The MW Automotive Thread Quattro SpecV

areaseven

On the subject of Dodge Challengers (btw, I'm getting one soon ^_^ )...

I wonder what your beloved Ahnuld would think about your little matchbox car, Agent ONE :D:lol::p

Arnold_Schwarzenegger_in_Dodge_Challenger_SRT8.jpg

^_^

Vostok 7

He only drives American cars. For years.

Thats a beautiful toyota

To call the Lotus a "toyota" is to seriously downplay what they are.

Take all the good things about Toyota (reliability, long lasting engines, steady flow of parts), combined with the sharpest, quickest handling car you'll ever find and you'll have the Lotus. Seriously, it's like strapping a Celica engine to a Gokart and then putting a body around it.

But here's my point: Drive one before you call it a "toyota".

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Take all the good things about Toyota (reliability, long lasting engines, steady flow of parts), combined with the sharpest, quickest handling car you'll ever find and you'll have the Lotus. Seriously, it's like strapping a Celica engine to a Gokart and then putting a body around it.

Vostok 7

meh toyota

Now this!!

post-4512-1233124109_thumb.jpg

I don't necessarily agree with nugundam's statement, however, there were several proposed challenges by car mags of turning an MR-S into a lotus killer and it was done time again with considerable cost savings. But that's a whole other bag of tricks; out of the gate, an MR-S or any Toyota for that matter won't thrill like a Lotus can, but i think the looks department is where the Lotus wins all of its points that may be lost in the performance section. And even though the Lotus isn't that fast, it's going to feel a WHOLE lot faster when you're seat is a few inches from the ground and you have the ability to turn on a dime.

I don't necessarily agree with nugundam's statement, however, there were several proposed challenges by car mags of turning an MR-S into a lotus killer and it was done time again with considerable cost savings. But that's a whole other bag of tricks; out of the gate, an MR-S or any Toyota for that matter won't thrill like a Lotus can, but i think the looks department is where the Lotus wins all of its points that may be lost in the performance section. And even though the Lotus isn't that fast, it's going to feel a WHOLE lot faster when you're seat is a few inches from the ground and you have the ability to turn on a dime.

Indeed. Trust me, as cool as the Lotus is, I'd never pay asking price for one. The interiors are terrible, the ergonomics suck, and they are wayyyy too small. But are they a blast to drive? Heck yes.

Vostok 7

Vostok 7

Totally. it does feel fast.

But 0-60 times aren't everything, if they were we'd all be driving drag cars. The lotus can break later and accelerate sooner than anything else mentioned in this thread. THAT is the win with this car. So the Genesis may win the drag race, but in turns the Lotus can catch up if not beat it.

I don't mind when people call it a Toyota. Even flame baiters.

When Lotus decided to use sourced engines it saved the company. Designing and testing a proprietary engine for a low production car adds huge costs and they always run like sh!t because none of these companies can quality test like the big manufacturers can. The Toyota powerplant is one of the most reliable in the world, so unlike a few of my San Francisco friends who dropped a quarter mil on a car, I get all the same excitement and CAN ACTUALLY DRIVE IT EVERY DAY, because of that wonderful Toyota engine.

Let me add one more thing... I drive this car to the fukin limit, I mean I red line ALL THE TIME on the track at least. I have a friend who races Ferraris and he told me there isn't a Ferrari owner in California who will do to his car what it would take to beat most Lotus drivers. Why? Because we know if we melt the engine we can get one for 3 grand the next day... If the Ferrari guy burns his engine, its 100 grand and he has to wait 4 months. Once again, advantage Toyota.

I don't necessarily agree with nugundam's statement, however, there were several proposed challenges by car mags of turning an MR-S into a lotus killer and it was done time again with considerable cost savings. ...

If we can compare modded cars, then the Turbo Elise beats an Enzo in a cone slalom. So cost savings, I would say go to Lotus.

" the Elise devours the 600-foot slalom with a 73.7-mph speed. For comparison, a Ferrari Enzo runs the cones at 71.0 mph and is more knife-edged doing so." - Motor Trend, June 2005

So - I'm back for my second posti in this thread. Gonna start the long ugly disgusting process of getting my drivers license soon. That's the dull part. The fun part - buying my first car - will come later.

Actually, I don't really need a "car" as much as I need an SUV/station wagon/something with lots of space to put lots of big boxes.

My only two criteria are: 1) that it have automatic drive (no stick shift) and 2) that it be a Toyota.

Since my knowledge of cars is limited to my Transformers collection - can anyone here recomend what might be worth looking into?

