3 books in this series so far:

med_gallery_12176_640_1670989.jpgmed_gallery_12176_640_915296.jpg

med_gallery_12176_640_1290708.jpg

med_gallery_12176_640_527170.jpg

med_gallery_12176_640_1186390.jpg

med_gallery_12176_640_692559.jpg

So which one are you still missing?

the one with the front and side profile of the SDFM SDF-1 on cover was published August 2014 (in print)

IGH_top.jpg

超時空要塞マクロスシリーズ異伝

統合軍史

the DYRL SDF-1 on cover, published December 2014 (out of print)

gnnga01_top1m.jpg

銀河の戦艦 第1集

統合軍の艦艇(1)

the New Macross on cover, published December 2015 (in print)

ginnga02_top1.jpg

銀河の戦艦 第2集

統合軍の艦艇(2)

which are you missing?

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

the one with the front and side profile of the SDFM SDF-1 on cover was published August 2014 (in print)

IGH_top.jpg

超時空要塞マクロスシリーズ異伝

統合軍史

the DYRL SDF-1 on cover, published December 2014 (out of print)

gnnga01_top1m.jpg

銀河の戦艦 第1集

統合軍の艦艇(1)

the New Macross on cover, published December 2015 (in print)

ginnga02_top1.jpg

銀河の戦艦 第2集

統合軍の艦艇(2)

which are you missing?

I'm looking for multiple copies of those first two... I've already secured copies of that third one (Unified Forces 2) for myself and Mr March.

Only site for books in Japan that you can buy from directly that I know of is Amazon Japan and some of the shops that also sell toys like AmiAmi and HLJ....anything else you'd have to use a proxy buyer...

What a pity, I would be very good that those who live in Japan and are users of MW, could make an e-shop for such things only get there and are not sold in any trade as hlj and amiami, etc. actually it looks very good these books. I'll try to get it. Thank you for all that you have shared.

Enticing images. Some of these look quite good. It's really nice to see many of these ships from these angles. While they all turned out just as I suspected they would (since I spend my days doing nothing but slobbering over Macross artwork), it's still great to see the details and proportions in schematic views.

if you have a proxy buyer in japan, which should be very easy to find, here are some links to book 0 and 2.

http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/article/04/0030/21/70/040030217075.html

http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/article/04/0030/36/38/040030363800.html

Do any of those shops have an online retail presence?

If so, can you provide some links?

No International Shipping Service Available. Sniff, sniff :(

You probably need to set up a third party proxy account through rinkya.com or one of the others. It gets a little expensive, but worth it for those items you really want to have.