YS Flight - VFX

Pink Supervisor

Super and VF-19 Kai are out.

The way that guy pumps out fighters he got to have no life whatsoever.

I was really happy to see that he included the VF-19P in this last release. Of all the RSS feeds I subscribe to, his is the one that I look forward to the most.

Also the VF-19F and S from Macross 7 are going to be in his next release. He is also working on the AIF-9V (Macross Galaxy), and AIF-7S (NUNS & SMS) Ghosts for a near term release.

His next ground-up fighters are going to be the VF-1 and the YF-21/VF-22.

I hate how bad they handle, though...

Really? I just spent the last half hour playing around making smoke trails with some 4ch guys on a VFX server. I love how they handle, although admittedly, the VF-19A & F aren't quite as snappy as their canard-having siblings and do seem to have some wierd stall recovery issues with the Super Packs.

Really? I just spent the last half hour playing around making smoke trails with some 4ch guys on a VFX server. I love how they handle, although admittedly, the VF-19A & F aren't quite as snappy as their canard-having siblings and do seem to have some wierd stall recovery issues with the Super Packs.

Too damn much over-maneuvering. You pull back, you SHOULD go in an arc. Instead, you flip 0-axis and are carried halfway across the map by momentum.

Too damn much over-maneuvering. You pull back, you SHOULD go in an arc. Instead, you flip 0-axis and are carried halfway across the map by momentum.

It allows you to fly the fighters as they are depicted in the anime, once you get used to it they handle phenomenally well. I took on two AI Ghosts in a VF-19P last night and managed to knock them both out of the sky.

Also, you can pull back and fly in an arc, just don't reef on the stick for normal maneuvering, controllers are analog for a reason. ;)

It allows you to fly the fighters as they are depicted in the anime, once you get used to it they handle phenomenally well. I took on two AI Ghosts in a VF-19P last night and managed to knock them both out of the sky.

Also, you can pull back and fly in an arc, just don't reef on the stick for normal maneuvering, controllers are analog for a reason. ;)

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I agree with Sketch, with the thrust vector travel and thrust numbers on these things, realistically, they would definitely tend to pivot, more than arc, in a hard pull-up.

Personally, I like it. Very Macross-y.

~Luke

Yeah, but when you do a flip you instantly go from Mach 5 to 0 in one flip. Which is somewhat annoying losing all speed just because you went one ° over max AoA.

Also even with throttle at 0 and in a stall, the vectoring can still somehow flip you around just as if you were afterburning (unless those are simulated verniers working). I guess thats the limitations of YSflight.

Edited by DarkReaper

Yeah, in canon the limiter and fly-by-wire probably keeps them from going over max AoA. Sort of like how you have to push a button in the Su-27 to remove the limiter and do a cobra.

Seems like we are flying the VFs in space mode in an atmosphere and thats just not efficient.

Yeah, in canon the limiter and fly-by-wire probably keeps them from going over max AoA. Sort of like how you have to push a button in the Su-27 to remove the limiter and do a cobra.

Seems like we are flying the VFs in space mode in an atmosphere and thats just not efficient.

And I know the F-22 is capable of pulling at least 26G in a top-speed turn.

And that brings me to the VF-1. Looking at everything it has, it should be able to outmaneuver an F-22, which has a control limiter...

Hmmmm I think that was me, that was quite fun making smoke vortexes and constantly crashing trying to pull off an extra flip in the VF-19 5 feet from the ground :lol: .

Yeah dude, I was using the handle SuperOstrich.

I've been leaving the server on as often as I can with a 3 hour reset. What I can't figure out is how to record network flights, I enabled the server record option, but I can't figure out of the life of me where it outputs to.

Edited by Sketch

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah dude, I was using the handle SuperOstrich.

I've been leaving the server on as often as I can with a 3 hour reset. What I can't figure out is how to record network flights, I enabled the server record option, but I can't figure out of the life of me where it outputs to.

hey what server do u fly in i flew thiso nline with a friend its awsoem we ran an intercept mission its so much fun

Damn! That is an impressive YF-24. SK should really do all these aircraft promotional videos ala company advertisements. They are short, sweet and can boost interest in Macross! Quick question, is the shinsei industries logo official, or just a modification of the LM logo?

yea i agree better grafics woueld bwe cool buti dotn really mind those grafics its fun anny how im just looking for peopel to fly with plus any of you herd of falcon 4 open falcon? i wish they wouled makea macross mod for that game.

any how any of you have a server up let me know ill fly with u guys

yea i agree better grafics woueld bwe cool buti dotn really mind those grafics its fun anny how im just looking for peopel to fly with plus any of you herd of falcon 4 open falcon? i wish they wouled makea macross mod for that game.

any how any of you have a server up let me know ill fly with u guys

And I agree that better ENGLISH would be cool.

DAMN, man, you gotta work on that.

People who hear me bag on lurkers, you see why I dislike them now?

Moving on, Falcon 4 Open Falcon? Heh?