Yamato 1/60 v.2 Cannon Fodder

ff95gj

Wow, while that is nice, I wish I can get a non troubled VF-1S so it can transport the VD-1D cockpit. Hopefully I'll ghet one that don't have shoulder issues.

While I admit I don't transform my Valks much, all of my new 1:60 ver 2's have been perfect so far....even my 1S. As for Max and Kaki, go for it man, they are flawless in my book!

^^^ I wonder, where can I reliably get a Ver.2 VF-1S. I'm about to pull the gun on Toy-wave's web site. I have order lots from them without problems. I wouldn't mind getting it else where if it is a real V2 VF-1S. Is there any way of telling which version is it?

Again, thanks for answers guys!

^^^ I wonder, where can I reliably get a Ver.2 VF-1S. I'm about to pull the gun on Toy-wave's web site. I have order lots from them without problems. I wouldn't mind getting it else where if it is a real V2 VF-1S. Is there any way of telling which version is it?

Again, thanks for answers guys!

I don't think it's too hard to find any V2 valkyrie at this point. I wonder if you are talking about 2nd batch of V2, but I don't think 2nd batch of VF-1S has been released unless you are talking about the low viz VF-1S.

Hmmm, So if I buy all the 1/60 newer versions, that means all of them will at least have the kites tampoed on the side of the cockpit... right? I'm curious. I have all the old school 1/60 and just the new VF-1D. If all of the new 1/60 include at least the kite and the UN SPACY tampoed on on the side of the leg, I might start collecting them. I've been out of the loop for a long while. I'm working on a new scy-fi animation and it leaves no time for anything.. I have not even looked at my 1/48 for months, maybe even a year :(

Be warned, once you get a version 2 1/60 and get over the lightness of it due to the materials used, the new tinted canopy, the sharp, tight construction and those crisp tampo markings begin to weave their magic.

They will make your old school collection and your wallet cry. They look so much better, you will want them all. You'll need them all! ^_^

Any v2 1/60 perched on a flexidisplay stand is a thing of considerable beauty.

I don't think it's too hard to find any V2 valkyrie at this point. I wonder if you are talking about 2nd batch of V2, but I don't think 2nd batch of VF-1S has been released unless you are talking about the low viz VF-1S.

My mistake... Yes the second batch of V2 VF-1S (the good ones) Believe me the only V1 1/60s on my display are the VT-1 and the Elint. I have All of the others, but they are boxed. Sadly not in sealed boxes, since I actually ply with my toys. I remember a few months back I saw an online video review of the new 1/60 V2 models. The guy transforming it was dogging at all of the "idiots" who bought the original V1 models(detachable leg design). It made me upset because if it weren't for all of us idiots buying those first releases, the new designs would have never been developed. Sorry if this person frequents these forums(i don't really know) but sir you're a proper c@ck.

The holy grail of my collection is all of the 1/48s I have collected. I have so many of them, I think I went way overboard. I have nearly 15 of them boxed and never opened since I bought doubles and triples. I have 6GBP armors, around 12 super/strike armors, you name it. In the other hand I always wanted to have the 4some of the TV valks. I have only purchased the 1D 1/60 V2 and it hasn't left the box. I don't know why? I think I might be scared about the shoulder breakage I read about. Same thing with the Yf-21 and VF-11b, they are still in the box... :mellow:

I think I'm loosing my passion for this... I would not sell a single one of them, but I'm not as exited as before. Last year my X-wife past away, so it can very well be that... I wouldn't wish this to even my worse enemy(if I had one)

I wasn't sure if these lasted long enough to get dirty before they blew up. But I figured there were at least 1 lucky bastard every now and then. ^_^

Amazing job on those panel lines. You used a gundum marker or diluted paint? They both look good. And some good shots too. Don't forget about the Strike A Pose thread.

Just got my first 1/60 the other day after hemming and hawing about it for about a year.

I have a few more on order and am looking forward to the CF valks. The pics in this thread really make them look great. Those will come down the road though...only so much money.

I can't recall, was there ever a CF 1S in the series? If so I wonder if Yamato would ever put that out...

Just got my first 1/60 the other day after hemming and hawing about it for about a year.

I have a few more on order and am looking forward to the CF valks. The pics in this thread really make them look great. Those will come down the road though...only so much money.

I can't recall, was there ever a CF 1S in the series? If so I wonder if Yamato would ever put that out...

No I don't think so.

There are couple scenes of CF 1J in the first episode when the SDF-1 was first launched and later episode when Hikaru was in training.

No I don't think so.

There are couple scenes of CF 1J in the first episode when the SDF-1 was first launched and later episode when Hikaru was in training.

Another appears in Episode 5(?) being moved up an elevator to the daedlus

Another appears in Episode 32 sitting down in the middle of a battle field.

Vi, Maiden and Roy: Thanks for the info regarding the CF's...

The CF's are now firmly slotted on my list, somewhere before or after the M&M 1J's depending on their release date.

