Bandai site text-Possible Licensing Rumor?

JELEINEN

Bandai Enternainment's site (http://www.bandai-ent.com/) has the following hidden in the html:

<!-- It has been fun, hasn't it? -->

<!-- It sure has... -->

<!-- Our team send out their messages yet? -->

<!-- They started to tonight. -->

<!-- Good. -->

<!-- No one will see what we've done until after we're long gone... -->

<!-- It's not for the recognition. It's doing our best to launch something the citizens want, despite unheard of challenges and issues beyond our team's control. -->

<!-- True, true. No one will ever know the real story of what happened. -->

<!-- Perhaps it is best that way. -->

<!-- Targetting array ready? -->

<!-- Yes. We are ready to shoot at any time. -->

<!-- No one's going to see these explosions until months from now. -->

<!-- But maybe they will think back and remember we were here once? -->

<!-- Can't we just broadcast it to the citizens? -->

<!-- That would be violating standard protocols. -->

<!-- Silent launch then. -->

<!-- For now. Until the time is right for us to rise again. -->

<!-- ? -->

<!-- Things will become self-evident in due course. -->

<!-- For now, let us celebrate one last hurrah in private. -->

<!-- Is the vessel ready? -->

<!-- I still can't believe you're going to do this... -->

<!-- Squadron commanders, initiate launch of all remaining weapons, fire at will any and all targets. -->

<!-- Citizens of the universe, please listen to our final songs! -->

It looks like a lot of Macross hints there to me.

Edit: source is www.animevice.com

Edited by JELEINEN

Looks like a lot of gibberish to me...is there a context for it? Who's talking to whom? And when?

Apparently they like to slip hidden messages into the html of their front page. That's the latest one. The speculation is that they're hints of an unanounced title.

I'm betting it's something concerning Eureka Seven. There is a movie planned for release in April, so it could be for that. If it's for the complete collection, maybe I'll give it a try.

Though for now, I hope I'm wrong and it does turn out to be something Macross.

I'm betting it's something concerning Eureka Seven. There is a movie planned for release in April, so it could be for that. If it's for the complete collection, maybe I'll give it a try.

Though for now, I hope I'm wrong and it does turn out to be something Macross.

I would think they would be announcing the Eureka 7 movie. It's about that time of the year for conventions. But it's fairly vague so who knows.

This is old news guys.

It's just Bandai announcing their next Macross series after the Frontier movie is done:

Macross: Dewey

It follows the story of failed singer and snap-fit model builder Dewey, named by his otaku parents for the Macross: Dewey Colony ship that is their home. They wanted him to grow up to sing like Bassara, and while Dewey has a lot of heart, he has a terrible voice and suffers from obescity because he thinks that since Minmey took Hikaru to burger world in DYRL?, then CLEARLY if he hangs around Burger World all day, he'll meet a girl like Minmey who will fall in love with him.

The series promises to be a bigger hit than frontier.

The only thing we don't know is what - if any - kind of Valkyrie will appear in the series.

duh.

Pete

Quite clearly what this means is ORE NO UTA WO KIIKE! BOMBA! & of course RADICALLY FIYA!!

I will personally stroll down to the Bandai Ent offices, and hug each and every employee there if they license 7 or Frontier.

This is old news guys.

It's just Bandai announcing their next Macross series after the Frontier movie is done:

Macross: Dewey

It follows the story of failed singer and snap-fit model builder Dewey, named by his otaku parents for the Macross: Dewey Colony ship that is their home. They wanted him to grow up to sing like Bassara, and while Dewey has a lot of heart, he has a terrible voice and suffers from obescity because he thinks that since Minmey took Hikaru to burger world in DYRL?, then CLEARLY if he hangs around Burger World all day, he'll meet a girl like Minmey who will fall in love with him.

The series promises to be a bigger hit than frontier.

The only thing we don't know is what - if any - kind of Valkyrie will appear in the series.

duh.

Pete

Your creativity knows no bounds Pete...

Apparently they like to slip hidden messages into the html of their front page. That's the latest one. The speculation is that they're hints of an unanounced title.

It's not the first time they've done this. As I recall, the first hints of the Haruhi license came out in a similar manner.

Just checked bandai-ent.com and the hidden messages in the source code are gone. On the site the twitter and blog sites have gone down. It looks like the company got downsized and people got fired or something. The messages may have been a final goodbye from some of the staff.

Just checked bandai-ent.com and the hidden messages in the source code are gone. On the site the twitter and blog sites have gone down. It looks like the company got downsized and people got fired or something. The messages may have been a final goodbye from some of the staff.

Locking the thread. Frankly it could be anything and who knows what it could mean. And I'd rather it not spread as fact.