The MW Automotive Thread Quattro SpecV

areaseven

they making a 5th one?

Yes, sir - Fast & Furious 5 is in the works with both Paul Walker and Vin Diesel in it. According to an interview, Walker says the new film may take place somewhere in Europe. Vin Diesel also stated he's planning to make a sixth film.

Yes, sir - Fast & Furious 5 is in the works with both Paul Walker and Vin Diesel in it. According to an interview, Walker says the new film may take place somewhere in Europe. Vin Diesel also stated he's planning to make a sixth film.

I suppose they're planning on one with suvs?

While Paul Walker and Vin Diesel rice up a PUMA, another challenger appears for Fast & Furious 5:

Quarter.tif.jpg

Commuter Cars Tango (Approx. $100,000+)

Brian: "Nice car. What's the retail price on that?"

Driver: "More than you can afford, pal. Tango."

Dom: "Smoke him."

Meanwhile, in Japan, Han comes back from the dead to give Shawn his new drift machine.

0511_tokyo_019%202006_toyota_i_swing%20front_side_view.jpg

Toyota i-Swing

Han: "The i-Swing's yours."

Shawn: "What do you mean?"

Han: "You're representing me now. What did you think, I'm gonna let you roll in a Hyundai?"

I've never owned a sports car, but I'm pretty sure that I could even navigate that turn without losing control of my car.

The closest thing that I've owned to a sports car is my current car, a 2005 Sentra SE-R Spec V.

it will happen with too much power going into the turn no matter what kind of car it is. sport cars just make you go out easier, but feel like there is more control and feel slower than it is actually going. your spec v is pretty good sporty car.

it will happen with too much power going into the turn no matter what kind of car it is. sport cars just make you go out easier, but feel like there is more control and feel slower than it is actually going.

Kind of. What happened to the bloke in the vid is that he abruptly lifted off the throttle to try to check his speed. The resulting weight transfer made the rear end "light" (especially as there appeared to be a little undulation right there on the track), and the car rotated in the direction of his steering input. With all of the runoff area he had available, the wiser action would have been to go straight off the track. This is the number one point that driving instructors try to get across to their students during high performance driving schools and track days - if you're going to go off the surface, go straight.

I've been guilty of the exact same mistake myself in the past (turn 5 at Willow Springs) :lol:

Kind of. What happened to the bloke in the vid is that he abruptly lifted off the throttle to try to check his speed. The resulting weight transfer made the rear end "light" (especially as there appeared to be a little undulation right there on the track), and the car rotated in the direction of his steering input. With all of the runoff area he had available, the wiser action would have been to go straight off the track. This is the number one point that driving instructors try to get across to their students during high performance driving schools and track days - if you're going to go off the surface, go straight.

I've been guilty of the exact same mistake myself in the past (turn 5 at Willow Springs) :lol:

BINGO! I presume you guys are referring to the Audi crash clip, from VIR? The driver most likely did lift for the right-hand kink, and I'm guessing that only exaggerated the effect.

That section is an uphill section--but it's not a constant grade, more of a stepped grade. The track levels off briefly, right at that little right-hand kink; so it's almost like going over a "hump," right at the apex. I think the mid-engine layout made it a bit more sensitive/susceptible to the circumstances.

I don't know if it's more of a "perception" thing, but yes--you DO feel like you speed-up when you get onto the grass. ^_^ I think the car came out of it remarkably well, under the circumstances.

:lol:When in a spin, BOTH FEET IN! :lol:

Edited by reddsun1

BINGO! I presume you guys are referring to the Audi crash clip, from VIR? The driver most likely did lift for the right-hand kink, and I'm guessing that only exaggerated the effect.

That section is an uphill section--but it's not a constant grade, more of a stepped grade. The track levels off briefly, right at that little right-hand kink; so it's almost like going over a "hump," right at the apex. I think the mid-engine layout made it a bit more sensitive/susceptible to the circumstances.

I don't know if it's more of a "perception" thing, but yes--you DO feel like you speed-up when you get onto the grass. ^_^ I think the car came out of it remarkably well, under the circumstances.

