The MW Automotive Thread Quattro SpecV

areaseven

Nissan just unveiled the new NISMO 370Z for the U.S. market. The 3.7 liter VQ-series V6 generates 350 bhp and 276 lb-ft torque. The car also has a stiffer suspension and larger brakes, and rides on RAYS 19" alloy wheels mounted with Yokohama ADVAN Sport Y-rated high performance tires (P245/40ZR19 front, P285/35ZR19 rear). The NISMO 370Z comes with only a six-speed manual transmission with Nissan's "SynchroRev Match" function, which automatically controls and adjusts engine speed while shifting.

2009-Nissan-NISMO-370Z-Front-And-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2009-Nissan-NISMO-370Z-Rear-And-Side-3-1920x1440.jpg

2009-Nissan-NISMO-370Z-Engine-3-1920x1440.jpg

2009-Nissan-NISMO-370Z-Dashboard-1920x1440.jpg

2009-Nissan-NISMO-370Z-Gauges-1920x1440.jpg

2009 Nissan NISMO 370Z

I really like the new Z. I pulled up next to a guy in one, I told him his car was cooler than mine, he wanted to argue. I wish the lights didn't turn out like that though.

I really like the new Z. I pulled up next to a guy in one, I told him his car was cooler than mine, he wanted to argue. I wish the lights didn't turn out like that though.

me too, but the 370 roadster has that ugly z4 rollbar, I guess I'll be keeping mine longer than I've planned.

trust me your car is cooler than a Z, people tell mine 'cute car' all day long... and I don't like those headlight either.

The new Z isn't bad, but I prefer its G37 sibling. I wonder if it has something to do with the G being the US-version of the Skyline.

G is a 2+2 Z, plus much better interior, and convertible is not out yet. the ride is softer, and quiet, you feel everything in a Z.

given the 370 roadster is butt ugly, G is pretty nice, but I prefer hard top convertible.

ABOMINATION!!!

Someone at Porsche should have their dick cut off.

I want another "vacation" movie where this diarrhea box stars as Clark Grizwald's new "Family Truckster."

I want another "vacation" movie where this diarrhea box stars as Clark Grizwald's new "Family Truckster."

Here's a better idea: Make a Death Race sequel using the Panamera as the first car to be trashed by the barricade traps before the Dreadnought [insert action here] it.

Hmm, the Panamera Turbo is pretty ugly, but compared to the competition: the Merc CLS, Audi A7 and the AM Rapide it's not the worst of the bunch. A car for the 50+ year old who needs a executive car but deep down wants a sports car.

Hmm, the Panamera Turbo is pretty ugly, but compared to the competition: the Merc CLS, Audi A7 and the AM Rapide it's not the worst of the bunch. A car for the 50+ year old who needs a executive car but deep down wants a sports car.

Actually, it is the worst of the bunch (especially if you also count the Maserati Quattroporte). The Rapide is pointless, but still attractive. I was never a fan of Benzes, but the CLS at least comes from a company that makes sedans. And the Audi A7 hasn't even been fully revealed yet (other than the Sportback Concept, which isn't representative of the final version of the A7). The Panamera is not only pointless, but downright hideous. Who really wants that on their driveway?

[...] The Panamera is not only pointless, but downright hideous. Who really wants that on their driveway?

Anyone who wants to wants to be seens as an owner of a Porsche and doesn't care about it's actual looks. It's a business statement. Think this sort of car can be a hit now SUVs are out of grace. A bit sporty and somewhere between a real 4-door sedan and a stationwagon.

Eh, I don't see how it's any uglier than any other Porsche.

I think the 911 is still good lookin. The Boxster is good lookin if you want a convertible.

Everything else sucks though.

I think the 911 is still good lookin. The Boxster is good lookin if you want a convertible.

Everything else sucks though.

I always liked the old 356 and the 550 (never mind the fact that James Dean was killed in one). The 911 always looked good (except for the 996 series with its awkward-looking headlights). Was never a fan of the 944, but the 928 has always been an awesome machine. The Cayman is better-looking than the Boxster. The Carrera GT looks sexy, too. No comment on the 914.

A Porsche Super looks better than the Panamera, and it has a purpose.

Edited by areaseven

i personally liked the 996 better than the 997, I like the odd headlights because i immediately think of the Porsche GT1 and that car is the sexiest Porsche ever built (it trumps the Carrera GT in my book). The only current lineup Porsche i like is the Cayman, it's not a looker in magazines, but on the street they look fantastic, it just needs some RUF treatment to run with the big boys, that's all. The 928 is also a major winner in my book and should have gotten a revamp instead of this sedan thing. As far as i'm concerned, anything that deviates from the original Porsche design looks good to me, the fast Beetle look just doesn't do it for me, the original design had its time in the spotlight, but they need to move on to better things at this point (a la Cayman).

I always liked the old 356 (never mind the fact that James Dean was killed in one). The 911 always looked good (except for the 996 series with its awkward-looking headlights). Was never a fan of the 944, but the 928 has always been an awesome machine. The Cayman is better-looking than the Boxster. The Carrera GT looks sexy, too. No comment on the 914.

A Porsche Super looks better than the Panamera, and it has a purpose.

I was only speaking about current Porsche cars. But if you want to look at the history, the 914 was horrible.

