Yamato 1/60 v.2 Cannon Fodder

ff95gj

sorry, dude.

head pilot is actually right this time about the CF1A-dyrl having black-stripped shoulders ala Skull squadron:

post-263-1249116029_thumb.jpg post-263-1249116682_thumb.jpg

for consolation, there's no "red" on it, however, so head pilot prolly did indeed mixed up Hikky's 1A with the actual CF1A-dyrl. ^_^

but wouldn't you know it, another potential CF-1A variant with poor Kakizaki's green-chest/colors. :o:lol:

This is the movie version with black stripes, not red & black as head pilot mentioned. I've seen them in my super plastic manual macross book and gold book I believe. Let me dig it out.

Anyway, I am skeptical that Yamato will bring the variant out, but who cares and I'd get one if they do. That's what V2 is all about, complete line, all color paint scheme..... :lol:

I thought I am the only one having the problem, so have you emailed them to tell them about it? I've tried it couple days and it is still the same.

I placed an order last week and had the same issue. They are aware of the problem; they gave me their info and allowed me to pay them directly via Paypal. I got a reply the other day with an apology and that my order had shipped (tracking info included) B))

Edited by VF1A-FAN

I placed an order last week and had the same issue. They are aware of the problem; they gave me their info and allowed me to pay them directly via Paypal. I got a reply the other day with an apology and that my order had shipped (tracking info included) B))

OverDrive = AWESOME !!! :D

Well no email back to me yet. I didn't expect one during the weekend but it is currently Monday 10:15 PM in Japan.

I got an email reply from them within 5 mins after I emailed them.

They allow me to send payment for the V2 that I ordered via paypal directly.

Well no email back to me yet. I didn't expect one during the weekend but it is currently Monday 10:15 PM in Japan.

I just emailed them around 10am Monday morning Japan time and have not heard from them either. Maybe they are doing A LOT of work to get the shop shut down for their vacation? I hope you hear from them soon. Or at least get your items soon. Good luck to you.

Man all I know is they BETTER ship my Kaki and my CF-1A before they go on vacation! Had them ordered since freakin May!

same here, I'm wainting my kaki movie version. I realize that should have bundled my order according to the release date.

I just emailed them around 10am Monday morning Japan time and have not heard from them either. Maybe they are doing A LOT of work to get the shop shut down for their vacation? I hope you hear from them soon. Or at least get your items soon. Good luck to you.

No news from my regular webshops Amiami, Hobbysearch nor HLJ. Guess they're all preping for the long vacation. I know I would too. :lol:

Guess I'll wait patiently till the holidays are over. Luckily, neither Amiami, Hobbysearch nor HLJ needs to be paid in advance for pre-orders.

It doesn't seem to have the Tampo printing the 1J had. Curious as to why that is considering the 1A came out later.

Yep, it's quite blatantly missing all of the tiny yellow markings that the 1J was blessed with - about 4 per side. Strange decision.

Maybe they forgot, maybe they thought the darker colour made the yellow look a little too conspicuous.

No, the 1/60 VF-1 are all made in the same factory.

I spoke with Yamato yesterday about the difference in tampo printing and they said that basically they are experimenting with each release to see what looks best. I told them the 'more is better' approach is the best.

Anyway, I just picked up the new cannon fodder VF-1A TV type and noticed that it has "Prometheus" tampo printed on the tail fins. Way cool. That to me makes up for the loss of the other small markings.

Graham

I spoke with Yamato yesterday about the difference in tampo printing and they said that basically they are experimenting with each release to see what looks best. I told them the 'more is better' approach is the best.

Anyway, I just picked up the new cannon fodder VF-1A TV type and noticed that it has "Prometheus" tampo printed on the tail fins. Way cool. That to me makes up for the loss of the other small markings.

Graham

No need to do experiments in each release. The more is always better if they can do up to the smallest markings like all those "no steps" on both wings, nobody will complain I assume.

Graham

Never noticed the Prometheus marking on the tail fin from the pics until you pointed out, Graham. That is good news. I've been tempted several times to put these on both IJs but think the stickers cheapen the look.

I think the IJ markings are fine but would have been perfect with the Prometheus on the tailfins. So an amalgamation of both experiments is the ideal. However, I'm not so sure about lots of tiny no-step markings on the wings. It might look too busy.

