Yamato 1/60 v.2 Hikaru Ichijo

EXO

i put a link in my reply above (here it is again in case you missed it http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_057/index.html)

... it also helps to use your L & R index fingers to lift up the hatch while pushing the hip bar out w/ your thumbs...

Wow didnt know they had video of it :wub: I got the hip bar out! Thanks! Im really happy with this valk!

great! now to put the FPs on. Hik 1S won't be complete w/out his Strike pack.

here's mine w/ my other Hikaru valks.

Wow thats a cool pose of your Hik 1S. I need to get a better camera, and the lighting in my apt. sucks... What type of camera you using? Did you use w/out a flash?

Wow thats a cool pose of your Hik 1S. I need to get a better camera, and the lighting in my apt. sucks... What type of camera you using? Did you use w/out a flash?

LOL :lol: that's a first... my cam? it's a sucky 8yr old, been to the repair shop twice, fat, low tech kodak :lol:. tried this w/out flash and some manual settings (thanks to tips i got from the Strike a pose thread) but there's still some shadow. it might be better if you used a black background to eliminate any shadows.

here's some more Hikaru 1S love... ^_^

post-8437-1241067508_thumb.jpg

post-8437-1241067541_thumb.jpg

Pull on the back, not the backpack, but the back piece, the one that the swing wings are connected to, to angle the swing bar. Then simultaneously rotate both legs forward, this will pop the nose hatch open and you merely push up to get the hip bar out. Only takes a few seconds.

hmm... yeah, I'm not following, do you have any visual aids? (I hate the new nose hatch :p )

hmm... yeah, I'm not following, do you have any visual aids? (I hate the new nose hatch :p )

I was having trouble taking out the hip bar. Thanks to m0n5t3r he showed me this video. I didnt know Yamato had this in their website. I would've found it if I known japanese lol ;)

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_057/index.html)

Edited by Gunpod71

great! now to put the FPs on. Hik 1S won't be complete w/out his Strike pack.

here's mine w/ my other Hikaru valks.

Damn you beat me to it. With the VF-1J Tan valk I was going to do a Legend of Hikaru set up.

hmm... yeah, I'm not following, do you have any visual aids? (I hate the new nose hatch
Alright, in battroid mode, the swing bar attached to the hip bar, is parallel to the back. When you pull on the back, the back will angle out, and the swing bar will be at an angle to the back, no longer parallel. At this point, swing both legs forward simultaneously, 90 degrees, and the nose hatch will pop open, and all you need to do is push up with the hip bar to get it out of the nose hatch. The key to this is making sure the swing bar is at an angle, if it is parallel, it is a pain in the ass to get the hip bar out of the nose hatch.

Hi all, I've got a Yamato v2 1/60 vf-1s. Is there a trick to pulling the feet out? I know you have to pull them out before they will open, but is there a hidden release or something to make it easier to pull them out, or do you just have to use brute force? I've got one out, but as much as I pull on the other it seems pretty content to stay put.

Overall I'm please with the v2, I seemed to have dodged the cracked shoulder issue and the overall stability of the toy impresses me more and more, especially compared to my v1 1/60 which has parts dropping off of it every time I look at it funny. But there are times where I'm wondering if they made the new one just a little too durable.

Thanks!

Welcome! Basically, yeah, gotta use more force to pull them out.

Good to know that your VF-1 V2 shoulders are not showing signs of osteoporisis, but if they do fracture, just a bit of epoxy will cure it :)

Hi all, I've got a Yamato v2 1/60 vf-1s. Is there a trick to pulling the feet out?
A trick is to open the foot, and then grab the "heel"(back halve), and rotate it all the way back. This will inadvertently get the foot all the way out to full extension. There are 2 detents, pull it out to the 2nd detent for gerwalk mode(more foot mobility this way, but gap shows at the ankle), and pull it to the 1st detent for battroid mode(no gap at all at ankle; less mobility).

Alright, in battroid mode, the swing bar attached to the hip bar, is parallel to the back. When you pull on the back, the back will angle out, and the swing bar will be at an angle to the back, no longer parallel. At this point, swing both legs forward simultaneously, 90 degrees, and the nose hatch will pop open, and all you need to do is push up with the hip bar to get it out of the nose hatch. The key to this is making sure the swing bar is at an angle, if it is parallel, it is a pain in the ass to get the hip bar out of the nose hatch.

I also hate the new nose hatch. The above comment is greatly appreciated. However when transforming to battroid mode how do you get the hip bar to attach? I watched a couple youtube videos on how to transform, but I must say I had one heck of a time with this part of the transformation. In the end I think it took me about fifteen minutes and truthfully my VF-1J will never change modes again because of this aspect of the transformation. I really much prefer the way it is done on the 1/48's. But take that for what it's worth, since I never had a problem, and still don't, with the version one 1/60's.

Edited by stram8777

The above comment is greatly appreciated. However when transforming to battroid mode how do you get the hip bar to attach?
Make sure the nose/cockpit section is pushed up all the way. Make sure the swing bar connected to the back, is at an angle, not parallel to the back. Make sure the middle of the bar is in the middle of the nose hatch, now at this point, make the swing bar flush with the back, making it parallel to it, all while the middle of the hip bar is in the middle of the nose hatch. It secures via motion of straightening the swing bar while the hip bar is in place in the middle of the nose hatch. Rotating the legs forward as the swing bar goes into the middle of the nose hatch helps a bit too.

A trick is to open the foot, and then grab the "heel"(back halve), and rotate it all the way back. This will inadvertently get the foot all the way out to full extension. There are 2 detents, pull it out to the 2nd detent for gerwalk mode(more foot mobility this way, but gap shows at the ankle), and pull it to the 1st detent for battroid mode(no gap at all at ankle; less mobility).

Ah that worked, thanks!

Oh how I love the sound of stressing plastic hehe

So we assume that the 1S Hiki is safe?

I also read somewhere (Can't remember), that it has the knurling on the pins removed like the 1S Max?

Can anyone confirm this?

So we assume that the 1S Hiki is safe?

I also read somewhere (Can't remember), that it has the knurling on the pins removed like the 1S Max?

Can anyone confirm this?

nope... Hik 1S pins still have the knurling... so does the 1D.

ok, after more than a couple of months in gerwalk, i finally worked up the guts to transform VF-1S Hiky to battroid (thanks to VF-1S Max, which for some reason had just the right amount of "give" in the locking tabs and connectors).

now that he's in battroid, i want to put him in that alpha-strike pose when he shot bodolza, but i can't get the guns to line up.

has anyone managed this pose? pics? thanks

this is the best i could do... the left hand can't really reach the underside of the gunpod when pointed straight forward and if you point the gunpod to the left the strike cannon can't point in the same direction (i wish they made the Stike cannon so it could swiver l-r...)

gallery_8437_264_64852.jpg

gallery_8437_264_84062.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've noticed various sites like Hobby Search are offering the Hiki 1J with SP as a re-release for July.

Can anyone confirm if this will have the shoulder's fixed, as well the new crouch section?

I'm hoping for the 1J GBP-1S combo for Christmas release (an i mean before Christmas for us mid november so we can actually get these SENT to our home in time for Christmas 25th.) :p

Either that or a Ghost X-9, my Guld 21 is nekid. YF-19? bah! the real battle was Guld and the Ghost.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 1 month later...

Oh whooops... my bad. That is 1/48. Didn't even look at the scale. Thought the line was dead. You can tel by the second small tiny fin behind the cockpit that recesses into the hump that it's 1/48.