:lol:When in a spin, BOTH FEET IN! :lol:

would have thought people can afford one of those would buy a lesson of two. I didn't even think I know how to drive by buddy's vette and 911's when they let me drive them, hack it took me a couple of week to get use to my compact nissan.

would have thought people can afford one of those would buy a lesson of two. I didn't even think I know how to drive by buddy's vette and 911's when they let me drive them, hack it took me a couple of week to get use to my compact nissan.

That may have been his lesson, ironically. Looks like he had on gloves + helmet, so it was probably a bona-fide track-day event. I don't think they'll let you out without an instructor at one of those until you have at least a few sessions under your belt, or an existing high-perf/competition license, etc.

The audio after the impact points towards his passenger being the owner rather than an instructor though...

The vid with that is out there, almost worth the search ^_^

that's still priceless: Please don't hit the wall, please don't hit the wall! *WHAM* FUU***K! :lol:

Edited by reddsun1

That may have been his lesson, ironically. Looks like he had on gloves + helmet, so it was probably a bona-fide track-day event. I don't think they'll let you out without an instructor at one of those until you have at least a few sessions under your belt, or an existing high-perf/competition license, etc.

The audio after the impact points towards his passenger being the owner rather than an instructor though...

The vid with that is out there, almost worth the search ^_^

that's still priceless: Please don't hit the wall, please don't hit the wall! *WHAM* FUU***K! :lol:

:lol:

This week, Paul Walker announced on a radio talk show that the next Fast & Furious movie will be in Brazil - although Universal Pictures has yet to confirm this.

Now, if they make sure to include a scene set on the beaches of Rio, then I WILL make sure to go see that one... ^_^

To celebrate their 20th anniversary, German tuner Novitec unveiled their limited-edition supercar. The Novitec TuLesto is a restyled Ferrari F430 with a twin-supercharged 4.4 liter V8 that generates 777 bhp and 536 lb-ft torque. Its curb weight of 2,778 lbs give it a ratio of 3.6 lbs per bhp. Acceleration from 0-100 kph takes 3.4 seconds and its top speed is 217 mph. Only 11 units will be made, making it more exclusive than the Lamborghini Reventón.

2009-Novitec-TuLesto-Front-1920x1440.jpg

2009-Novitec-TuLesto-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2009-Novitec-TuLesto-Rear-1920x1440.jpg

2009 Novitec TuLesto

Edited by areaseven

To celebrate their 20th anniversary, German tuner Novitec unveiled their limited-edition supercar. The Novitec TuLesto is a restyled Ferrari F430 with a twin-supercharged 4.4 liter V8 that generates 777 bhp and 536 lb-ft torque. Its curb weight of 2,778 lbs give it a ratio of 3.6 lbs per bhp. Acceleration from 0-100 kph takes 3.4 seconds and its top speed is 217 mph. Only 11 units will be made, making it more exclusive than the Lamborghini Reventón.

2009-Novitec-TuLesto-Front-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

2009-Novitec-TuLesto-Side-Top-1920x1440.jpg

2009-Novitec-TuLesto-Rear-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

2009 Novitec TuLesto

i had to read that twice, i was like "twin turbo char..., no that says super charger". i've never seen a car with twin super chargers, i didn't know that was possible.

hmm, i remember when i first started learning how to tune/hook up cars and i asked my friend why nobody ever made a car with a turbo and a super charger.

i had to read that twice, i was like "twin turbo char..., no that says super charger". i've never seen a car with twin super chargers, i didn't know that was possible.

hmm, i remember when i first started learning how to tune/hook up cars and i asked my friend why nobody ever made a car with a turbo and a super charger.

You can turbo and supercharge a car, at some point though, the compressed air from both a turbo and supercharger becomes too much for the induction system and you make the BOV or DV do a lot of work in getting rid of the excess compressed air. It also isn't very practical from a production and maintenance stand point. However, VW built a turbo and supercharged motor, but they did their's differently, by having the supercharger pick up the low end slack and then used a y-pipe to bypass the supercharger air once the turbocharger had spooled up. It makes the purpose efficient, but is a lot of extra hardware for less than stellar results.

