How many variants ?

Thoth Amon

I couldn't find anything in my searches about this. Jetfire came out in two variants - one with the Macross symbol and one without. I have two of them, both without the symbol, but they are cast from different molds for the plastic and metal. When you look at them individually, you wouldn't notice, but beside each other you can tell. How many different mold variants have you seen ?

I couldn't find anything in my searches about this. Jetfire came out in two variants - one with the Macross symbol and one without. I have two of them, both without the symbol, but they are cast from different molds for the plastic and metal. When you look at them individually, you wouldn't notice, but beside each other you can tell. How many different mold variants have you seen ?

At least six. I will have to go dig up the HTML from my old website because I don't remember all the details, but there's a couple of versions of Matsushiro Jetfire, a transition model that has Bandai with no date and the parts largely fit Takatoku/Matsushiro sizes, and then a bunch of variations of Bandais with '84, '85, and different places or something like that? Different models can't share guns or parts, that kind of thing.

EDIT: I found it.

Jetfire variations:

Matsushiro 1 - Finer "ridged" detail on antennae, Painted UN SPACY insignia on the wing, lined canopy

Matsushiro 2 - Finer "ridged" detail on antennae, U.N. Spacy sticker insignia on the wing, lined canopy

Matsushiro 3 - Finer "ridged" detail on antennae, U.N. Spacy sticker insignia on the wing, unlined canopy

Matsu-Bandai (Matsushiro body with Bandai antennae and copyright)

Bandai 1 - Smooth antennae, Bandai logo in a straight line on the left side, no "box" around it, no copyright, just "TOKYO JAPAN" on the right

Bandai 2 - Smooth antennae, Bandai "box" logo on the left side, © BANDAI 1984 MADE IN JAPAN on the right

Bandai 3 - Smooth antennae, Bandai "box" logo on the left side, © BANDAI 1985 MADE IN JAPAN on the right

I didn't mention on the site, but there's also a sort of "brick" pattern on the bottom of the backpack that is on the Matsu models and not the Bandais.

Edited by Ginrai

Six official versions

There is a page here at MW that I did ages ago to highlight some of the smaller differences that you can have between runs.

Especially the Matsu-Bandai crossover's there are all manner of them some subltle some not so but all are easily missed.

this is the thread

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=340647