Pete

So - I'm back for my second posti in this thread. Gonna start the long ugly disgusting process of getting my drivers license soon. That's the dull part. The fun part - buying my first car - will come later.

Actually, I don't really need a "car" as much as I need an SUV/station wagon/something with lots of space to put lots of big boxes.

My only two criteria are: 1) that it have automatic drive (no stick shift) and 2) that it be a Toyota.

Since my knowledge of cars is limited to my Transformers collection - can anyone here recomend what might be worth looking into?

Pete

automatic can save gas try driving a new 09 elantra. Holy shi7 for a car that runs on gas it sure can run a long time and the quality is top notch compared to a Toyota. You can more creature features like heated seats rather than with a toyota where you have to spend on every little thing even power windows. I drive a 04 Elantra GT manual . Although I modded the engine and installed new headers and tail system I still manage to save a bit of gas but not like my 09. I suggest that you at least give Hyundai a look while at the same time considering a toyota. If you go the toyota route. The camry is the way to go for the money while the corrola and ecko are really not worth the price tag.

Edited by nugundamII

Well - I'm actually not really looking at it from the money/gas point of view, but rather from the point of view of aesthetics/comfort.

I can't drive a manual stick shift car - no way. I was never any good at that and I'm taking my driving test on an automatic by default, because that's the only thing I can and want to drive.

If I had a choice, I'd probabyl just get an huge buick or oldsmobile and be a pimpin' old man going too slow on the free way. But I need to have something big with lots of room in the back - so that's the only consideration.

Still a ways to go before I get anything.

I like Hybrid cars with electric engines. Do they make any large cars with lots of storage space that are hybrids of fuel/electric engines?

No use for you guys to advise me on cars from the point of view of prices, since everything that's a car in Poland is probably twice as expensive as it is in the USA - so it kind of becomes a mute point anyway.

I don't on principle have anything against hyundai; it's just that my parents had a toyotoa and have a new toyota and it's really cool. My girlfriend has a toyota, and she's also happy with it. I've been surrounded by toyotas since I was a little kid so I'm naturally inclined to get one.

I can't get my dream big-ass buick because it wouldn't fit on any of the roads in this country.

Oh - and one last thing - the car has to NOT be low. This is actually one bad thing about Toyotas - they're made fairly low, which is great if you're driving on a road that doesn't have potholes every five seconds. Poland is one large pothole.

Anyways, thanks for the tips. Will check out the Camary I guess - look at some pictures and what not.

The only mod I'm planning on doing is putting CALL MONSTER GIRL and that cute pic of Ranka on my door - if I can find someone capable enough to do it.

Pete

Well - I'm actually not really looking at it from the money/gas point of view, but rather from the point of view of aesthetics/comfort.

I can't drive a manual stick shift car - no way. I was never any good at that and I'm taking my driving test on an automatic by default, because that's the only thing I can and want to drive.

If I had a choice, I'd probabyl just get an huge buick or oldsmobile and be a pimpin' old man going too slow on the free way. But I need to have something big with lots of room in the back - so that's the only consideration.

Still a ways to go before I get anything.

I like Hybrid cars with electric engines. Do they make any large cars with lots of storage space that are hybrids of fuel/electric engines?

No use for you guys to advise me on cars from the point of view of prices, since everything that's a car in Poland is probably twice as expensive as it is in the USA - so it kind of becomes a mute point anyway.

I don't on principle have anything against hyundai; it's just that my parents had a toyotoa and have a new toyota and it's really cool. My girlfriend has a toyota, and she's also happy with it. I've been surrounded by toyotas since I was a little kid so I'm naturally inclined to get one.

I can't get my dream big-ass buick because it wouldn't fit on any of the roads in this country.

Oh - and one last thing - the car has to NOT be low. This is actually one bad thing about Toyotas - they're made fairly low, which is great if you're driving on a road that doesn't have potholes every five seconds. Poland is one large pothole.

Anyways, thanks for the tips. Will check out the Camary I guess - look at some pictures and what not.

The only mod I'm planning on doing is putting CALL MONSTER GIRL and that cute pic of Ranka on my door - if I can find someone capable enough to do it.

Pete

Well since the environment is not an issue with you and price has no bearing and you need to show off your ego

May I suggest this!

