I got high hopes for this, I really do.

From what what I've seen of the shaky cam trailer, the mecha are oozing a certain lushness and emotion that really pulls you in.

I can do without the sterile CG tech demo that is in Macross Frontier.

I didn't have much of an issue with the CG in Macross Frontier except for the lack there of. Frontier was more dialouge and character driven than a mecha-orgy fest of awesomeness.

I think going this route in animation is just fine as it's worked for Gundam for a very long time, 2010 is still so far away but I at least have something to look forward to and this will SO be on my Blu-ray wants.

Wow. This is exactly how I want it to be... very clean presentation, character design that sticks to the root, cool mecha that mixes with old and new designs, no heavy CG but high quality traditional animation, ambiguous return of Char's voice... have been waiting for a UC Gundam show like this to show up for a really long time. As long as the story doesn't suck, the DVDs will be mine. Looks like its almost time to build my MG Unicorn.

Edited by mpchi

• 2 weeks later...

The trailer does look quite interesting. Nice to see more non-CG UC Gundam (though Igloo was great). The Youtube comment spoilers were annoying as usual. You've got to love jackasses that know full well that most english speaking fans haven't read it, and love to impart their knowledge. :roll:

I look forward to seeing this.

But then there is also that 00 movie that needs to happen. I think it's out in December, correct? (though maybe 2010...)

The first Special Edition of 00 comes out in November. The actual movie is looking at a 2010 release date. Unicorn is looking at a Spring-2010 date.

• 1 month later...

Does look good. Hope the story delivers as well (but having sold a lot of copies of the novel, it can't go too bad...I hope). As long as its a quality show, don't mind getting all the DVD releases. Heard its released worldwide at the same time. Wonder how much a pop for the U.S. release in March.

I am feeling the hype already. More and more toys and model kits coming out. Even a transformable diecast GFF Metal Unicorn will come out in March as well. Can't wait for some U.C. goodness...

Just a quick question. I could be wrong but doesn't Audrey Burne look a bit like Mineva Lao Zabi, but obviously grown up? I mean Zeta happened in 0087, and this is 0096, so I think she's the right age... And I'm getting the sneaking feeling that this info was brought to light before somewhere...

Those GMs are pretty awesome. Wonder if there will be MG kits for those.

I think there will be. The main Gundam already has a MG model, so I think it will be for most of them

If we're talking about the Jegan, then I wouldn't hold my breath.

The Jegan was introduced with CCA and to this day there is still no MG representation.

Just a quick question. I could be wrong but doesn't Audrey Burne look a bit like Mineva Lao Zabi, but obviously grown up? I mean Zeta happened in 0087, and this is 0096, so I think she's the right age... And I'm getting the sneaking feeling that this info was brought to light before somewhere...

Yup, she's Mineva alright.

I'm really excited about this anime (and that's rare), can't wait to get my hands on the DVDs

• 3 months later...
Sinanju and Unicorn are already out. Kyshatriya will probably not come out since its so big. So the most likely MG's will be Geara Zulu, Jegan, ReZel and Delta Plus.

I can see a PG Unicorn coming out, seems they like making 1 PG for any recent series that comes out. Too bad they can't go back and make an RX-79G...

Assuming Z TV is still canon, then Kamille would rather saw his own leg off than pilot again. And if he did, Fa would probably beat the crap out of him. As for Judau & Lou, then both when to Jupiter, and while they could feasably be back by 0096, the Zeta Movie canon pretty much erases ZZ's existence.

Assuming Z TV is still canon, then Kamille would rather saw his own leg off than pilot again. And if he did, Fa would probably beat the crap out of him. As for Judau & Lou, then both when to Jupiter, and while they could feasably be back by 0096, the Zeta Movie canon pretty much erases ZZ's existence.
Zeta tv is still "official". There's an interview somewhere and Tomino basically says his wife has never liked Zeta and some of the Movie treatment was done to appease her. Soooo basically the movie version was how he would have done it if he hadn't been so depressed and misogynistic at that time....

The Gundam movies for the most part kind of enjoy the same relevance to their tv series counterparts that DYRL does.

Zeta movies don't necessarily erase the whole of Double Zeta, it's only the direct beginning that would have to be re-written.

The main characters and the first Neo Zeon rising are all still plausible.

I hope one day Tomino will also do a Double Zeta movie trilogy thing.

But please more darker and grittier in tone.

Edited by lechuck

Zeta movies don't necessarily erase the whole of Double Zeta, it's only the direct beginning that would have to be re-written.

The main characters and the first Neo Zeon rising are all still plausible.

I hope one day Tomino will also do a Double Zeta movie trilogy thing.

But please more darker and grittier in tone.

Actually, doesn't Axis falal into federation hands at the end of the 3rd movie? That more than anything erases ZZ.

Well it doesn't really matter because it's an alternate retelling of the story. We're not talking GAIA GEAR or G-Saviour here. Just look at the MSG trilogy, they totally removed whole units like the G-Armor for instance and they're not considered "unofficial" now.

The events of ZZ is still canon in Unicorn at least. One of the Unicorn character's background is directly tied to events in ZZ.

Finally watched the 1st 7 min., sucks without subs, and no appearance of the Unicorn at all. Still, looks like it's going to be great, and I'm glad to see them stay away from that sterile CG stuff that MF abused way too often.

Just watched it. Very epic! Old school animation ftw!!

It would help if I was actually well-versed with the key happenings in UC though. I'm not sure who are the factions fighting now.

Londo Bell, Earth Federation, Viste Foundation, Sleeves, etc

A tad disappointed about the unicorn's screentime which was as expected but overall pretty awesome 1s OVA. Can't wait for the next!

And wow Benarghe wasn't quite emo-annoying as i expected....at least he knows Kung Fu! :ph34r: