The MW Automotive Thread Quattro SpecV

areaseven

This is an interesting development. Instead of having to visit MW and LS1tech I can just hang out here for automotive keyboard pissing contests...

Say no to *!!

We have to shout it loud and clear: YOU! DUMB! S H I T!!!

In hindsight, I suppose this opens all kinds of realms of possibility for the re-coining of "blitzkrieg" for Germany's wermacht (do they still call it that?) :huh:

Edited by reddsun1

In hindsight, I suppose this opens all kinds of realms of possibility for the re-coining of "blitzkrieg" for Germany's wermacht (do they still call it that?) :huh:

No. They call the armed forces Bundeswehr (Federal Defense Forces). The army is called the Deutsches Heer.

I'm thinking that 911 may very well be owned by someone who has served in the military and could snap my neck if I called them a "dumb" anything.

Some cardboard .50 cals--or better yet, some mini-rockets--on the fenders would really set it off right, so you's can go zipping down the autobahn going "pew, pew, pew." :p

Lamborghini's successor to the Murciélago has been revealed. The 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 borrows design elements from the Gallardo and the Reventón. Under the hood is a 6.5 liter V12 that generates 700 bhp and 509 lb-ft torque. Acceleration from 0-60 is an estimated 2.9 seconds and the top speed is 217 mph.

2012-Lamborghini-Aventador-LP-700-4-Front-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Lamborghini-Aventador-LP-700-4-Side-Top-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Lamborghini-Aventador-LP-700-4-Engine-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Lamborghini-Aventador-LP-700-4-Rear-Grid-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Lamborghini-Aventador-LP-700-4-Dashboard-1920x1440.jpg

2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4

with all of the new angled panel lines on the lambo, it's almost starting to look like it was designed by Japanese Mecha designers.

Looks pretty cool, but that's what I was thinking too. "Lamborghini Yoshiyuki Tomino edition"

Looks pretty cool, but that's what I was thinking too. "Lamborghini Yoshiyuki Tomino edition"

Since the whole anime mecha designer thing was brought up, I was thinking more of "Lamborghini Ver. Ka. (Hajime Katoki)", as it somewhat has those angled edges like the Unicorn Gundam.

Since the whole anime mecha designer thing was brought up, I was thinking more of "Lamborghini Ver. Ka. (Hajime Katoki)", as it somewhat has those angled edges like the Unicorn Gundam.

I would say that's a VERY good thing. I love it. ^_^

Lamborghini's successor to the Murciélago has been revealed. The 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 borrows design elements from the Gallardo and the Reventón. Under the hood is a 6.5 liter V12 that generates 700 bhp and 509 lb-ft torque. Acceleration from 0-60 is an estimated 2.9 seconds and the top speed is 217 mph.

2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4

I always liked lambos but the new Altima/Mainstream design of the interiors I really dont like. I like the bucket seats basic consoles of the old days. If I owned something like that I m not driving it around just to prove IM a man. I will be on the track, or in a cannonball run. So the exterior is amazing but the interior is made for a pansy in a tutu

Maybe it's just me, but it seems the trend towards increasingly sharp, angular designs on automobiles makes for a lot more new models with front fascias that have, well, almost face-like features.

And damned if that new Lambo ain't a smug lookin' ba*tard...

...then again, with 700 HP, I guess it's got every right to be. <_<

At the Geneva Auto Show, Bertone unveiled their B99 Concept for Jaguar. The design is not bad, but it looks more like a cross between a Maserati and an Infiniti than a Jag.

Yeah, I definitely can see what you mean by Maserati. Well, aside from the XKR, I've never really cared for Jaguar anyway. If I were going to drive an expensive British car, might as well be an Aston Martin.

Edited by mikeszekely

I always liked lambos but the new Altima/Mainstream design of the interiors I really dont like. I like the bucket seats basic consoles of the old days. If I owned something like that I m not driving it around just to prove IM a man. I will be on the track, or in a cannonball run. So the exterior is amazing but the interior is made for a pansy in a tutu

Guess I'm a pansy in a tutu, then, since I like the car inside and out.

One of the greatest car movie scenes in history, especially without the crappy American English dub.

Hear Hear! Oh sure, we know most Aussie gearheads would recognize Barry's description as a bit of movie-talk smoke-and-mirrors BS (it can either have Phase IV heads, or twin OHC heads--can't be BOTH). But it's STILL one of the most recognized and BAD A$$ movie cars of all time--and it only got a little over 2 MINUTES of screen time in the first film...

Pursuit Special, FTW! B))

Well it looks like Mitsubishi is bringing the Lancer Evolution line to an end in favor moving the company towards EV vehicles. :(

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/02/report-mitsubishi-official-says-evo-franchise-is-dead/

According to Gayu Eusegi, head of global product development for Mitsubishi, the Lancer Evolution X will be the last Evo the Japanese automaker ever builds. Eusegi says the move is part of a shift in strategy to put the company's product focus and ethos on leadership in EV technology.

To that end, Autocar indicates that Mitsubishi will release eight fully-electric or hybrid-electric cars by the time 2015 rolls around, and make a grab for a big portion of the CO2-reduction market share. It goes without saying that the fun-yet-fuel-swilling Evo just doesn't fit that mindset, particularly since it apes a rally car that no longer exists.

Despite the Evo's huge popularity, Mitsubishi apparently isn't scared of the step and says it's confident that consumers will glom on to the idea and rally behind the brand. By killing the Evo, they're making their intentions plain to an increasingly environmentally-conscious car-buying public.

Eusegi killed dead any notion that the brand would roll out a performance-oriented hybrid as well. "Maybe the world can change, and maybe someday we can do a motor race by electric vehicles. Maybe then we can enter the market agian," he said.

This report of the Evo's death would seem to stand in contrast to multiple reports that an Evo XI is in the works with a hybrid drivetrain. We're taking this latest Autocar missive with a few grains of salt, as we can see how Eusegi may have simply meant that an Evo that relies exclusively on internal combustion is dead – a hybrid Evo would seem to offer a nice technological bridge to Mitsubishi's more electrically minded future. Hat tip to Dennis!

I guess this all closes the door on any possible return to the WRC for the company aswell. I hope this doesn't impact the WRX and STi since their main rival will be gone.

Eusegi killed dead any notion that the brand would roll out a performance-oriented hybrid as well. "Maybe the world can change, and maybe someday we can do a motor race by electric vehicles. Maybe then we can enter the market agian," he said.

Yeah? Well, Maybe pigs will fly! Maybe you can go pack sand up your arse, Eusegi!

You know, it's been said that continuous exposure to electromagnetic machinery could be a potential link to illnesses such as Alzheimer's...Pretentious, tree-hugging fu*wads.

Kiss my arse, and put 110 octane in the tank.

IMG_2427.JPG

Well it looks like Mitsubishi is bringing the Lancer Evolution line to an end in favor moving the company towards EV vehicles. :(

I guess this all closes the door on any possible return to the WRC for the company aswell. I hope this doesn't impact the WRX and STi since their main rival will be gone.

It's a sign of the times. I'm not surprised. The future is in EVs and hybrids. Even moreso now with the MidEast in turmoil.

I wouldn't be surprised if the WRX/STi dies in the near future.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/02/report-mitsubishi-official-says-evo-franchise-is-dead/

This... is the saddest news I've heard since my parents put my dog down when I was 7. I mean, with gas prices what they are, I don't mind Mitsubishi looking at alternatives to the old internal combustion engine. But why not a hybrid Evo or an electric Evo? I'd hate to think Mitsubishi is killing off one of my favorite lines and replacing them with i-MiEV's.