What would help more, is having a direct injected motor with an appropriately sized turbocharger, since DI will allow for higher compression and give you the low end torque and a good sized turbo will get you that high end power you need once you get to the mid range RPM's. In the traditional sense, a supercharger and turbocharger are counter productive, however, if you were to use a supercharger and turbocharger with a DI higher displacement motor, it might give you some good punch, though you'd still have a lot of wasted air once the turbo gets spooled up.

Twin supercharging isn't anything new, if you look at the auto union and mercedes cars from the silver arrow era (30's/40's) then you'll see they had twin supercharged 600hp motors over 70 years ago. You can really only do twin supercharging for a V motor by putting a supercharger on each intake side of the cylinder (so one superchargers per cylinder bank), but i'm not sure if it's really beneficial when you compare twin superchargers vs a single supercharger.

Edited by emajnthis

oOo, another supercharger.

if i could only find that twin turbo lambo diablo on the net. i just heard about it on some website, i don't know if it actually exists or not.

twin turbocharging a lambo should be no different than heffner twin turbocharging the Ford GT or the Gallardo, the biggest concern for mid engine vehicles will always be heat, so as long as they can keep the motor running cool, there's no reason why it shouldn't exist.

Originally released online as a concept design, the Corvette Z03 by Ugur Sahin Design will be put in a limited production of 100 units by Mallett Cars. And it ain't cheap. Aside from the cost of a donor Corvette C6 Z06, the bodywork is an extra $69,000. In addition, there's an additional cost for a choice of two engine modifications. $32,700 gets you the Dead Blow Hammer Conversion, which supercharges the LS7 V8 to 700 bhp, while $35,795 gets you the APS Twin Turbo Hammer Conversion, which gives you 999 bhp. Indeed, exclusivity does have a huge price to pay.

Quote away, DJ Loe Kee! :ph34r:

2009-USD-Mallett-Corvette-Z03-Red-Front-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

2009-USD-Mallett-Corvette-Z03-Red-Rear-And-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2009-USD-Mallett-Corvette-Z03-Red-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2009 USD Mallett Corvette Z03

Edited by areaseven

Just a little note, but aircraft piston-engines have been twin supercharged, turbo-supercharged, super-turbocharged, and every other possible combination since before WWII. (you can do some pretty extreme compressing without detonation on 155 octane)

Originally released online as a concept design, the Corvette Z03 by Ugur Sahin Design will be put in a limited production of 100 units by Mallett Cars. And it ain't cheap. Aside from the cost of a donor Corvette C6 Z06, the bodywork is an extra $69,000. In addition, there's an additional cost for a choice of two engine modifications. $32,700 gets you the Dead Blow Hammer Conversion, which supercharges the LS7 V8 to 700 bhp, while $35,795 gets you the APS Twin Turbo Hammer Conversion, which gives you 999 bhp. Indeed, exclusivity does have a huge price to pay.

Meh, the rear quarter windows and rear flanks look a bit too 370Z-ish. For all that $$$, seems like they could make it look less like a Nissan...

2009-USD-Mallett-Corvette-Z03-White-Front-Angle-2-1920x1440.jpg

2009-USD-Mallett-Corvette-Z03-White-Side-2-1920x1440.jpg

2009-USD-Mallett-Corvette-Z03-White-Rear-And-Side-2-1920x1440.jpg

whoa!!! and i thought that the c-west body kit that i wanted was expensive.

fh.jpg

fb.jpg

fb.jpg

fs.jpg

fbn1.jpg

fb.jpg

fb.jpg

Meh, the rear quarter windows and rear flanks look a bit too 370Z-ish. For all that $$$, seems like they could make it look less like a Nissan...

it looks european to me, like something that italy would come out with.

^no, i had a 1990 240sx hatchback but i had to sell it while i was in college. it was my second car and i just didn't have the money to get it up and running.

i'm looking for a workaround for the s15 too.