Vintage Trading Cards Thread

Totoro242

This is the Sticker Collection 2 display box (I don't own this box yet and I'm just providing it for reference):

ohsatostickerbookpt2box.JPG

Collection 2 sticker book. I have two of these, but I don't yet have enough extra sticker cards to sticker an extra one. Both sticker books have line art and text in them. They are about 5" x "3".

ohsatosticker2.JPG

Oh, people are definitely looking. :)

If you want to know exactly how many times, upload your picture as an attachment and you can see precisely how many times it's been downloaded (you have to be logged off to see the numbers).

Of course each thread has it's own hit counter, but there's no way to tell how many of those hits came from bots.

Just the two you started in the Wanted section a while back :)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...4&hl=ohsato

When the discussion for starting up this "Collectors" section started, Shawn put out the idea for possibly incuding wanted items such as trading cards, I would assume if directly related to a "Collectors" topic.

I suppose we could start a new "Ohsato Trading Cards and Stickers" thread here...

• 6 months later...
I have some old large size Ohsato cards that I want to share with you.

So far these cards are not shown on galleries, nor anywhere on other websites as I know.

These cards are mentioned here on ToyBoxDX.com under "strung card set". I have 28 different cards in my set, but 2 cards you have pictured are not in my set so that brings the total up to 30 cards to make a complete set :)

The cards came 3 to a pack and the packs came punched and tied together on a string. The artwork on these is amazing, some of my favorite!

• 7 months later...

Recently I purchased these cards from ebay.

Rare vintage menko cards from unknown manufacturer.

I've not seen anybody posted these stuffs, so I want to share with you.

Each card is 45mm x 75mm and printed on thick card board.

post-6518-1271364108_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1271364142_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1271364170_thumb.jpg

post-6518-1271364201_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maiden Japan

I\'ve seen those occasionally at YahooJP auctions. I love the totally wild graphics!

Roy Fokker karate-kicking the Zentraedi soldier is one of the best!

The painted ones are beautiful. They would make great posters - images of a Macross time long past.

Did anyone make giant circular Macross menko, like this Gundam one (in my collection)?

3841825758_9e965c78db.jpg

Edited by AcroRay

I\'ve seen those occasionally at YahooJP auctions. I love the totally wild graphics!

Roy Fokker karate-kicking the Zentraedi soldier is one of the best!

The painted ones are beautiful. They would make great posters - images of a Macross time long past.

Did anyone make giant circular Macross menko, like this Gundam one (in my collection)?

Yes!

Seika Note made these circular menko/milk cap tops for Macross also, including some giant-sized versions.

I have a couple of them and I think even some doubles. I'll probably be selling some of them very soon. Supa-cheesy stuff.

Edited by Totoro242

• 9 months later...

Awesome!

Here are my super-sized Macross cards next to my regular sized trading cards :)

Having the original box is awesome JV! Maybe someone can translate the box cover? It seems to indicate there are "3 somethings, 1 something, and 4 somethings!"... I see 3 giant cards and 4 smaller cards in your pics, but maybe 1 card is missing?

ohsatolargecard.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Sorry for digging up an old thread. Any collectors here managed to complete the 2 Ohsato's stickers album of 124 stickers and able to share the full images of all the stickers here? I personally have the book 1 but still lacking lots of stickers. Hopefully I can see the full glory of the completed albums here:)  

29 minutes ago, flayn80 said:

Sorry for digging up an old thread. Any collectors here managed to complete the 2 Ohsato's stickers album of 124 stickers and able to share the full images of all the stickers here? I personally have the book 1 but still lacking lots of stickers. Hopefully I can see the full glory of the completed albums here:)  

I believe you are referring to the cards from Ohsato that come in these 2 boxes....

large.636040184_OhsatoMacrossset1and2fro

...with these booklets....

large.P1160266.JPG.feba8504b5ccf93bd4447

large.P1160264.JPG.2299a338fa024371adb0f

......I can post them as soon as I can find them, which may be a while....

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...