"Pointless battle scenes"! It's the battle scenes that make this OVA IMO, certainly not the story and dialogue.

Or to put it another way, I don't watch this OVA, for the seemingly endless scenes of Banagher explaining why it's good to feel sad and cry......yawn! Me wanna see lots of scenes of big stompy robots blowing each other up in glorious high definition...........LOL!

Although I appreciate how people who are into the novels may be upset that the anime adaptation is not 100% faithful.!

Want to ask, what was the Feddie suit that kicked ass in the battle at the end of episode 4. Looked like some sort of updated Gaplant.

Graham

I agree. I watch it for the awesome battle scenes which have been very short on in anime as of late

I haven't been keeping track of gundam because I thought the UC was over. Now I'm finding out this series is in the UC and has cameos by the classic characters. I saw pictures of this series before but the moment I saw a guy dressed like Char I thought, "Oh this must be another Gundam Wing type series."

Where do I find this series? To be more clear where to I find it at price I can agree with.

Redbox Online Search: No Results.

Block Buster Online Search: No Results.

Ebay: I'm seeing Blu-Rays going for $60.

Netflix: Only has the first episode.

Amazon: Has DVD for $25 & Blu-Rays for $50.

Best Buy: Same prices as Amazon.

PSN: Has HD Rentals for $6 or Standard for $4.

I have never rented anything from PSN. I don't understand how they can charge so much compared to everybody else and you only get one day to watch it.

Why is a physical copy going for so much? Is it the 1980s & 1990s again? Wasn't there a huge anime boom in the 2000s that brought the prices of anime down to same prices of every thing else? Am I wrong for thinking this would be going for $15 a DVD and $25 a Blu-Ray?

These are basically Japan region releases that are made available to US buyers. Since America and Japan have the same Blu Ray region they're trying out putting dubs and subtitles on their own releases.

And remember, they don't make a lot of their money on the media itself. It's all about the merchandise. Fifty billion Gunpla tie-ins and manga to run in Gundam Ace.

Plus the 2000's anime boom was a huge house of cards that was built on lies anyways.

Maybe you could just torrent it :/

Rightstuf is still getting all 4 current volumes directly from Bandai. When I asked them about it they basically said Bandai is continuing the release on bluray since it's being handled by Bandai Visual. While I currently have the import version of volume 5 on order, if they Irightstuf) list it before it's out, we can assume it'll finish out in the U.S.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news, Rightstuf has just listed Unicorn vol 5 (bluray) at the regular pre-order price. For those who may be unaware, Amazon listed it the otherday for the obscene price of $127.99. But as we hoped, the bluray release will indeed continue in the U.S.

Oh, my bad. Foggy memory must be clouding my mind. As for the events that transpired in the novel vs. the OVA, I would expect that the final episode, if episode five will go as far as I think it will go in terms of plot, would only be slightly longer and still be able to cover everything from the novel.

This is assuming that the OVA follows the novel though, as I believe the makers said they'd be deviating slightly from the novel?

This is assuming that the OVA follows the novel though, as I believe the makers said they'd be deviating slightly from the novel?

IIRC, they said they would deviate on some elements from the novel (like Full Frontal's Char Aznable-connection, i.e. in the novel it was less ambiguous and presented more straightforward while the animation is more ambiguous) but still remain faithful to the original material.

Thanks for the info Azreal. Wow, with only a single episode left after 5, I'm actually gonna be pretty disheartened when the series comes to an end. Gundam Unicorn had to be the single most enjoyed mecha anime series that I've watched, and with unparalleled animation quality.

I hope Bandai picks up on the success of unicorn and decides to more of these lengthy movie type OVA's, because the refinement that they have is unbridled.

Would like the next project to be a Gundam Sentinel OVA.

Never liked the silly looking (IMO) pirate styled Gundams in Crossbone.

Graham

And yet, you learn to respect them after getting spanked by them in Extreme Vs. Aside from that, there's the whole issue of having the story left open in F91 that needs resolution, I'd like to see it done at some point at least.

"Mobile Suit Gundam UC" episode 5 8-Minute Streaming (English)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKrw_XGTur8

Ah, simply delightful! Now if we can get the next Macross series to look as good!! :)

By the way, do you think Alberto was looking at his sister's behind? I know I was!! :wub: Dang she's

pretty hot for a 55 year old anime character!! :D

Edited by aerocombatpilot

Ah, simply delightful! Now if we can get the next Macross series to look as good!! :)

By the way, do you think Alberto was looking at his sister's behind? I know I was!! :wub: Dang she's

pretty hot for a 55 year old anime character!! :D

IIRC, Martha Vist is his aunt. Also, people who read the novel said

She used to sexually abuse Alberto.

IIRC, Martha Vist is his aunt. Also, people who read the novel said

She used to sexually abuse Alberto.

Well then, he probaby WAS looking at her behind!! :wub: Not that I condone anything like that like that mind you :angry: , it just that she does have a nice looking bottom for a 55 year old anime character!!! :wub:

Edited by aerocombatpilot