The Cayman has a bubble roof. like after the windshield, the roof keeps going up... Thats stupid. Poor design. And the back window with all those angles, just a mess. The boxster is clean (but of course for girls only as it IS a convertible).

Now this is just sexy.

Yes, one gorgeous car. But I can't help but wonder just why new cars have to be designed with such extremely high rear deck lines? Gives them the overall wedge-like proportions of a door stop.

But to quote the immortal Franco Bertollini: And now my friend, the first-a rule of Italian driving. What's-a behind me, is not important. ^_^

Ferrari takes the 599 GTB Fiorano trackside. The 599XX is lighter and more aerodynamic than the street version. The naturally aspirated 6 liter V12 generates 700 bhp at 9,000 rpm.

Sa-weet.

But I'd take mine with old-fashioned white roundels for the numbers.

I'd love to see the wind tunnel tests to see what the airflow looks like around the C-pillars [with those "winglets" vs without]. I always thought that was a bit of an odd design, separating them from the rear window like that.

those ferrari's are nice... but i'm a lambo guy.

the 2010 Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SV (SuperVeloce).

Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP670-4-SV_1.jpg

Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP670-4-SV_2.jpg

Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP670-4-SV_3.jpg

Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP670-4-SV_4.jpg

Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP670-4-SV_5.jpg

close-up of the wing

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/larg...P670-4-SV_6.jpg

Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP670-4-SV_7.jpg

Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP670-4-SV_8.jpg

Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP670-4-SV_9.jpg

close-up of the open door

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/larg...670-4-SV_10.jpg

Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP670-4-SV_11.jpg

Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP670-4-SV_12.jpg

General specifications

Country of origin: Italy

Numbers built: N/A

Introduced: 2009

Introduced at: 2009 Geneva Motor Show

Engine

Configuration: 60º V 12

Construction: aluminum block and head

Displacement: 6.496 liter / 396.4 cu in

Bore / Stroke: 88.0 mm (3.5 in) / 89.0 mm (3.5 in)

Compression: 11.0:1

Valvetrain: 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC, VVT intake and exhaust

Fuel feed: Multipoint sequential Fuel injection

Aspiration: Naturally Aspirated

Drivetrain

Chassis/body: arbon fibre and steel body on alloy/carbon tubular frame

Suspension (fr/r): double wishbones, anti-dive, anti-squat, anti roll bar, electronic shock absorbers

Steering: rack-and-pinion, power assisted

Brakes: vacuum assisted discs, all-round

Gearbox: E-Gear 6 speed Automatic

Drive: All wheel drive

Dimensions

Weight: 1565 kilo / 3450.2 lbs

Length / Width: / Height: 4705 mm (185.2 in) / 2058 mm (81 in) / 1135 mm (44.7 in)

Wheelbase / Track: (fr/r) 2665 mm (104.9 in) / 1635 mm (64.4 in) / 1695 mm (66.7 in)

Performance figures

Power: 670 bhp / 500 KW @ 8000 rpm

Torque: 660 Nm / 487 ft lbs @ 6500 rpm

BHP/Liter: 103 bhp / liter

Power to weight: 0.43 bhp / kg

Top Speed: 342 km/h / 213 mph

0-60 mph: 3.1 s

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/4085/La...LP670-4-SV.html

more pics

http://jalopnik.com/5219485/shanghai-auto-...lp670+4-sv-live

car & driver's first drive review

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_li...st_drive_review

Specifications

VEHICLE TYPE:mid-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 2-door coupe

ESTIMATED BASE PRICE: $457,500

ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 48-valve V-12, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection

Displacement: 396 cu in, 6496cc

Power (SAE net): 661 bhp @ 8000 rpm

Torque (SAE net): 487 lb-ft @ 6500 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 6-speed manual, 6-speed automated manual

DIMENSIONS:

Wheelbase: 104.9 in Length: 185.2 in Width: 81.0 in Height: 44.7 in

Curb weight: 3850 lb

PERFORMANCE C/D EST):

Zero to 60 mph: 3.0 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 7.2 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 11.2 sec

Top speed (drag limited mfr's claim): 209–213 mph

FUEL ECONOMY:

EPA city driving: 8–9 mpg

EPA highway driving: 13–14 mpg

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

Love the "new" car, it's one of the only Honda's i'd ever own (as a sports car), there's a lot of fun aftermarket parts for that car, you have any plans for her?

Congratulations on the ride, dude.

Thanks guys. First thing I'm going to do is to get some new rear tires as they're pretty much done. I want to make it safe to drive first. I'll probably get a Team Voodoo shift knob. But as far as mods go I plan on just getting an intake and exhaust system for power. Nothing major since I'm not concerned with power as the car's fast enough for me as is. I'll get some suspension bits and eventually a coilover system.

The S2000 is a great car, nice pickup BB.

It looks like you're pretty local to me. If you need any performance work done I can hook you up with my buddy, who is a pretty well-known tuner for those cars.

The S2000 is a great car, nice pickup BB.

It looks like you're pretty local to me. If you need any performance work done I can hook you up with my buddy, who is a pretty well-known tuner for those cars.

Thanks. I'm in Alhambra actually. I want to find a good place to do general mechanical work and a place that does tuning/ installation work. Preferably a place that can do both.

Here are some pictures I took. Click.