Can Yamato give us decals instead of stickers too?

I don't know about the costs; but stickers sometime cheapen the overall crispy look of the Yammies.

At least for the VF-1's; they have the economies of scale for sure.

I don't know about the costs; but stickers sometime cheapen the overall crispy look of the Yammies.

At least for the VF-1's; they have the economies of scale for sure.

Master Grade Gundam kit heat transfer decals would be excellent but might require some thin varnish if you plan on transforming / handling a lot.

I applied some waterslide custom decals to my v1 1/60s a few years back and thicker varnish was required to make them actually stick to the Yamato plastic / diecast parts. Depending on the section that the varnish dabs were applied to the results went from excellent to OK and in the case of the strike cannon... disappointing.

Yellowing can be a problem however.

I can see why Yamato use the stickers rather than decals - they're more durable, require less work and easier to apply but tampo is the way forward.

Graham

Tell them that they need to print everything, period. Yes, that means the "No Step" markings too. I put them on my V2 Roy 1S and it looks great, but it's a pain in the arse.

-Kyp

so it seems that we've been buying experimental Yammies for almost a year now :wacko:

valk w/ crappy shoulders hinges, valk w/ non-cracking but looser hinge... valk w/ these markings and that, valk w/out... valk w/ markings tampoed, valk stickered up to match... valk w/ PITA crotch, valk w/ new crotch :blink:

they could've just asked from the start... poll here would probably have 99% say print everything. <_<

As a semi-good model builder, I kind of like applying all the stickers IF they are "good quality". I would prefer water slide myself and wouldn't consider it a pain to apply them. I think its fun. HOWEVER, that being said, nothing beats the look and durabilty of the Tampo stuff. So I say Tampo it up!! Sure makes panel lining a whole lot easier.

I wouldn't mind the Yamato stickers so much if they either:

A. Cut them closer to the marking. The amount of the extra clear flashing around the marking is seriously to much on most of them and completely unnecessary.

B. If they gave me a non-die-cut sheet. Trimming the flashing off a die-cut sticker is a pain. If I have to go through all the trouble of cutting, I'd rather just cut the whole thing off the sheet to begin with. At least that way I can get closer to the marking.

But yes, Tampo is best. And more is bestest! ^_^

Graham

GREAT! Thanks Graham. You are the man!

You mean like WaterSlide decals? That would be excellent. I agree that the stickers they have sometimes make the VF-1 look cheap.

so it seems that we've been buying experimental Yammies for almost a year now :wacko:

valk w/ crappy shoulders hinges, valk w/ non-cracking but looser hinge... valk w/ these markings and that, valk w/out... valk w/ markings tampoed, valk stickered up to match... valk w/ PITA crotch, valk w/ new crotch :blink:

they could've just asked from the start... poll here would probably have 99% say print everything. <_<

I personally would not say to tampo "everything". But, a lot of tampoing I would not mind at all.

YES - tampo print away! I don't do stickers . . .

I do when necessary.

That would look horrible! Much like a tatted out person that mutilated their body.

Agree and Disagree. It depends on how much tampoing gets done.

Had to send over drive a second email. Got an answer early yesterday morning. Told I can pay by Visa or the email the paypal info. Said, paypal please. It has been a day and half since then. You guys rave about them but so far in my experience their customer contact service is lacking.

Had to send over drive a second email. Got an answer early yesterday morning. Told I can pay by Visa or the email the paypal info. Said, paypal please. It has been a day and half since then. You guys rave about them but so far in my expensive their customer contact service is lacking.

The first time I dealt with them thy were great but when they fraked up my vf-22 order ( their CC service took my money but they didn't generate an order on their website) it took several days and multiple emails before they resolved the issue... which they felt was to give me a refund via paypal (I had paid by credit card) because *I* had caught the error over a month later and it was too late to do a charge back.

I would have appreciated an incentive to keep shopping with them but they offered me none... I think twice before I order with them now, there has to be a pretty sizable cost savings over HLJ before I place an order with them. And now I've learned to double check to make sure the order went through.

I'll say Tampo all, EXCEPT for the pilots names...

Dreading the name Warmaker on a CF valk! :(

Not the name... the whole Warmaker CLAN, stationed on the Prometheus.

Heh. Did I mentioned my CF-1J had been here a whole 2 weeks, but I've yet to open it?

Edited by Lynx7725