I'm going to need to pick up a set of TV Super Armor for them too after seeing some of pics in this thread. The armor looks really good with the color scheme of the CF's.

Can I also say that I really am enjoying the new 1/60 mold. All the tampo markings and whatnot are dynamite.

Another appears in Episode 5(?) being moved up an elevator to the daedlus

Another appears in Episode 32 sitting down in the middle of a battle field.

Hey roy are you talking about CF 1S actually appeared in these scenes or you are adding more scenes on what I can remember?

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the compliments! I do use pro-modellers wash, but I panel line first with gundam markers.

I also painted the arm missiles, reactor missles and inside of the manuevering thrusters red. Some scenes of the series had them that color so I thought it would look neat on the TV Valks.

This is a repaint of the CF VF-1J in a more darker color tone than the color it originally came in. The original color was almost like a cream mocha color and the legs did not match the color on the rest of the body. And it also did not match the cannon fodder color tone from the TV series. I am not sure why Yamato did this, but good thing it is a easy fix. A little westhering was added as the 1J pilots are skillful enough to keep their mecha running a little longer than the 1A jocks.

Right out of the box:

post-7534-1251653275_thumb.jpeg

After repaint and light weathering:

post-7534-1251653290_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1251653303_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-1251653314_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1251653323_thumb.jpeg

It came!

Actually I think it might have came 2 days ago. I have a small mall box and then there are these neighborhood bigger boxes. If you have a package the mailman leaves a key for the big box for you. For the last few days one of the boxes was in use but no one picked up their stuff. Today I get a key to that box. Well at least I got it.

This is my 2nd v2 VF-1. The first being the VF-1D. I picked the "D" because it was a variant I never had. 2-seats new head. I already owned a VF-1A, VF-1J & VF-1S in 1/48th. The VF-1D was a new toy for me. Already having a 1/48 Mass Production Valkyrie I didn't really need a new V2 1/60 version of the same toy. Face it even with the TV style head and correct pilot suit it is the same toy. I really dig the Brown VF-1A. It is not a hero mecha. It doesn't stand out in the crowd it is the basic grunt (canon fodder) VF. When I'm running across the freeway with my VF-1A. I can imagine that I'm or anyone is the pilot. Can't do that with Roy's VF-1S or the Max Valks. Only played with it for 10 minutes. Compared to the VF-1D I see improved QC. No parts were stuck or stiff. Everything bends, pops, swivels and hooks with ease. I didn't have a even a tiny heart attack during transforming or play. Now to think about getting my next Valk.

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I've posted anything...

But I just paid for my very first V2 Valkyrie, the VF-1J Mass Production from Hobby Link Japan. I also got a Super/Strike FAST Pack set to go along with it. Though HLJ may be a tad more expensive than Overdrive, I'm really impressed with it. After going back and forth with HLJ's customer service over a problem with my credit card (my bank flagged a transaction from Japan as "suspicious activity and froze my account), I gotta say they're a top-notch outfit. I was promised that my order would be expedited because of all the trouble I had with trying to process my order. The rep that I was in email correspondance with was someone named "Corky" :blink: , but he was very friendly, courteous and quick to respond to my emails.

Hopefully I won't have to wait a month for it to get here to the US...but time will tell.

Been a while since I've posted anything...

But I just paid for my very first V2 Valkyrie, the VF-1J Mass Production from Hobby Link Japan. I also got a Super/Strike FAST Pack set to go along with it. Though HLJ may be a tad more expensive than Overdrive, I'm really impressed with it. After going back and forth with HLJ's customer service over a problem with my credit card (my bank flagged a transaction from Japan as "suspicious activity and froze my account), I gotta say they're a top-notch outfit. I was promised that my order would be expedited because of all the trouble I had with trying to process my order. The rep that I was in email correspondance with was someone named "Corky" :blink: , but he was very friendly, courteous and quick to respond to my emails.

Hopefully I won't have to wait a month for it to get here to the US...but time will tell.

Yeah my experiences with HLJ have been good too... When I told them my VF-1S had the broken shoulder they sent me a replacement arm free of charge! I find the price diff btw them and overcharge is nothing when sent out by SAL. IF sent out by SAL!!! I am still considering getting either the CF 1A or the CF 1J... I can't decide! I think the 1A is almost too dark, while the 1J is too light! (though from what ive seen the TV super parts look better on the 1J)...

I will decided for you get the VF-1A.

HLJ got my business this time when Over Drive Customer Service only responded to half of the emails.

My Bank sorta did the same thing when I first ordered from Hobby Search. Merchants sometimes will test your card by charging a dollar and refunding it right back. Days (weeks) later the actual charges will appears. Your Credit Card sometimes see that charge, especially from another country as a possible suspicious activity. Before they freeze your account a Credit Card issuer automated phone system will dial your number on file and you will be able to approve the last few charges.

Your bank should have done the same. Make sure your phone number on file is current.