California Macross Launch Celebration?

From what I heard, they're spending a lot of their own money for the get together. Among other things, there are plans for t-shirts, flyers, and custom coins all planned for Launch Day. Didn't know a lot of fans were loaded for stuff like that.

Were funding the shirts,coins,name badges and event our selfs....I think it might actually be fun, Its a BBQ,Beer,music, some RPG games going,some XBOX and PS2 games going, A few vieos playing,showing a few displays, collectibles....but mostly its about spending time and talking about the mecha. B)) Believe it or not,at least with the group that is trowing the party, there all about Robotech, but at the same time they love the Macross universe.

Im into Robotech,yes....but also own and seen many times, DYRL,Macross 7, Macross frontier, Macross zero, and original Super Dimentional Fortress Macross....

If you still want to come, the door is open.....

You can find info at www.robotechX.com -under sdf1 launch party. or shoot me an email at MACROSS8511@yahoo.com

;)

So with the day pretty much upon us, is this still happening or what? The go-kart idea seems plausible, or a meetup in Japantown or something. Any ideas, or are we truly going to lose to the techies. ^_^

I have no problem having yours shipped here UN Spacy, as I'm in with a friend as is. The only problem would be actually meeting.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Well, I just woke up about 30 minutes ago, and my ride (new member Raider 3), won't answer his phone. It takes at least 90 minutes to get to SF proper. So the two idea appears out. Deep apologies to anyone set to go at that time and missed this message. I'll keep trying to get ahold of him since I did tell someone (shadow member Dick Hunter) we'd be up there.

EDIT: He finally answered. We should hopefully be leaving within the hour.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Looks like they are planning for one in SoCal and one for Los Angeles. Exact logistics for both look like they still need to be hashed out.

You are all still welcome to join us this saturday the 28th. just register that you are coming, and we can email you the directions and address:

link:

http://www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=...itstart=10#2980

Hope to see some of you there

:lol:

Edited by MACROSS8511