Macross Frontier Figures

CF18

I would steer clear of toyslogic.

Pre-Ordered a HJ exclusive figure from them because I missed the order deadline.

After paying the full amount on the week when the figure was released in Japan, I never got the figure 6 weeks later.

Eventually I bought one from Y!J and asked toyslogic for a refund (which was the only good thing I have to say about them, since I did get the money back).

My hopes for a Figma-like Sheryl is probably a pipedream, so this is the next best thing. I like this Sheryl, and really, it's one of the least pervy Sheryl statues I could get. Some of the other ones, my gf would not approve. I'd get the whole, "That promotes an unhealthy body image of women. Do you want your daughters to see that and compare themselves to that? Blah blah blah, nag nag nag." Then I would go, "What kids? We ain't got no freaking kids! Now go make me a sandwich!" Okay, that last part was just a joke. I wouldn't be alive if I ever said that to her.

Edited by pud333

My hopes for a Figma-like Sheryl is probably a pipedream, so this is the next best thing. I like this Sheryl, and really, it's one of the least pervy Sheryl statues I could get. Some of the other ones, my gf would not approve. I'd get the whole, "That promotes an unhealthy body image of women. Do you want your daughters to see that and compare themselves to that? Blah blah blah, nag nag nag." Then I would go, "What kids? We ain't got no freaking kids! Now go make me a sandwich!" Okay, that last part was just a joke. I wouldn't be alive if I ever said that to her.

Aye, if I could get any of them, I'd probably hear the least about the blue/red uniformed Sheryl - but only if I NEVER utilized the cast-off feature.

Lolicon: did you just pick those up at a local store? I think it's kinda funny you didn't want loliKlan, considering your handle.

Tell her your Sheryl figure is keeping you faithful. =P

Lolicon: did you just pick those up at a local store? I think it's kinda funny you didn't want loliKlan, considering your handle.

Nyan Nyan Ranka and Klan were reprints. Only difference was the color of their stands.

Edited by nanoplasm

lol well despite my handle, I'm not really a Klan fan. And like nanoplasm said, those two are really reissues of previous figures. I picked them up from a hobby shop in Tokyo.

Looking forward to the new Ichibankuji figures of Sheryl and Ranka, but I'll wait till after the initial rush and price spikes and pick them up later once prices have settled. Paid too much for the previous figures IMO and now they're selling for considerably less in aftermarket shops.

Fortunately my gf loves to buy anime figures as well so that problem is not an issue for me. However, while she has no problems with nudes or risque she considers all Sheryl figures so far to be either bad sculpts, too trashy or just to plain ugly to sanction. Personally I'd love to see a flightsuit or uniform Sheryl in the Megahouse Excellent Model range, like armored Klan, or something from similar quality ranges from other manufacturers.

Fortunately my gf loves to buy anime figures as well so that problem is not an issue for me. However, while she has no problems with nudes or risque she considers all Sheryl figures so far to be either bad sculpts, too trashy or just to plain ugly to sanction. Personally I'd love to see a flightsuit or uniform Sheryl in the Megahouse Excellent Model range, like armored Klan, or something from similar quality ranges from other manufacturers.

She does not approve the latest SQ Sheryl Figures? :huh:

My gf doesn't watch Anime, so she doesn't understand it. It's all good. She accepts me spending money on Valkyries, and that's all that matters. :)

She does not approve the latest SQ Sheryl Figures? :huh:

Fraid not. The 1/8 emotion was the one that got closest to approval, but was rejected as too tacky.

My gf doesn't watch Anime, so she doesn't understand it. It's all good. She accepts me spending money on Valkyries, and that's all that matters. :)

hehe, good to hear, that is the most important bit. ^_^

Edited by Bri

Fraid not. The 1/8 emotion was the one that got closest to approval, but was rejected as too tacky.

Script-wise... IMHO the Emotion Sheryl is the worst of them all... :wacko:

The Megahouse ones are better furnished, while the 1Kuji ones capture Sheryl's script better to my taste.

I think the best Sheryls in terms of quality and actually looking like Sheryl are the Megahouse concert Sheryl (red or blue versions) and the Ichibankuji kimono Sheryl.

Others either are lower quality but decent looking (SQ figures) or are pretty high quality but I feel don't really look like Sheryl (black and white rabbits).

Of course my personal favorite Frontier figure is still the Super Dimension Cinderella Ranka. ^_^

Ranka's features translate better into figures. Sheryl seems to present a bigger challenge.

A lot of sculpters like to overstretch the body too much imo, especially the otherwise great looking 1Kuji is guilty of that. The megahouse concert version probably has the best facial sculpt, maybe the megahouse action figure's face is a bit better, but I have only seen pictures of that one.

Overal I think the Banpresto game prize bikini has the best proportions and the latest SQ the best pose, but both unfortunately are lower quality given their price range. Would have loved to have seen a premium version of those.

I've got good hopes for the upcoming 1kuji with flag. Hope the paint job will do them justice.

Overal I think the Banpresto game prize bikini has the best proportions and the latest SQ the best pose, but both unfortunately are lower quality given their price range. Would have loved to have seen a premium version of those.

We definitely have completely different appreciation for figures. XD

I too agree we all have different opinions and tastes. Which is fine and let's just share thoughts.

Megahouse's army suit Sheryl, while the best in production quality, IMHO I still don't think the face script is right. Her expression is so serene that it doesn't match her passionate performance.

That's a bummer you have to get permission/approval from the GF to buy a figure. While I do understand some figures are a bit out there, I'd think the only one that would be questionable would be the Pin-up art Sheryl. I think the best looking one is probably the M.H. Sheryl in blue, then the Kimono Sheryl. My wife thinks they look great. She's not going to buy them for me, but when she sees one I don't have, she asks if I'm going to get it. I think she liked the Kimono one best, as it's very articulated. I'm looking forward to the next Kuji version.

:o I really don’t know why, don’t ask me. What I can say is that’d be a very miserable man.

.. hahaha because the crouch look bulky.. just like.. uhm.. male crouch hahahah.. demn i felt ackward.. is it just me? or others feel the same?

Edited by valid

I'd be worried if it was bulging forward. The curvature downward is just camel toe. Overall, the figure does look a bit thin, but if I remember correctly, the film showing her in this outfit was drawn with her looking a bit thin. I'm interested to see what it'll look like painted.

The thinness is further exaggerated by the relatively small heads, but both figures have very nice poses. Curious as well what the fully painted version will look like.

That's a bummer you have to get permission/approval from the GF to buy a figure. While I do understand some figures are a bit out there, I'd think the only one that would be questionable would be the Pin-up art Sheryl. I think the best looking one is probably the M.H. Sheryl in blue, then the Kimono Sheryl. My wife thinks they look great. She's not going to buy them for me, but when she sees one I don't have, she asks if I'm going to get it. I think she liked the Kimono one best, as it's very articulated. I'm looking forward to the next Kuji version.

She doesn't mind out there, it's more a case not liking the looks of most of the Sheryl figures so far. We both collect figures and have limited space, so we both agreed to have a say in what get's bought. In the end she buys more then I do, so I use the veto more often.

Edited by Bri