You can also put a picture of yourself on one side and ranka on the other kissing alto with makeup

post-4512-1233160261_thumb.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

:) Hardee Har Har :) That's too big :) Waaay too big :)

It's not that price isn't an issue - it is. But the prices here are different - way different than in the US. So whenever someone says "car X has a decent price" then it might not here. :)

I was hoping for a more simple minded run down like - check out a, b and c - they look spiffy, have lots of space and are fun - or something :)

As for the environment - I did mention liking hybrids - those are supposedly good for the environment or something :) Besides, I live on a farm. Lots of trees, grass and the like. Hard for me to get excited over the concept of "the trees are all dying" or something when I planted about 50 of them and am surrounded by acres of woodland :)

Oh - and good idea with Alto in make up :) That is a very under used picture and would certainly be great :)

Pete Mr. Lingerie

Edited by VFTF1

:) Hardee Har Har :) That's too big :) Waaay too big :)

It's not that price isn't an issue - it is. But the prices here are different - way different than in the US. So whenever someone says "car X has a decent price" then it might not here. :)

I was hoping for a more simple minded run down like - check out a, b and c - they look spiffy, have lots of space and are fun - or something :)

As for the environment - I did mention liking hybrids - those are supposedly good for the environment or something :) Besides, I live on a farm. Lots of trees, grass and the like. Hard for me to get excited over the concept of "the trees are all dying" or something when I planted about 50 of them and am surrounded by acres of woodland :)

Oh - and good idea with Alto in make up :) That is a very under used picture and would certainly be great :)

Pete Mr. Lingerie

But if Toyota is your main squeezy might I suggest THIS!!!!! (800 hp. Why not just add the wings already[Although at 400hp less I still prefer my Hyundai Genesis Coupe with the carbon fiber hood and roof and oh yesssss someday I will own it by hook or by crook!] )

post-4512-1233164096_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1233164108_thumb.jpg

If you want a Toyota in Europe with limited off road capability and space then the options are few:

Toyota RAV4 SUV/limited off road

Toyota Land Cruiser aka a Tank

Toyota Hilux (more of a pick up)

or Subaru which is a partner of Toyota

Subaru Forrester (4x4)

Subaru Outback (station wagon)

Nota that some Toyotas types are build in Europe or Turkey and have more QC issues then the Japanese versions. Non of these cars are very cheap but all are very reliable. If you want good price/quality check out Skoda, Volkswagen technology without the status. American cars are quite cheap now due to the good exchange rate but unless you know people, repairs and maintenace are a killer.

http://www.performancecarnews.com/Fastest-...ocess=ShowTable

Genesis, 5.5 0-60 and 3700 lbs

Kinda fast for how heavy it is. But still...

Nugundam, you were cheering this thing on!?? I do have to admit it is beautiful. I think Hyundai should be worshiped for such a design, is that what you like about it?

Toyota RAV4 SUV/limited off road

I was actually looking into this one.

Subaru Forrester (4x4)

That's a good idea. Didn't think of that. Might be worth checking out.

Non of these cars are very cheap but all are very reliable.

Nothing in Poland is cheap except for prostitutes. Everything else is expensive as hell.

merican cars are quite cheap now due to the good exchange rate but unless you know people, repairs and maintenace are a killer.

The exchange rate isn't good anymore - but even if it were, importing a car from the USA or anywhere else is sort of pointless because of customs taxes, as well as the highest VAT in Europe (or at least one of the highest) which exists here.

Thanks for the tips - I think I'll have a look see at that Subaru and the RAV.

Mr. Lingerie

http://www.performancecarnews.com/Fastest-...ocess=ShowTable

Genesis, 5.5 0-60 and 3700 lbs

Kinda fast for how heavy it is. But still...

Nugundam, you were cheering this thing on!?? I do have to admit it is beautiful. I think Hyundai should be worshiped for such a design, is that what you like about it?

Yes because If I won the lotto tomorrow I would fly to England

Walk into the TVR dealership and BUY THIS!!!!!

And becuase the front hood has those vents the Hyundai Genesis Coupe also has these for a lot less the price. One would be my winter car the other would be the summer show off look at me car!!. I support any company that tries to innovate. Yes Toyota is the example of that but Hyundai has made great strides the other car I would buy is the Qrmac for the daughter just for the fact its made from recycled materials.

post-4512-1233173974_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1233174799_thumb.jpg

LOLOLOL!

"Zombie Road Signs Attack Austin!"

:lol:

slideshow here: http://news.aol.com/?feature=297558

mea culpa: thought it would go directly to story--have to scroll down to bottom of page. the last sign made me nearly fall out of my chair...really obscure reference, can't believe I got it! :p

I love maliciousness when its just for a joke like this... I mean someone broke into the control boxes to change those road signs.. As in they took on some serious risk.

A few years back the cops in SF arrested some guy who risked his life scaling the side of a building just to paint a mustache on a woman pictured on a bilboard... THAT guy should have been president. Awesome.